Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire

Options
  • 24-05-2010 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Based on reviews I have read, I want to get a HTC desire. I am on O2, and want to stay with them. Is the desire available from O2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Based on reviews I have read, I want to get a HTC desire. I am on O2, and want to stay with them. Is the desire available from O2?
    It most certainly is. It's also available for 02 customers from carphonewarehouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I can't see it on the o2 website... is it listed there somehwere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

I can't see it on the o2 website... is it listed there somehwere?
    It's not on the 02 website yet. Shops received the HTC desire in dribs and drabs recently. Carphonewarehouse received them first. I think that most of the 02 retail outlets have them by now.
    Would'nt you think that a big supposedly tech-savvy outfit like O2 would make it a priority to keep their website up to date ?
    Apparently not

Ah stop- yeah their website is absolutely terrible. I hate it.

I'd love to get a job there and sort it out for them. I might actually do that. They're supposed to be a good company to work for :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

slainte1 wrote: »
    It most certainly is. It's also available for 02 customers from carphonewarehouse.

OK, thanks. The girl in my local O2 looked at me kinda funny when I mentioned desire :p She insisted on giving me a HTC HD2.

But anyway, I will go back later this week, to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

OK, thanks. The girl in my local O2 looked at me kinda funny when I mentioned desire :p She insisted on giving me a HTC HD2.

But anyway, I will go back later this week, to double check.

Probably something to do with the way you might have looked at her:-)

... and 'shaking' the 'change' in your pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Well, I got the desire and it's excellent in every sense EXCEPT there does not appear to be a proper Skype App available for android. FFS:mad::mad::mad: That is total bull manure. What is the problem or am I missing something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Tr1PoD

I think you can download Fring from the marketplace and set up your skype account with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭granturismo

Last week, I asked my local O2 shop about the desire and was told that the HTC Smart would be available this week but couldnt tell me when the Desire was available directly from O2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

It doesn't exist because Skype haven't bothered releasing one. THere are alternatives like Fring but they are always a compromise.

Well, I got the desire and it's excellent in every sense EXCEPT there does not appear to be a proper Skype App available for android. FFS:mad::mad::mad: That is total bull manure. What is the problem or am I missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

slainte1 wrote: »
    I called in CarfoneWarehouse yesterday, but they told me they wouldn't get them in for months (02 prepay). I'm on O2 billpay, but had hoped to pick one up on prepay (without upgrade etc.).

Advertisement