Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete

Options
  • 24-05-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

hi guys... does anyone know the average price for ready mix concrete per. cu. mtr at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Construction & Planning -> Prices & Costs

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

I recently paid €63 per cubic meter + VAT in Limerick for 35N10.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uxak

limerick again here. 65+vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

35n20

€58 + VAT per m3

Laois

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

price of concrete varies for so many different reasons. different regions have different prices. if you have small quantities you'll have different prices. could have to pay standing charges or small load charges. best way of getting current prices is just to ring local suppliers and give them the quantity you need. also the different strengths of concrete will vary.

but, if you are just looking for a rough idea, these are recent costs for sizeable quantities in and around midlands region.

20n20 - €52
    25n20 - €54
    30n20 - €56
    35n20 - €58
    40n20 - €60

but like I said, just ring 3 companies nearby and get prices, and then haggle with the lowest one for something more off. if you need blocks, some could do a deal with this as well, or stone also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭cuculainn

63 + vat Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 40 2sounds

Midlands area.
    Main contractor gave me this info only yesterday

Concrete
    35 N 20 approx 50m3 our best price is € 62 per m3
    30 N 20 approx 15 m3 do € 60 m3

Filling

Clause 804 approx 220 tn @ € 7.50 tn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

This might be a silly question but how many m2 can you cover with a m3 of concrete? Is it 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DaDartle

Depends on the depth. l x w x h

Ex.

10m x 1m x .100m = 1 m3

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

when pricing for concrete ask about including GGBS (circa 40% less co2) I've been told by one concrete supplier that there is little cost or performance difference

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 calliealbert

ready mixed concrete is sold by the volume, so it's essential to know the area you're filling. ... should be looking at a cost of between £65 and £85 per cubic metre. ... and they'll be able to help you determine the best time for delivery. ... The average cement truck carries around 6 cubic metres of concrete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement