Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything LSAD in here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

can't wait to start in 3 weeks :P

excited/scared

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Gonna give them a call in the morning about second round and stuff, see if theres still hope, it'll show im interested and put my name in there heads, so the woman on the helpline said..

Im fairly crushed that everyone else has there choices..what did people actually get?

A193 wrote: »
    Gonna give them a call in the morning about second round and stuff, see if theres still hope, it'll show im interested and put my name in there heads, so the woman on the helpline said..

Im fairly crushed that everyone else has there choices..what did people actually get?

yeah good idea! you were only about 40 off which aint that much! there is always people who decline! best thing to do is do what you said above and be positive!:)

I just watched a video on FB about a little girl who confronts her parents after hearing them do 'it'...Laughter = Positivity

Pray to God we meet in a couple of weeks..;)

Pray to God we meet in a couple of weeks..;)

yes that would be especially cool :D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 3sa23

Im with you on that one,totally crushed that I didnt get the needed points ,i was 45 off ,if only it was last year i was trying to apply.Would it be a good idea to call the college about second rounds? I didnt put any other art course down on the cao so kinda crushed...ah well prob gotta do a plc year to do a portfolio!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Got 835, mark off was 830 :x

By the skin of me teeth! Everything set up now, see the rest of you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kelly:)

Melena wrote: »
    can't wait to start in 3 weeks :P

excited/scared

Same here. Can't wait to get started! Accommodation sorted now too. :)

Kelly:) wrote: »
    Same here. Can't wait to get started! Accommodation sorted now too. :)
    where you staying?

where you staying?

I guessed student accom would be my best move since I don't know anyone around Limerick. Grove Island student village?? Have you got anything yet?

• Advertisement

I guessed student accom would be my best move since I don't know anyone around Limerick. Grove Island student village?? Have you got anything yet?

I am going to be there too!:P we might randomly meet some day and have convo of how you were that girl on boards with the smiley face by her name!...or at a drunking party-who knows :P:pac:

I am going to be there too!:P we might randomly meet some day and have convo of how you were that girl on boards with the smiley face by her name!...or at a drunking party-who knows :P:pac:

Exactly! I think the second one sounds most likely. or maybe even in LSAD!! Not long now!

Exactly! I think the second one sounds most likely. or maybe even in LSAD!! Not long now!

think 1st years start on 10th(a friday=gay?) and other years 13th?
    coming from Longford going down for one day is not going to be fun :)

think 1st years start on 10th(a friday=gay?) and other years 13th?
    coming from Longford going down for one day is not going to be fun :)

Seriously? I'm the same then. A three hour drive from Wexford for one day. And it will probably only be a couple of hours too?

Contacted Admissions today, they said last year there wasn't even a round two!!:O I know of one person who more than likely got it but accepted level 7 Galway instead..thats a good sign, i hope...fairly crushed now..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭boardgirl

welcome to all the baby first years! I hope yer all excited about starting at the BEST art college in the country in a few weeks! Im about to go into second year myself and have to say first year was the best year of my life! The social life down here is great especially if you live in Grove or Park view and youll find there's no divide between the different years/ages of the students. First year core is very tough though and you should be prepared to work VERY hard if you want to (a)figure out what dicipline you are best suited to and (b) actually get a place on that course! The best advice I can give is to come in EVERY day and throw yourself into fully experiencing every dicipline even if you know you wont pick it. It can become very competitive after christmas and especially around ranking-understandable as sometimes there can be 90 students looking for a place in a dicipline that has only thirty places! Try to ignore all the hearsay and pressure laid on by some lecturers, enjoy your work and explorations-do your own thing!On your first day dont let the pretentious [EMAIL="di@kheads"]di@kheads[/EMAIL] intimidate you! If ya need anything holla x!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Has anyone gotten their letter from LIT about registration and stuffs?!

Anyone know of people dropping out? I'm praying so..:(

What points did everyone who got in get?

Seriously? I'm the same then. A three hour drive from Wexford for one day. And it will probably only be a couple of hours too?

yep will prob be a half day!
    sure its a "moving" day i guess :)

no letter yet but i would say we'll get one by Monday!

and thanks Boardgirl! you have me well excited! :D what discipline are you in ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hey hey!

YoO peeepS!!!!
    I'm getting up early and checking the post every day cos i'm so freakin excited, any1 else doin that?.. I'm like a child waiting for santa yet it will just be a letter about registration and that. Hope it comes monday:p

loOkin forward to Lsad loife, hope ta meet yeez all ther;)
    xxXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I rang admissions today, they said we'll probably get our letters on Monday or Tuesday. They have to wait until first round offers are done until they can send information...Registration is definitely on the 10th though!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 hey hey!

cheers arcade panda 4 that infO!!!!:p i'm considering moving up on the 6th just for the sheer fun of it:).. cos think i havta pay for accom in grove island that day anywayz lik!!!! whats every1 elses plans?
    xXxxX.....

hey hey! wrote: »
    cheers arcade panda 4 that infO!!!!:p i'm considering moving up on the 6th just for the sheer fun of it:).. cos think i havta pay for accom in grove island that day anywayz lik!!!! whats every1 elses plans?
    xXxxX.....

prob move in the 10th! but not live there til the sunday/monday :)

hey hey! wrote: »
    xXxxX.....

I had planned on moving up on the 6th too, but only because I thought that was registration day?! Dying to move into Grove Island and see what the place is like! serious excitement!!! :)

I had planned on moving up on the 6th too, but only because I thought that was registration day?! Dying to move into Grove Island and see what the place is like! serious excitement!!! :)

anyone get letters yet? im getting impatient :P

boardgirl wrote: »
    welcome to all the baby first years! I hope yer all excited about starting at the BEST art college in the country in a few weeks! Im about to go into second year myself and have to say first year was the best year of my life! The social life down here is great especially if you live in Grove or Park view and youll find there's no divide between the different years/ages of the students. First year core is very tough though and you should be prepared to work VERY hard if you want to (a)figure out what dicipline you are best suited to and (b) actually get a place on that course! The best advice I can give is to come in EVERY day and throw yourself into fully experiencing every dicipline even if you know you wont pick it. It can become very competitive after christmas and especially around ranking-understandable as sometimes there can be 90 students looking for a place in a dicipline that has only thirty places! Try to ignore all the hearsay and pressure laid on by some lecturers, enjoy your work and explorations-do your own thing!On your first day dont let the pretentious di@kheads intimidate you! If ya need anything holla x!;)

Thanks a bunch BoardGirl....really helpful information, could not be more excited!! :)

anyone get letters yet? im getting impatient :P

Nope!! Nothing yet! Impatient or worried? :p Hopefully we'll have them by tomorrow?!

Nope!! Nothing yet! Impatient or worried? :p Hopefully we'll have them by tomorrow?!

haha im just one a those people who imagine the worst like that my letter slipped from the postman's bag or something :P

• Advertisement

haha im just one a those people who imagine the worst like that my letter slipped from the postman's bag or something :P

haha...you're not the only one! When mine didn't arrive yesterday I was like, 'I did get a place in Lsad....didn't I?!' A little over-dramatic I'll admit.

Advertisement