Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything LSAD in here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I heard from a 1st year than the cut off point was around 785 last year, good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

I have 920 so hopefully its enough. Last year I had 790, but the first round was like 840 soooo.. I think after the first round your only gonna get in the back door!

A193 wrote: »
    I have 920 so hopefully its enough. Last year I had 790, but the first round was like 840 soooo.. I think after the first round your only gonna get in the back door!

940 is loads you will be grand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Found Nemo

Ok lads if anyone could help me out I'd be much obliged!

On my CAO choices, I have Crawford as no 1 and LSAD as no 2. Since filling out my CAO however, I had an epiphany and sensibly changed my CAO so that LSAD would be no 1.

The only issue is that I'm afraid I'm after leaving it too late for accommodation. I really want to go to Grove Island because it's so close to college and conveniant, I'll have to ring them to ask when I get credit but in all honesty, what are my chances of getting in there at this stage so late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ivoryblue

I've been watching this board since last year... aha ok creepin'..!
    But eeek just reading now again the excited people of last year and now thats me this year..! :')
    Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 HtoTheHIZZAY

ivoryblue wrote: »
    But eeek just reading now again the excited people of last year and now thats me this year..! :')
    Can't wait!

Same here! So excited for September! :) Can't believe they dropped points so much though.. not that I'm complaining...:D

So excited and scared for September! :P Its so close!
    But yeah didnt know what to expect! ha but not complaining here either! had a dream they went up to over 900 and got fairly freaked! haha so phew anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Deirds

ivoryblue wrote: »
    Can't wait!
    Same here! So excited for September! :) Can't believe they dropped points so much though.. not that I'm complaining...:D

I'm also a creep like both of ye, can't wait for September!!! Wooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Just started following this thread :D Hoping to go to LSAD next year, so I'm gonna get cracking on the portfolio any day now(Ncad brief is kinda confusing so I've been avoiding it... haha!) From what I've read Lsad seems like the place to be! How do all you current students find it? I know it's early for me to even be looking at accommodation, but I got excited so I had to :rolleyes: What's grove island like? Has anyone pictures? They're website has none :| Also, what's the price? Can you pay the year amount or do you have to pay by week? I surely hope they have broadband there, too :O Oh, I've been rambling on.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Hah! You're fresh outta' luck on the broadband in grove, matey! We have positively dire net connections, we're talking 50kbps~. Even worse so, there was a man-hunt last year when I had my wi-fi plugged in for wireless in'ernet. Having it plugged in was causing issues with their server to go all screwy (they say) and was wrecking other peoples connections. True if it was LAN being plugged in maybe, but mine wasn't! I don't blame the owners though, they're the ones being robbed by the crowd they're sourcing out to, but it is a real shame about the connection.
    Aside from that however, I can assure you, grove is a top notch little palace. Very lenient owners, lovely big desks in your room, and half the college is living in the little corner so theres always time for some banter!
    I pay by quarter, no photos I'm afraid, lovely apartments though. And a big woop for LSAD, man! I've never been happier!

• Advertisement

Hmm, well I'm a big internet person so something will have to be done about that! Haha! Seems good though, I could always get mobile broadband or whatever. Can you pay for the year, though? I think that would be easier? If anyone has any photos of the place/apartments, upload 'um please! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

I'd be a very heavy net user myself too, but really it's not as bad as I may have made it out to be. Yeah, it's slow, but if you embrace the college life, then you'll only need it for essentials like late night work and the odd facebook, especially in first year! Maybe in later years when the workload starts piling up, a place in town might be more ideal, but for first year, I can't recommend anywhere above grove, flaws and all!

I'm sure you could pay for the full year in one go if you'd like, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Oh right, not too bad so! What year are you in? Looking for some feedback on LSAD if anyone wants to give their opinions! :)

Bit late now seeing as I've registered and am in there monday starting .. :P But ditto Sean? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 steffieheart

anybody else applying for september?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 allycracker

hey guys,...looking for a bit of advice,..got offered a place in NCAD and its my first choice on the CAO,.. LSAD is second,..but after being down to Limerick loved the vibe and atmosphere of the place wondering whether to change the order on CAO, but don't want to base decision on one visit?..any thoughts on LSAD vs NCAD? pros and cons?..anyone take LSAD over NCAD offer?? Thaaankin ya'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 steffieheart

probably wont be much help but i am in love with LSAD. I dont go there but have applied for september. its ust so refreshing and everyone is sooo nice. it also has a laid back feeling that ncad lacked when i visited. how did you do point wise? If you did good i would defietely consider it. Its so friendly like. Oh you should also consider your location. I know it shouldnt alter your decision but if you live ages from one it may be a factor to account for. If it was me though...I'd choose limerick! good luck with your decision, im sure youll choose whats best for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FiB3

It really depends on the course you want, i've heard ncad is brilliant for fine art while lsad is excellent for sculpture and print (huge departments at lsad), ncad has some extra courses but lsad are adding courses in photography and animation

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PTheArtist

So is there any of ye who are hoping to be joining LSAD after the summer? How did the portfolio go for ye?

Got 513 in mine, really cannot wait to receive my L.C points in August so I can hopefully get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sara.Cherokee

Hi,
    I'm doing a summer portfolio course in LSAD, starting the week after next. Can anybody tell me the best routes on how to get there? I can't find a bus directly to the Clare St. campus, or one from Limerick Junction to the campus?

If anyone could help, that'd be great! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 SmurfOxide

Got 464 in mine so I don't know if I'm gonna get in, especially after paper two english! But I'm hopeful. Congrats on your result. You did really well. Hopefully I'll be seeing you in the new school year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mercodon

Where are you coming from Sara.Cherokee??

Just get a bus to limerick station, its a 15 minute walk to clare street from there. 1 or two taxi rides or a few walks and you'll know how to get there handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I'm starting in LSAD in September. I checked the calender on the LIT website and it says that registration is on the 5th.
    Do you stay around the college that week or do you just turn up for one day to register and go home?

Does anyone know if there's a student handbook or anything? I can't find any info on the LIT website.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You should be getting a package in the post soon I think.

Generally you go up and register and stay around for the week for introductory lectures and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Mars Bar wrote: »
    You should be getting a package in the post soon I think.

Generally you go up and register and stay around for the week for introductory lectures and the like.

Thanks, yeah I was wondering about that because I called Grove Island's office today and they said that people can move into the accommodation from the 7th of September, maybe that was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm only talking from the Moylish Campus experience. Could be different in LSAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niamh oleary

Went on the cao website and saw the points have gone down to 605 for 2013, when they were 830 for applicants this year. I was told by my careers guidance teacher the points would go down a bit but I didn't think by this much. Does anyone know if 605 is right??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

ya i seen that myself! i got accepted though so aint gonna complain! I wonder has it got anything to do with the new system regarding fetac ppl and mature students? Although I will say their website is wrong the actualy points last year were more around the 740 mark. Ive never seen the points on the LSAD website changed haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

Got 435 and just accepted my offer so Ill also be seein ye there! Excited x 10 :D

Advertisement