Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi S3 Insurance

• 24-05-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

SO i got my quote from 123.ie at a fairly decent 1230 considering im 24 with 5 yrs no claims.

the problem is when i checked with my current insurer, they say that i cannot transfer the discount they have given me, but it must be split from 5 yrs, to 3 yrs named, 2 yr NCB.

My quote then went up to nearly 2000.

Any ideas as to where i should go for a different quote?

Have just mailed Britton insurance, so waiting to hear back from them.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

im with Brittan Insurance on my S3.
    685e fully comp for me and my GF, im 29 with full NCB.

when your ringing around make sure the insurance companies are quoting you for th correct car, most of them assume its the 2.0 S3 which only came out in the new shape, make sure they know its the 1.8 Quattro S3 and most of them have the car saved in the following grouping -
    • Audi
    • A3
    • S3 Quattro

assuming its the MK1 S3 you have OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

xsdirect. But it might still be high even if you buy the excess down.

And I'd phone the insurance ombudsman to discuss it. Let them fight your corner and ask why you can't have the discount they gave you. Also get out your last policy renewal quote and check what they've said on it re NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

Yeah, its the mk1 version from 2001..

And i juts lost my deposit to 123.ie if i dont go with them, great!

And i juts lost my deposit to 123.ie if i dont go with them, great!

you shouldnt, you have 14 days from the initial purchase date to cancel the insurance policy with no loss of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

same happened m when renewing with Aviva. Ive been driving for almost 7 years with no claims but only had my own policy for the last 2. I was querying the NCB and they just dimissed the named driver experience. They basically said as far as they were concerned ive only being driving for 2 years properly. :(

• Advertisement

they have their non refundable setup fee.

Got an online quote for 1200 with Britton, 4k excess.

the only thing is it comes in under the A3 rather than S3. I'd be worried if the worst happened, i wouldn't be covered depsite engine size and quattro spec being mentioned in the name..

the only thing is it comes in under the A3 rather than S3. I'd be worried if the worst happened, i wouldn't be covered depsite engine size and quattro spec being mentioned in the name..

are you sure you are doing the quote properly?
    my insurance cert has S3 on it.

here is a screen shot from their website clearly stating that the S3 is a separate car from the rest, not just listed as an A3.

S3Quote.png

Thanks kceire, dumbass over here was rushing through in work and never scrolled down!

1450 with a 1250 excess aint too bad.. Or can risk 1250 with 4k excess..

€200 peace of mind could be worth it.

Thanks kceire, dumbass over here was rushing through in work and never scrolled down!

1450 with a 1250 excess aint too bad.. Or can risk 1250 with 4k excess..

€200 peace of mind could be worth it.

i would rarther pay the extra 200 for the lower excess tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

kceire wrote: »
    i would rarther pay the extra 200 for the lower excess tbh

Most definitely, would never consider a 4K excess over a 1250K excess for the sake of 200 quid!

• Advertisement
Advertisement