Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topless sun bathing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Irish people are extremely immature and prudish when it come to nudity. We are many decades behind Continental Europe in this regard.

+1 and I would add "uptight" and Britons and Americans to the mix.

I mean ...stinky nylon swimsuits in the sauna ...ffs :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

it isnt going topless thats weird, its wearing anything at all in such circumstances that shows what a hung-up sad lot we are ....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Irish people are extremely immature and prudish when it come to nudity. We are many decades behind Continental Europe in this regard.

But paradoxically not so when it comes to near-nudity. The skimpy clothing worn around central Dublin of a Saturday night would put the frighteners on most Southern European ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

And the link to the evidence?
    The evidence appears to be all over this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

kylith wrote: »
    The evidence appears to be all over this thread.

what evidence? i just read it...

the only thing thats evident is that you think way too much of yourself... what in the hell makes u think anyone would want to look at you????

fact of the matter is, if you walk around with your títs hangin out, or if i walk around with my balls hangin out, ppl are gonna stare!!

that doesnt mean they want te roooiiiiide ye! its probably more, look at that clown!

balls need tanning too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

You also see women topless in the dunes on dollymount from time to time.
    Through your binoculours yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

neil_hosey wrote: »
    the only thing thats evident is that you think way too much of yourself... what in the hell makes u think anyone would want to look at you????

That's the sort of thing people often say when they get knocked back, isn't it? :pac:

that doesnt mean they want te roooiiiiide ye! its probably more, look at that clown!

So girls that are topless that get stared at because look like clowns?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

this thread is funny most irish men would turn bright red if they seen a topless women walking towards them never mind oggel them.most irish girls are prudes simples:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I used to sunbathe topless all the time until I had an unfortunate sunburn incident. Nipple burn is not pleasant.

Mostly all of my female friends sunbathe topless though, either in their gardens when we get the weather here, or on holidays. Most people don't bat an eyelid. Of course you get the odd prolonged stare but I find it's women who scrutinize you closer than the men.

WindSock wrote: »
    That's the sort of thing people often say when they get knocked back, isn't it? :pac:

So girls that are topless that get stared at because look like clowns?

Knocked back?? i take you mean i got rejected for staring at tits or something?? are you one of these ice queens i hear about who loves men coming onto her and then rejecting them :D:D :eek::P Stay away!

maybe! i never ran a pole on it .. its probable though! same for if i was walking around with my balls hanging out.

My opinion on why irish women arent so open to going topless, i think its more a confidence thing, european women dont give a crap what people think.

What really annoyed me, hence my sarcastic reply above, is the way in which kylith uses "irish men are bastards!! arghh" as a reason to not go topless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

most irish men would turn bright red if they seen a topless women walking towards them never mind oggel them

WTF???? Are you from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

oh do please put a sock in it!

We don't go topless here because:

1. Its too fcuking COLD
    2. You don't wan't to bump into your boss/uncle/neighbour in the park/beach while your norks are out.

Simple

Every Irish woman I know wears bikini here, goes topless abroad. I never met all these hung up Irish birds that are all up themselves....you're talking out yer sunburned buttcheeks BOY !

oh do please put a sock in it!

We don't go topless here because:

1. Its too fcuking COLD
    2. You don't wan't to bump into your boss/uncle/neighbour in the park/beach while your norks are out.

Simple

Every Irish woman I know wears bikini here, goes topless abroad. I never met all these hung up Irish birds that are all up themselves....you're talking out yer sunburned buttcheeks BOY !

my buttcheeks may be burned, but i dont think you get what im saying! you are right in what you said. read my last post...

i dont care who goes topless or not!! just dont blame irish lads as the reason why you dont ( as kylith did!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Biggins wrote: »
    Wife and I spend a fair time aboard, Nice/Cannes, etc in South France for example.
    Its quite a common thing.

Nice/Cannes is the best place to see nice cans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

they can't prove your staring if ya got shades on :cool:
    who knows where those eyes are staring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Was at home for the weekend, and there was a girl sun bathing topless discreetly away from the main beach area. Meh, not that rare a sight down there, hence nobody walking by was riding her with their eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

given your location, are you sure she didnt wash up on the beach? maybe floated all the way from florida? :rolleyes:

sorry, i couldnt resist, anyway back on topic-

where i live there used be a green area where every summer mostly polish girls would lie out topless in the grass along the river bank. nobody batted an eyelid once they got used to it, have to be honest I did double take a couple o times myself when there was a particularly attractive display on show, but it wasnt too bloody often I can assure you! :o

damn ugly concrete skateboard park there now! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

I totally agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I wouldnt myself, but it would be more out of fear of sunburn, jesus the idea of it. They just are not used to the sun. Most beaches in Europe it wouldnt be a big deal at all, I remember feeling dreadfully over dressed on a beach in croatia where everyone under 50 was topless and there was me in my full swimsuit not even a bikini. I dont sunbathe though so it would be pointless for me to sit in the shade topless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

neil_hosey wrote: »
    what evidence? i just read it...

fact of the matter is, if you walk around with your títs hangin out, or if i walk around with my balls hangin out, ppl are gonna stare!!

balls need tanning too!
    It's not about sex. It's about manners. Too many Irish fellas take a low cut top as an invitation to make inappropriate comments, so I can only imagine what they'd be like if Dollymount were decreed a topless beach.

Excuse me if I find that inappropriate and offputting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

Dont guys do this all the time yeep... and as soon as a woman goes on her holidays and settles down in a place no one knows her its all its 'begods look at the whats its their':cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

As a very hairy 18 stone bloke i would never sun bath topless.

But it was so sunny this weekend I did whip on my AC/DC muscle vest, red speedos, leather gloves & roller skates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kylith wrote: »
    Too many Irish fellas take a low cut top as an invitation to make inappropriate comments,

A prick is a prick regardless of decent. Too many Irish fellows already insult fat people, old people, skinny people and people who they feel they can intimidate at the beach. You could just add yourself to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

xsiborg wrote: »
    where i live there used be a green area where every summer mostly polish girls would lie out topless in the grass along the river bank. nobody batted an eyelid once they got used to it, have to be honest I did double take a couple o times myself when there was a particularly attractive display on show, but it wasnt too bloody often I can assure you! :o

damn ugly concrete skateboard park there now! :mad:

Steamboat quay!Yes i feel your pain, dam skatepark!
    A good few near misses on the road adjoining it due to combination of a pedestrian crossing and bikini clad girls laying in the grass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Originally Posted by JupiterKid

Indeed , Walk along a crowded beach like in Playa Blanca Lanzarote and you see young single women / young and older mothers of various nationalitys sunbathing topless,it's the norm . Same in Ibiza , Canarys and liberating to see when you have come from a prudish country like Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

It's more of the Catholic morals beaten into Ireland..

Personally, I do sunbathe topless, but not on the becah or anything, I do it in my own garden so as not to make anyone feel uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This thread needs this as reference material.

*****Mildly NSFW (Not Safe For Work)*****

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

this thread is funny most irish men would turn bright red if they seen a topless women walking towards them never mind oggel them.most irish girls are prudes simples:D

Irish men turn bright red on beaches all the time. After about 20 seconds usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

what does NSFW stand for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

From experience alone, having been abroad in a lot of top class beaches and places, the drooling, gormless idiots are quickly spotted and moved on (The Spanish cops just love them).
    Every nation has them including Ireland. By the sounds of some in this thread, some are present here too!

They don't last an hour on a decent topless beach in the med'. They are spotted easily for what they are. Frankly the sad sods, the just pathetic fools who wouldn't know taste, manners and decorum if it stood two feet in front of them, usually end up in a bar somewhere unable to cope with a more European lifestyle that is beyond their little minded comprehension.

They can stay in their archaic knuckle dragging ways and scratch their heads in wonder for some time to come, at why the rest of the world has moved on and left them behind.
    What is their only retort? To leer, sneer and mock. In other words, be their pathetic selves again.

Advertisement