Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books Question

Options
  • 24-05-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey,

Apologies if this has been answered before but can't find any info on it:

So, I bought one or two books prescribed on the first year reading list for a number of subjects but never even opened them.... I couldn't be bothered advertising them on adverts.ie but was wondering is there any bookshop on campus that I could trade them in for cash or something? - they are in mint condition by the way.

Cheers,

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

JayC5 wrote: »
    Hey,

Apologies if this has been answered before but can't find any info on it:

So, I bought one or two books prescribed on the first year reading list for a number of subjects but never even opened them.... I couldn't be bothered advertising them on adverts.ie but was wondering is there any bookshop on campus that I could trade them in for cash or something? - they are in mint condition by the way.

Cheers,

J

SU second hand bookshop in the student centre, it's just there below the pharmacy. From what I remember, you'll get something like 2/3rds of the value for your books from them. Which isn't too bad to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Chapters in town also take in text book if I remember rightly...

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

El Siglo wrote: »
    SU second hand bookshop in the student centre, it's just there below the pharmacy. From what I remember, you'll get something like 2/3rds of the value for your books from them. Which isn't too bad to be honest.

I've got books I want to sell too. Do you know if they would still be open now even though the term is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

NU8 wrote: »
    I've got books I want to sell too. Do you know if they would still be open now even though the term is over?

Doubt it, considering how much of the places shuts shop during the Summer. You could try during the first week of September, they'll be open then alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You dont get money from the SU book shop until the book is sold afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Chapters in town also take in text book if I remember rightly...

Chapters are awful. Offered me 8€ for two books I barely used that were worth 125€

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Fad wrote: »
    You dont get money from the SU book shop until the book is sold afaik.

Yeh as far as im aware they dont actually buy books, theyre just a go between for the sale so presumably, depending on the book, they could be sitting on a shelf for a while before you could see a penny for them. In saying that though you can just take them back and on top of that if they do sell them you probably get a fair price.

Advertisement