Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I go about Signing Off?

• 24-05-2010 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Been waiting months upon months for a backdate now, sick of this sham of a system so I'm moving in with the family in London for a while where I'll at least find temporary work. I'm leaving next week, how do I go about signing off? I'm on Supplementary Welfare right now and receive it on Tues, I'm due to leave Weds so can I still collect that payment? What happens with my backdate? I assume it will not come in this week seeing as it hasn't in the previous 15.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Fionn, you can collect your SWA as it's in arrears, i.e., you're paid for the week gone by, not in advance. Then just tell them face-to-face or by phoen or letter that your circumstances have changed, and you no longer want to claim your payment at the present time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

It appears it will not be such a problem now, as yesterday I got a letter saying my JSA claim has been refused as I do not satisfy the habitual residence requirement. This is despite me holding an Irish passport, having lived here the past 3 years (give or take the odd month in the summer), having been on the dole from Oct-Dec last year and having not even left the county since January, all the while applying for any suitable jobs I could find.

Clearly in this country you need to be earning millions before the government will offer you financial assistance.

What happens to the Supplementary Welfare I have been receiving (and thank god for that)? Will there be anything for me to collect next Tues? Do I have to cancel it in some way or can I just leave without telling them (I'm not going to go out of my way to help them in any way to be honest).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You have to cancel it. You would still be entitled to receive it as you don't qualify for JSA and have no income.

I can't see how you the failed habitual residence requirement. I would be appealing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Haddockman,

The Op failed to mention that he had a history of missing his sign on dates. Most recently because of the time he spent in the UK, his file was closed as a result and then had to reapply. (This is why he feels that the SW is a sham of a system).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fair enough. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

It appears it will not be such a problem now, as yesterday I got a letter saying my JSA claim has been refused as I do not satisfy the habitual residence requirement. This is despite me holding an Irish passport, having lived here the past 3 years (give or take the odd month in the summer), having been on the dole from Oct-Dec last year and having not even left the county since January, all the while applying for any suitable jobs I could find.

Clearly in this country you need to be earning millions before the government will offer you financial assistance.

What happens to the Supplementary Welfare I have been receiving (and thank god for that)? Will there be anything for me to collect next Tues? Do I have to cancel it in some way or can I just leave without telling them (I'm not going to go out of my way to help them in any way to be honest).

Consider letting the Supplementary Welfare people know you are leaving, just to finish the matter well. You had a hard time of it, one way and another. Best of luck in London.

axel rose wrote: »
    Haddockman,

The Op failed to mention that he had a history of missing his sign on dates. Most recently because of the time he spent in the UK, his file was closed as a result and then had to reapply. (This is why he feels that the SW is a sham of a system).

A history of missing sign on dates? If you're going to follow me around and make these accusations in my threads at least get it right. I missed one signing date because I was in London with family for my 21st birthday after not seeing them for over half a year.

A history of missing sign on dates? If you're going to follow me around and make these accusations in my threads at least get it right. I missed one signing date because I was in London with family for my 21st birthday after not seeing them for over half a year.

From thread titled Been AWOL for the past month
    Obviously I'll tell them. Although I don't really have much to say other than me missing a few signing days because of the snow (sounds lame but it's because I was flying to England and back and it got ****ed up with cancellations meaning I wasn't anywhere near my Post Office) and after that just kept putting it off (figured there wasn't a rush as I was taken off it anyway).

From the thread titled Missed signing day
    I was meant to sign on today but I couldn't as I had to go down to Ennis on Sun night to see my elderly grandmother, then couldn't get a lift back up to Galway until this eve due to the icy roads. It's my intention to ring them/go into the welfare office tomorrow and explain this, but I'm wondering if they will accept it? If not then I'll think of some other story because in fairness I am looking for work, I just couldn't make one day due to circumstances beyond my control

How many signings did you miss again? :pac:

You're funny because you take no responsibility for your actions.

I missed one signing date, as in the day you're meant to go into the Welfare office. I took a while before I could get down to the Office again as there were quite literally snow blizzards and freezing conditions, it was a difficulty getting 5 mins down the road to the Post Office let alone 40 mins into town. But next time I need a commentary on my life I'll be sure to care about your opinion :)

LOL

At least you are not making nonsensical excuses :pac::pac::pac::pac:

(if you don't want judgement I advise you to avoid public forums)

• Advertisement

I can bear judgement on an internet forum, I could just do without you following me around on here posting bollocks about me.

Dude, How can it be untrue if they are your own words?

Anyway you were cut off because you have a history of missing signing dates be they for your cheques or your register date. (We agree on this-I think).

This threw up a red flag and you were cut off. When you reapplied you were refused as there was doubt with SW if you were based in this country. Can you not see where your responsibility lies anywhere here?

......But sure thats bollox as the welfare is a sham of a system.

(Oddly enough I DO hope you get settled with a job in London).

Advertisement