Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topless sun bathing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Funkfield wrote: »
    Think you're puttin the cart before the horse on that one.

As Doug Stanhope says, "If you want us to stop looking, then take your top off!". We look because its a rareity here. If it were more normal we'd look less.

To flesh Stanhope's point he says what if women wore gloves constantly? Would you ogle her bare hands?
    Do they have "facey" bars in Muslim countries? ;)
    Oh, I agree with you. I'd like to be able to lie in the park and sunbathe topless, but I'd have to put up with dozens of lads staring, and then I'd be arrested for indecency. As a culture we have an obsession with nudity (I blame the church for preaching that nakedness and sex is dirty and shameful) that's not going to go away until a large portion of the population grow the fuk up and cop themselves on. Of course it won't change until breasts are not a novelty, and that would be best achieved by breasts being everywhere, unfortunately it's still illegal here AFAIK, so it's unlikely to get less perved upon until that changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I just thought of a comforting fact.. There's about 6-7 billion tits in the world.

A lot more than that, I would say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL :pac:

Take a walk on the pebbled beach of Nice some time.
    That much mammary glands to be seen, its like staring at wallpaper after a while.
    Its like "meh!" and then you see something else just as nice, car, building, place...etc.

Yeah Cannes is unreal for boobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I just thought of a comforting fact.. There's about 6-7 billion tits in the world.

And Jason Byrne ( the comedian ):)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Love the place ourselves. Especially the old french quarter.
    Hope to retire there.

The French quarter of a city in France :pac:

I love this time in May when all the Nordic exchange students flock to the park and let the puppies out for the last few weeks before going home. There's the inevitable fat lass from Hull in the mix but that can't be helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Tits as in mammary glands or tits as in complete fools?
    I would guess around 7 billion mammary glands and around 4 billion fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

More topless sunbathaing for hot birds with good bangers, less going outside for ugly birds.
    Who's with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

kylith wrote: »
    I can only imagine that the reason that it's ok in Europe and not here is a) we don't get the weather for it and b) Irish lads react to breasts like they're some amazing mystical thing and, unlike European guys, can't keep their bloody mouths shut and accept the fact that the female of the species has mammary glands.

Well if you just whipped them out a bit more often from underneath your cardigan then all of us Irish lads would see that in all probability they are far from amazing.......hence shattering the myth. Then Irish women could walk around towns naked and not get bothered.

Write that down.

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

punchdrunk wrote: »
    God remember seeing her topless for the first time,
    I must have been about six
    the empire strikes back I think it was

http://fightingcommiesforhealthinsurance.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/jabba_hutt-sideshow-l.jpg

I was like ...leia....is that you.....damn jabba :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have sunbathed topless before but wouldn't now as the skin in that area gets damaged very easily. I would do it naked if they ever invented adequate protection from the sun but at the moment all they do is stop you from getting burned.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The French quarter of a city in France :pac:
    The OLD...

If you know Nice, there is two modern parts to it, either side of the ancient fort on a hill and there is an old section. :p

See here for a few safe pics of one part: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=571

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

WindSock wrote: »
    Have been on beaches before with my wangers out but wouldn't do it here. I don't think I would if I were where I knew people, I imagine I would feel too self conscious or make them feel the same way too. Can't blame them, tbh :cool:
    I'm the same. Have no problem with it on hols but wouldnt dare do it over here in case i met one of my Mams neighbours :)

stovelid wrote: »
    Unlike, say, Italy and Turkey, and other meccas of male discretion?

I wouldn't pass comment on those lads because I don't know what they're like.

Does Turkey even have topless beaches, what with it being a Muslim country?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The OLD...

If you know Nice, there is two modern parts to it, either side of the ancient fort on a hill and there is an old section. :p

See here for a few safe pics of one part: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=571

INVALID BOOBS DETECTED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

When the weather is good enough, I walk around the back garden bollock naked, with my lad & nuts swinging freely in the breeze. It's very liberating, though sometimes I feel self conscious as I think the plants are staring at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I wouldn't pass comment on those lads because I don't know what they're like.

You implied that Irish men had less self-control than other European men which I don't think is the case.

And I don't buy the argument that a more relaxed attitude to public nudity would stop people ogling attractive bodies either.

When the weather is good enough, I walk around the back garden bollock naked, with my lad & nuts swinging freely in the breeze. It's very liberating, though sometimes I feel self conscious as I think the plants are staring at me.

Their not they are laughing at you:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's only sexual harassment if they have stalks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

The OLD...

Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

When the weather is good enough, I walk around the back garden bollock naked, with my lad & nuts swinging freely in the breeze. It's very liberating, though sometimes I feel self conscious as I think my parents are staring at me.

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Oh, I agree with you. I'd like to be able to lie in the park and sunbathe topless, but I'd have to put up with dozens of lads staring, and then I'd be arrested for indecency. As a culture we have an obsession with nudity (I blame the church for preaching that nakedness and sex is dirty and shameful) that's not going to go away until a large portion of the population grow the fuk up and cop themselves on. Of course it won't change until breasts are not a novelty, and that would be best achieved by breasts being everywhere, unfortunately it's still illegal here AFAIK, so it's unlikely to get less perved upon until that changes.

Interesting. At what age would it be acceptable to do? Is it ok to have kids in the park? Teenage boys full of hormones. They'd get plenty of **** fodder I guess. Can I sun my balls in Eyre Square on a hot day? They are just testicles...think I'd be called a pervert

It's only sexual harassment if they have stalks?

They are also wondering if the weed killer can do that are they next :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Fizman wrote: »
    You have a quiet enough beach in your back garden?

Fckin awsum!! :eek:

I wish. It's close enough to my house though :)

Actually, it would be pretty nice there now.

Layders :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

cant beat a naked swim in the sea 7.30 am rosses point pier any one:D:D:D

You implied that Irish men had les self-control than European men which I don't think is the case.
    I disagree. I think that European lads get more exposure to nudity than Irish lads, so it isn't such a big deal to them. Whenever I've been on a nude beach in Europe no-one's been staring at anyone else. Some Irish lads can't see a girl in a low-cut top without making crass remarks, so I don't think that they'd have a relaxed attitude to toplessness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

And I don't buy the argument that a more relaxed attitude to public nudity would stop people ogling attractive bodies either.

That's true, but there's ogling and then there's smart arsed remarks getting passed. Imagine all the overweight or older women who would have to endure 'cover it up, luv, etc' If they walked around the beach as freely as their Mediterranean counterparts.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Wompa1 wrote: »
    It's mostly Irish guys around the resorts though. The beaches aren't nude beaches there either. One was but didn't go to it. The girlfriend was fine having her tits on show but not down there. As a straight guy talkin tits are attractive if they are on show in a public place I'd look...not leer but long enough to form an opinion. e.g Dublin girl with fake boobies not so great

LOL - "Are you leering at me???"

"No madam, just forming an opinion".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

WindSock wrote: »
    Imagine all the overweight or older women who would have to endure 'cover it up, luv, etc' If they walked around the beach as freely as their Mediterranean counterparts.
    And that's a bad thing ?? :P:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You implied that Irish men had less self-control than European men which I don't think is the case.

Irish people abroad do have as much self-control. Seen it for myself.

Folk will always look, but abroad the attitude is "fair enough if your bothered to" but "don't judge unless your willing to be judged yourself".
    That and you adopt the local/national mentality that to "leer" is to be seen as just plain rude more so and more so - expect to be called out for it and chastised - in public if necessary!

• Advertisement

Interesting. At what age would it be acceptable to do?
    IMO nudity is acceptable at any age.
    Is it ok to have kids in the park?
    I think it's best to go to hospital to have kids. Parks tend to be full of germs. :P

IKWYM, Childhood nudity is no problem to me
    Teenage boys full of hormones. They'd get plenty of **** fodder I guess.
    Like they don't already? Do you know any teenage boys who have difficulty conjuring up an image to **** over?
    Can I sun my balls in Eyre Square on a hot day? They are just testicles...think I'd be called a pervert
    ATM you probably would, but you shouldn't be. As you say; they're only testicles. Half the population has them.

Advertisement