Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topless sun bathing

Options
  • 24-05-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭

I recently went on my second sun holiday. I had never actually saw any women in public areas sunbathing before these holidays. I have been to Florida for family stuff but had never witnessed it on beaches there. I figured ladies would do it at home in the back garden. While I don't have a problem with it I'd love the logic behind why it's ok when abroad and is it only European women that do it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

worthless this pics without is thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wife and I spend a fair time aboard, Nice/Cannes, etc in South France for example.
    Its quite a common thing. I could post holiday snaps (of the beach) but due to our proclivities for things uncovered in our state and our attitudes towards the natural body, I can't for fear of breaking the forum rules.

6 Billion+ creatures in the world called "humans" - what's the big fuss over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Would this be a sort of a nudey thing, Father? Down with this sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Biggins wrote: »
    Wife and I spend a fair time aboad, Nice/Cannes, etc in South France for example.

Nothing better the being irish in Nice your treated really well bye everyone love the place.... More so i live sitting on a certain road and watching the pretty french ladys walk bye... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Funnily enough I wouldn't sunbathe topless in my garden because I wouldn't know who'd be perving out windows, but I'm perfectly happy to do so on a nude beach.

I can only imagine that the reason that it's ok in Europe and not here is a) we don't get the weather for it and b) Irish lads react to breasts like they're some amazing mystical thing and, unlike European guys, can't keep their bloody mouths shut and accept the fact that the female of the species has mammary glands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

kylith wrote: »
    Funnily enough I wouldn't sunbathe topless in my garden because I wouldn't know who'd be perving out windows, but I'm perfectly happy to do so on a nude beach.

I can only imagine that the reason that it's ok in Europe and not here is a) we don't get the weather for it and b) Irish lads react to breasts like they're some amazing mystical thing and, unlike European guys, can't keep their bloody mouths shut and accept the fact that the female of the species has mammary glands.

Dublin 8? nope,it's not me anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

the fact that the female of the species has mammary glands.

You've just ruined the ending of the sex ed. book I was reading.
    Thanks.

Nothing better the being irish in Nice your treated really well bye everyone love the place.... More so i live sitting on a certain road and watching the pretty french ladys walk bye... :D

Love the place ourselves. Especially the old french quarter.
    Hope to retire there.

Back on topic. We need in some cases to drop our inhibitions and (for some) get over our self-esteem issues.
    Only then can we start to move on in some ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I've sunbathed topless while away, and here. Theres a quiet enough beach near where I live that I'd use if I wanted to lie out for a while. Also in my back garden.

In Ireland people aren't really used to seeing tits on full display on the beach. So going topless is viewed as either a novelty or a 'disgrace'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

worthless this pics without is thread.

thanks alot YODA !!!

.... made me think and read it twice !! (two things I dont like doing)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I really think a lot of people have an idealized version of topless bathing in their heads comprised of Swedish swimsuit models and Adriana Lima.

Instead, you're far more likely to get something like this.

I'm glad topless bathing isn't that popular (at least here), it sure as hell ain't what you think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Think you're puttin the cart before the horse on that one.

As Doug Stanhope says, "If you want us to stop looking, then take your top off!". We look because its a rareity here. If it were more normal we'd look less.

To flesh Stanhope's point he says what if women wore gloves constantly? Would you ogle her bare hands?
    Do they have "facey" bars in Muslim countries? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I recently went on my second sun holiday. I had never actually saw any women in public areas sunbathing before these holidays. I have been to Florida for family stuff but had never witnessed it on beaches there. I figured ladies would do it at home in the back garden. While I don't have a problem with it I'd love the logic behind why it's ok when abroad and is it only European women that do it?

What part of Florida did you go to? I used to live in South Beach, and there were topless women everywhere - locals, American tourists, and foreigners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Biggins wrote: »
    6 Billion+ creatures in the world called "humans" - what's the big fuss over!

This means Moar Diddies in posh-speak right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

get over yourself love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Funnily enough I wouldn't sunbathe topless in my garden because I wouldn't know who'd be perving out windows, .

Ahh go on. You know well who they'd be, the dirty buggers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

liah wrote: »
    I really think a lot of people have an idealized version of topless bathing in their heads comprised of Swedish swimsuit models and Adriana Lima.

I'm glad topless bathing isn't that popular (at least here), it sure as hell ain't what you think it is.

What's it like in Canada , I'd say you could lose an eye in the colder parts.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

sums up cannes sunbathing pretty well, i didn't even know topless sunbathing was a big thing over there till i went, some absolute stunners :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Barceloneta beach begs to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

It's mostly Irish guys around the resorts though. The beaches aren't nude beaches there either. One was but didn't go to it. The girlfriend was fine having her tits on show but not down there. As a straight guy talkin tits are attractive if they are on show in a public place I'd look...not leer but long enough to form an opinion. e.g Dublin girl with fake boobies not so great

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    This means Moar Diddies in posh-speak right?
    LOL :pac:

Take a walk on the pebbled beach of Nice some time.
    That much mammary glands to be seen, its like staring at wallpaper after a while.
    Its like "meh!" and then you see something else just as nice, car, building, place...etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Was out Kayaking from Killiney beach out to Dalkey island on Saturday.. Loads of the nudie men swimming off the rocks there....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Abigayle wrote: »
    Theres a quiet enough beach near where I live that I'd use if I wanted to lie out for a while. Also in my back garden.

You have a quiet enough beach in your back garden?

Fckin awsum!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Abigayle wrote: »
    I've sunbathed topless while away, and here. Theres a quiet enough beach near where I live that I'd use if I wanted to lie out for a while. Also in my back garden.

In Ireland people aren't really used to seeing tits on full display on the beach. So going topless is viewed as either a novelty or a 'disgrace'.

Pics or GTFO :)

I've always wanted to say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I can only imagine that the reason that it's ok in Europe and not here is a) we don't get the weather for it and b) Irish lads react to breasts like they're some amazing mystical thing and, unlike European guys can't keep their bloody mouths shut and accept the fact that the female of the species has mammary glands.

Unlike, say, Italy and Turkey, and other meccas of male discretion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Have been on beaches before with my wangers out but wouldn't do it here. I don't think I would if I were where I knew people, I imagine I would feel too self conscious or make them feel the same way too. Can't blame them, tbh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

God remember seeing her topless for the first time,
    I must have been about six
    the empire strikes back I think it was

http://fightingcommiesforhealthinsurance.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jabba_hutt-sideshow-l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's a downside to nude beaches: you get the rough with the smooth. I was at one in Denmark (Dronningmølle) back in the mid-90s, and everyone was walking around nude. Some pretty young woman ... and her 60-ish parents. Yeesh ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I just thought of a comforting fact.. There's about 6-7 billion tits in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Ruu wrote: »
    Would this be a sort of a nudey thing, Father? Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now!

Advertisement