Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tomorrow morning / Quick Spin

• 24-05-2010 5:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭

......going up to Johnny Fox's , Ballybrack Road / Viewing Point and back down Cruagh.
    9am. Dundrum or wherever. ie. within 20 yds of the Bridge!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sounds good Al, count me in!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

OK. Cheers. See you at 9am, Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Might join ya's as far as viewpoint, be heading on to sally gap, laragh direction there after.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

possibly in if I wake up.....but don't wait :)

Still on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

I'm still going that direction.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Still on?

Of course. Just getting kit on. See you later.

2hrs. Nice spin lads. Beautiful weather.

A few nice "digs" on the way back Voodoo! :)

Good spin alright, it felt faster than the numbers suggest. I think you will find it was the wily vet who was putting in all the digs on the way back!

New cables can't get here soon enough, I miss having a compact around the hills!

114914.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,169 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

New cables can't get here soon enough, I miss having a compact around the hills!

Your 16:10 up Bohernabreena disagrees.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Your 16:10 up Bohernabreena disagrees.

My knees disagree with the 16:10.

Are you back on a double? I was thinking of switching back from 105 compact (50/34) to Ultegra double (52/39), whatchya think?

Are you back on a double? I was thinking of switching back from 105 compact (50/34) to Ultegra double (52/39), whatchya think?

I was talking with Blorg about this. For racing it is great, anytime I have had to switch down there are no major jumps in cadence. It's very smooth.

For Wicklow, sportives, training, etc. I still think a compact is the way to go. It may depend on your riding style, but I don't like grinding up hills unless it's for short spells out of the saddle, much prefer spinning in 34-23/25. 39-25 isn't exactly massive but I am no Raam, but I find it does make a difference, especially at a more leisurely pace. You can up the cadence and tire yourself out quicker. Not exactly the most social choice on a saturday morning and over a longer sportive like the W200 it might leave you with less in the legs for the SM/SE.

Solution is obviously to buy another bike :)

EDIT: Sorry I left out the obvious choice: multiple cassettes. You could have an 12-23 for racing and a 12-27 for everything else.

Thanks for that.

Is 34/23 or 25 comparable to 39/27? and (last question) do you think I'd have the ability to become proficient at changing the cassette myself?

(Bear in mind it is a long time since I missed a Sunday spin because I tried to top up my tyres and instead ended up deflating them completely and irreparabaly, but that I wouldn't exactly be bike mechanic of the year....)

Thanks for that.

Is 34/23 or 25 comparable to 39/27? and (last question) do you think I'd have the ability to become proficient at changing the cassette myself?

(Bear in mind it is a long time since I missed a Sunday spin because I tried to top up my tyres and instead ended up deflating them completely and irreparabaly, but that I wouldn't exactly be bike mechanic of the year....)

More like 39-28 (which is still marginally higher). If you can ride around comfortably in 34-23 then 39-27 will be no bother.

Changing cassettes is pretty easy, sometimes messy if like me you see the cassette explode like a deck of cards as you take it off, but it's something you might end up cursing as you are trying to rush out the door.

Seriously, 2 bikes!

Advertisement