Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The arrested driver

• 24-05-2010 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I posted a thread called 'non-cooperation', but the thread was locked, so I can't reply.
    Just a couple of things as a few posters have correctly pointed out the fact that a few details are missing:

1. I'm a woman.
    2. I drove after drinking because my daughter was in hospital and I was on my way to see her.
    3. On arrival at the station I asked to go to the loo. At NO POINT was it suggested to me to give a sample first. I was not ever in my life arrested for anything, so I had no clue that this would be significant. If in fact it is significant, that's not any fault of mine.
    4. I was given the option of a blood or urine sample. I chose the latter for reasons I've already explained i.e. I had already gone.
    5. If whoever it is who is suggesting I 'knew' it would be difficult for the doctor to get blood from me, might take their head from out of their posterior for long enough, they will discover that it was approx. 2 weeks AFTER my lovely arrest that I was in hospital when the nurse had difficulty taking my blood, so NO, I had no idea that it would be difficult to get my blood.
    6. I did cooperate with pumping my fist. I was sobbing crying at the time and hyperventilating. I also have asthma. The doctor seemed to think this was the reason he couldn't get my blood. Perhaps being upset is seen as 'failure to cooperate'.
    7. It was after the doctor failed to get my blood and told the guards to say I had been uncooperative that I called him a muppet. I think it was a fair comment. Although perhaps I could have worded it better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭nutts_77

Is this getting tedious to anyone other than myself???

If you want to meet your daughter in hospital drink driving is probably a good way to do it, but you could end up bringing a bunch of other people there who didn't intend to go to hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Your original thread was closed for a reason. That does not give you the right to start a new one to continue the discussion.

I would suggest you talk to your solicitor again, and ask him to clear up anything that you are unsure about. Us keyboard warriors are going to be no real use to you in this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement