Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead links on roberts 202 internet radio.

• 24-05-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭

Just discovered that two of the boston sports radio that i used to listen to esp weei radio boston are getting network timeout messages.What worries me is that this is becomming a trend,either the site is blocked outside of usa or in the case of weei radio you have to listen to station through their player on the website.Anybody else discover that their favourite foreign stations are timed out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Happened to KDKA Radio in Pittsburgh recently too. Must be a Clear Channel policy that has been implemented! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭decies

Happened to KDKA Radio in Pittsburgh recently too. Must be a Clear Channel policy that has been implemented! :mad:

Its frustrated if this continues as its a nuisance if you have to go back to the net to acces your favourite radio station,defeats the purpose of the internet radio in the first place.At this rate will be left with the bbc stations ,dont even mention the ever increasing rights issues(french open being the latest) :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've a link to BBC R5 live stored on my Roberts 202 and it says it will stop at the end of May. I think you were the one who actually provided it, decies. :) However, I've the station selected through http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/ and it seems OK. I'm not a regular listener so I would guess this one can't be bypassed or you get the 'due to rights restrictions' spiel.

I've a link to BBC R5 live stored on my Roberts 202 and it says it will stop at the end of May. I think you were the one who actually provided it, decies. :) However, I've the station selected through http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/ and it seems OK. I'm not a regular listener so I would guess this one can't be bypassed or you get the 'due to rights restrictions' spiel.
    Yes we are stuck with five live and extra with rights issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

I listen to Talk702 in South Africa and sometimes the Roberts202 gives that message. I find, as with most computers, to unplug it for a few minutes and then start afresh the problem disappears and I can listen again.

I'm not sure if it's the same with the channels you mention.

• Advertisement

Breaking news i emailed wifi radio about it.
    i also emailed the people who run the streaming on the website,they got back to me within 3 hours.
    The streaming crowd gave me a url http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/pls/WEEIAM.pls .
    Before i tryed the url for the station again on roberts,i just checked had weei come back on my favourites,sure enough it had!!!
    I also added the url to my added stations,that worked as well.
    all good on this one.

More breaking news wrko boston is back now.!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ditto - however, and I stand to be corrected here, I think that's just the real stream - afaik, you can still get the mp3 stream.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,523 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Aye, I meant to say that. Hopefully alternative streams will be available.

Rte stations not coming through on the internet through roberts.I notice on website the windows player versions of rte stations are not working either.Anybody else same problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

decies wrote: »
    Rte stations not coming through on the internet through roberts.I notice on website the windows player versions of rte stations are not working either.Anybody else same problems?

Yes, me too. Usually if RTE1 is off I can get RTE Extra but nothing today. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Still no RTEs this morning. :confused:

Network Error on them all. Can anyone help??? :)

editing to say I've just updated (software or something!!!) the radio and now getting Network Timeout instead of network error. Same thing I suppose. Is it an RTE problem???

Not sure.
    I've tried adding one or two podcasts to my favourites folder, but it doesn't seem to want to play them - format error, etc. Odd because they're mp3 and available in iTunes and it shows them in sequence (podcast #216, #217, etc) in the Roberts radio, but doesn't want to play them.

Advertisement