Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Bins

Options
  • 24-05-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Can anyone explain why exactly every bin in town all the way down to salthill are exploding once theres good weather, do the council not realise that there will be more people using them and organise emptying of them?

Comments

That would probably involve overtime which they don't have a budget for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Why not ring the city's Parks service 091536400 and ask them, some public pressure may work.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't get me started on bin's in Galway in general. I walked from Newcastle (UCHG) to Lower Salthill the last night and not a single public bin. First bin was at Maxol which is a petrol station bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Carolyyn

Was out for a run earlier this eveing in the little park on Roshill Road just after Galway Crystal. Some idiots had deposited 4 bags of household refuse alongside the already overflowing bins. It'd opened and scattered everywhere, I'll pass it on to the council in the morning, God people like that make my blood boil..

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

people who bring their household waste p*ss me off but when the people make the effort to go to a public bin with their rubbish, rather than littering, and theres no space in the bin, its just annoying and idiotic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

What really annoys me besides the of lack of public bins and not emptying them, when people see that the bin is full can they not just hang on to the rubbish instead of forcing it in or leaving it beside it?:mad:

Advertisement