Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topless sun bathing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Abigayle wrote: »
    I've sunbathed topless while away, and here. Theres a quiet enough beach near where I live that I'd use if I wanted to lie out for a while. Also in my back garden.

In Ireland people aren't really used to seeing tits on full display on the beach. So going topless is viewed as either a novelty or a 'disgrace'.

never thought I'd be saying this but don't post pics :)
    Picturing your avatar topless is enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

kylith wrote: »
    I disagree. I think that European lads get more exposure to nudity than Irish lads, so it isn't such a big deal to them. Whenever I've been on a nude beach in Europe no-one's been staring at anyone else. Some Irish lads can't see a girl in a low-cut top without making crass remarks, so I don't think that they'd have a relaxed attitude to toplessness.

Would you do it on a normal beach? Or around a hotel pool. That's where I was seeing them. Also to answer an earlier question. Clearwater, Ft Myers and Orlando in Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

IMO nudity is acceptable at any age.

IKWYM, Childhood nudity is no problem to me

Pedophiles would have a field day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Strange. Should be in my albums section.
    Its only 9 pics to give an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,981 ✭✭✭✭bnt

So? If there's a problem, you deal with the problem, and move on. Why should the majority of people have to change their behaviour because of a criminal minority?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

MMM Tits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

On an ever so slightly topical note, here is one of my fave ads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I was driving in our village Saturday and I spotted this honey walking in shorts and a lovely blouse, long flowing brown hair and a great tan.
    I slowed down to have a gawk at the front at which time she turned, saw me and yelled
    “wha the fu** ar ya lookin at you fu**en boll**”
    Classy girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Would you do it on a normal beach? Or around a hotel pool. That's where I was seeing them. Also to answer an earlier question. Clearwater, Ft Myers and Orlando in Florida.
    What do you mean a 'normal' beach? As opposed to a nudist beach? I probably wouldn't because it'd be against the rules, the same for around a hotel pool. If nudity is allowed then I have no problem with going nude, if it's not allowed then I wouldn't. I have been topless both around pools and at the beach.

I was driving in our village Saturday and I spotted this honey walking in shorts and a lovely blouse, long flowing brown hair and a great tan.
    I slowed down to have a gawk at the front at which time she turned, saw me and yelled
    “wha the fu** ar ya lookin at you fu**en boll**”
    Classy girl?
    One not so classy person to slow down to be honest!
    She did right calling you out on it!

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    So? If there's a problem, you deal with the problem, and move on. Why should the majority of people have to change their behaviour because of a criminal minority?

I wouldn't like anyone looking at my kids, I don't care about anyone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

When spelled like that, I always think of people who like feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭BehindTheScenes

WindSock wrote: »
    On an ever so slightly topical note, here is one of my fave ads :pac:

That's hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I disagree. I think that European lads get more exposure to nudity than Irish lads, so it isn't such a big deal to them. Whenever I've been on a nude beach in Europe no-one's been staring at anyone else. Some Irish lads can't see a girl in a low-cut top without making crass remarks, so I don't think that they'd have a relaxed attitude to toplessness.

Maybe some of these male beacons of discretion you spotted on your European nudist beach whistle-stop tour were Irish? Did they all have signs over their head saying Non-Sexist European Male? :D

The logical conclusion of your argument is that this kind of male sexist behaviour doesn't exist in cultures with a relaxed attitude to nudity?

And it's disingenuous to compare the behaviour of men in a largely hermetic (and possibly pretty right-on) environment like a nudist beach with the extreme of sexiist idiots on the street....

I wouldn't like anyone looking at my kids, I don't care about anyone elses.

Paedos will like kids regardless of what they are wearing, so you may as well lock them in the basement.

Not Fritzls, obv.

Biggins wrote: »
    One not so classy person to slow down to be honest!
    She did right calling you out on it!

Thats not the point, I'm asking would she react the same if I was drooling over her at the beech and she was topless with that faboulus body.

Thats not the point, I'm asking would she react the same if I was drooling over her at the beech and she was topless with that faboulus body.

She would react worse and get her scumbag fella to stab you.

stovelid wrote: »
    And it's disengenous.
    Maybe the sun has got to me, but I burst out laughing when I read that.

^ lol too :pac:

Edit: Aw, you edited it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Paedos will like kids regardless of what they are wearing, so you may as well lock them in the basement.

On sunday out in the front of my friends houise theres a main green area there where 14 year old girls in bikinis sitting in the sun, it was like :eek:...
    Partys in here girls
    :o

• Advertisement

Each person is different.
    Your asking us to judge on little you tell us, would she now do the same? I should hope she would react the same way!
    Get real - and stop slowing down and gawking for gods sake man. Have some manners!

Its this type of behaviour that gives the rest of us a bad name!

:cool:
    ^ lol too :pac:

Edit: Aw, you edited it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Maybe the sun has got to me, but I burst out laughing when I read that.

Spelling fail is always more harrowing when one is trying to use big words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

i remember i was 15 and on the beach in howth in Dublin with a friend when this absolute stunning girl(looked foreign) came onto beach and stipped to bikini bottoms and lay down sun bathing. It was midweek and there were very few people about. We thought we were dreaming.
    You also see women topless in the dunes on dollymount from time to time.

On sunday out in the front of my friends houise theres a main green area there where 14 year old girls in bikinis sitting in the sun, it was like :eek:...
    Partys in here girls

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

stovelid wrote: »
    Maybe some of these male beacons of discretion you spotted on your European nudist beach whistle-stop tour were Irish? Did they all have signs over their head saying Non-Sexist European Male? :D

The logical conclusion of your argument is that this kind of male sexist behaviour doesn't exist in cultures with a relaxed attitude to nudity?

And it's disengenous to compare the behaviour of men in a largely hermetic (and possibly pretty right-on) environment like a nudist beach with the extreme of sexiist idiots on the street....
    Unfortunately there are a an awful lot of sexist idiots on the street.

I'm not saying that all Irish men have no self control when it comes to looking at ladies, or that all foreign men are cool around topless ladies, but in general in a culture where nudity is more common people will be less likely to behave inappropriately when confronted with it.
    Probably, because you would be being terribly rude.

Unfortunately there area an awful lot of sexist idiots on the street.

I wouldn't, i would just look once or twice maybe.

Unfortunately there are a an awful lot of sexist idiots on the street.

And the link to the evidence?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Irish people are extremely immature and prudish when it come to nudity. We are many decades behind Continental Europe in this regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Irish people are extremely immature and prudish when it come to nudity. We are many decades behind Continental Europe in this regard.

GET THEM OFF YA!!!

...sorry what was that??

Advertisement