Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - The Academy December 13th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just seen it a few minutes ago :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was a good show the last time they played there, if i can afford it after all the other gigs I'll try and get along to this!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

Definately going, really looking forward to it too. Last show there was enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Was waiting for this thread,they announced it on their facebook page a few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Fallen Rule

Hey boards,
    If anyone is heading to the Academy tonight to see Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Fallen Rule will be there to support.

Below is some spiel, and below that is a video and song. Hope you can make it in early. peace out!

FALLEN RULE is a new rock & roll band born in 2010 in Dublin, Ireland. The brainchild of frontman Scott Glennon, the band was conceived while he was lead guitarist with much-loved Dubliners, The Brothers Movement (previously Mainline); with whom he has toured Ireland, the UK, mainland Europe and the US, including festivals such as Oxegen and the South By South West music showcase in Texas.

In his first incarnation, Glennon has played/toured with the likes of the Chemical Brothers, MC5, Sonic Youth, Primal Scream, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, The Dandy Warhols, Brian Jonestown Massacre and, as personally invited guest to, the Jesus And Mary Chain in London, amongst others.

In early 2010, The Brothers Movement's album received 8/10 in the NME, while other highlights included appearances on the acclaimed Irish show Other Voices, and music featured on the hit US TV series Ugly Betty. Quietly writing and developing his own distinctive material all the way through, Glennon decided to start a new band to give these songs life. Along with former Brother's Movement drummer Andrew Parkes, Glennon set about merging luscious guitar with heartfelt vocal harmonies, to channel his lyrical ideas, encompassing heartache, self-reflection and personal observation. It is said, that in purgatory, the fallen rule - these songs are the soundtrack to an uprising and offer a light to those modern day lost souls.

Thanks, Andy

• Advertisement

Good luck with it. Heard The Minutes are supporting them in Belfast tomorrow night, have seen them live before and are very good. Suprised they didn't get the support slot tonight as well considering they are from Dublin.

Anyway, I just care about seeing BRMC. Been my favorite band for quite some time and really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Did you see the set list they did at the weekend for their 1000th show? It was amazing. Extra long set too for the occassion.

from msg board
    Love Burns
    Red Eyes and Tears (no reprise)
    Whatever Happened to my Rock'nRoll? (it's around this point that the audience starts to wonder whether they're playing the first album in full...)
    Spread Your Love (...but evidently not)
    (Rob explains that they're playing a bunch of songs in 'the order in which they came to us')
    Stop
    Six Barrel Shotgun
    We're All in Love (!!!)
    Heart & Soul
    Devil's Waitin'
    Shuffle Your Feet (acoustic)
    Ain't No Easy Way
    Weight of the World (full band)
    Took Out a Loan
    Berlin
    Weapon of Choice
    Windows (tribute to Michael Been with Tom Ferrier, guitarist with The Call)
    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Rob acoustic, audience request)
    Dirty Old Town
    The Wild One (Johnny O'Keefe cover, with recorded intro and Michael tribute from Iggy Pop, who apparently wanted to be there in person, but was unable to be)
    Beat the Devil's Tattoo
    Bad Blood
    Half State
    Conscience Killer
    Shadow's Keeper
    Open Invitation

I had a ticket to go but looks like I won't be going now. I was mad to get my hands on the DVD they are selling at the show.

Did you see the set list they did at the weekend for their 1000th show? It was amazing. Extra long set too for the occassion.

from msg board

I had a ticket to go but looks like I won't be going now. I was mad to get my hands on the DVD they are selling at the show.

I was actually looking at that setlist this morning, incredible. I didn't realise it was their 1000th show. Their setlist for Glasgow was pretty impressive too so I'm expecting something similar tonight.

Which dvd is it that they are selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

Good gig last night but thought the finish was a huge anti-climax. And no Berlin :mad:

Thought it was a brilliant gig and Open Invitation was a nice way to finish it with his father having recently died. Just a brilliant ****ing band.

• Advertisement

Good gig last night but thought the finish was a huge anti-climax. And no Berlin :mad:

hate that, hopefully means there is a better chance of them playing it tonight:)

hate that, hopefully means there is a better chance of them playing it tonight:)

They'll definitely play Berlin tonight, you'll be doing well to get as good a setlist though.

They'll definitely play Berlin tonight, you'll be doing well to get as good a setlist though.

been looking at a few of their setlists from the last few weeks, they change it up a good bit but i'll be happy with whatever, cant ****in wait. Was going to go to the dublin show but it was soldout so said feck it, i'll make a night out of it in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Which dvd is it that they are selling?

It's a Live in London DVD. It was one of the last things Rob's dad was working on (mixing it) before he died. I had a scan through earlier, it's quality. It's different to the DVD they released last year which contained loads of footage from their Ambassador gig in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

What a great show in Dublin..... The sound from Peters guitar was outstanding. Great to see Leah in Dublin. Robert your amazing on that dirty bass.

Note to idiot who started fight in mosh pit........ If you are in a mosh pit expect to get pushed and shoved around. No need to start beating the crap out of a fellow mosher !!!!! And a fellow BRMC fan at that !!!
    What an idiot

Advertisement