Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything LSAD in here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SmurfOxide

i got in!! absolutely buzzing to get starting now. move into grove island on the sixth after registration! See you there! :D

i rang up grove island yesterday and they said i could move my stuff in on the sixth after registration. i'm just going to leave my things there though and head back up on the sunday before we start. i'm sure some will stay though. congrats on your place! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ima_goldfish!

The sixth is registration? How did yu find that out,did you get the welcome back thing already? Awh wish I was moving into Grove! Atmosphere is brilliant there

sorry there, meant the fifth! my brain is still fried from that leaving. no i haven't got it yet, just saw it here- http://www.lit.ie/Calendar/default.aspx

Jaysus dont even talk about the feicin Leaving Cert! Gives me chills :P Thankies for the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 niamh oleary

aw that's great hopefully I'm as lucky next year. Oh really, I never heard anything about that system. 740 seems reasonable enough. thanks for the help ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Hurray for fresh meat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iwzinda212

First years of 2012! WOO!

Count down is onnnn! Can't WAIT to move back to Grove. Ye are gonna love love LOVE it! We'll be the ones banging down the ground floor doors getting ye out for house parties. The first weekend is always mental! So be prepared! Have a rake of drink stocked up and there'll be house parties going everywhere. If somebody doesn't knock on your door, don't be shy, just follow the music! No invites are necessary in Grove just walk in to where the party is at.

Welcome to the family you guuuuuys! ;)

Anyone have any questions or worries give me a shout and I'll do my best to help ye out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sadhbhvoc

Starting in September also! CANNOT WAIT! :D i was also wondering is registration a day long or more? :S

i'm moving to Grove too Naomi00 :D i think i'll move my stuff in on the 5th or 6th, stay with my aunt in limerick and then move in on the 7th! :D are you going to stay that weekend?

You usually just go in with your registration receipt and basically queue up and get your photo taken for your student card... Shouldn't take long. Although we registered in the LIT campus so it might be different. Doubt they'll keep ye around for long either way!
    I'd definitely recommend staying up for the first weekend the parties should be unreal! Plus ye'll make a load of friends in your year and by monday morning you'll be sure to know a few people in your class :)

• Advertisement

You usually just go in with your registration receipt and basically queue up and get your photo taken for your student card... Shouldn't take long. Although we registered in the LIT campus so it might be different. Doubt they'll keep ye around for long either way!
    I'd definitely recommend staying up for the first weekend the parties should be unreal! Plus ye'll make a load of friends in your year and by monday morning you'll be sure to know a few people in your class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Welcome all New first years! :D

Ye have me all excited for going back now! Grove is brilliant! you'll love it!! :)

jaysus I'm really excited to start now. Ragging I can't stay up the weekend before we start, but sure here, I'll be down on the Sunday. See ye all then!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FiB3

Actually when I talked to grove island they said u can only move in as early as the 7th, which doesn't rlly make sense since registration is on the 5th but that is genuinely what they told me :/ does anyone know at all if Lsad is at all flexible about when u pay the 2250 euro fee?

iwzinda212 wrote: »
    First years of 2012! WOO!

Count down is onnnn! Can't WAIT to move back to Grove. Ye are gonna love love LOVE it! We'll be the ones banging down the ground floor doors getting ye out for house parties. The first weekend is always mental! So be prepared! Have a rake of drink stocked up and there'll be house parties going everywhere. If somebody doesn't knock on your door, don't be shy, just follow the music! No invites are necessary in Grove just walk in to where the party is at.

Welcome to the family you guuuuuys! ;)

Anyone have any questions or worries give me a shout and I'll do my best to help ye out. :)
    Hi, actually I am a but worried, first of all can u tell me if d administration is at all flexible when it comes to paying d 2250 euro fee on d day of registration? I'm kind of screwed if there not, also instead of being roomed on d ground floor with first years I've been roomed with 2nd years higher up in grove island, do u think that'll make much of a difference to my first week? :p

Sorry administration fee next weeek??? When did you hear about this? Ah here lads this is a joke, ive not gotten any welcome pack or info from LIT at all about this stuff? Has everyone else gotten letters telling them start dates etc etc?

Where are ye getting these dates and fee information from?? registration is next wednesday is it not? and then we start on the tenth? i seen the calender link etc but have ye gotten post from LIT bar the silly post card yoke

Sorry administration fee next weeek??? When did you hear about this? Ah here lads this is a joke, ive not gotten any welcome pack or info from LIT at all about this stuff? Has everyone else gotten letters telling them start dates etc etc?
    I haven't gotten anythng from Lsad but I'm pretty sure you have to pay d fees on registration day in every college unless ur getting a grant, then u can delay paying

I dunno about you new guys, but I know the older years all got mails about when we're back and info on registering online, its probably different for 1st years thou so don't worry about it all, ye'll be clued in when you get there the admin staff are all cool. If yer getting the grant you won't have to pay anyway, just the 75 quid for materials, but it will all be explained to ye I'm sure.

We all got the option to pay the fee (if you aren't eligible for a grant) in two instalments as well, one at the start of the year and the second half around Christmas, so it will probably be the same for ye, but you all really should have been mailed stuff over the summer, I was way back when I was starting anyway, or well I think so :pac:

If you have questions best to email them now, if ye'd rather have all the facts before you show up on registration day.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

FiB3 wrote: »
    instead of being roomed on d ground floor with first years I've been roomed with 2nd years higher up in grove island, do u think that'll make much of a difference to my first week? :p

As long as you just make that effort and put yourself out there to meet first years especially on your first day, you will be good to go. Everyone is in the same boat. No one is scary.
    Get numbers off people that you get on with and meet people when they are.

You will be graaaaand! :)

• Advertisement

FiB3 I wouldn't worry about being put in with 2nd years. You'll probably have more of an advantage than anything else! Seriously though, you'll realise fairly fast that theres not really any divide between the year groups at all. If you throw yourself into it you'll love it. Few naggins be graaaaaand :D

If you hear Foster the People blaring from one of the balconies on Saturday afternoon that'll be from my apartment! :) Feel free to call in for a cuppa and a fag!

I haven't gotten anythng from Lsad but I'm pretty sure you have to pay d fees on registration day in every college unless ur getting a grant, then u can delay paying

Yeah I get ya, but sure half the ppl wont have approved yet by the auld grant people so id say there will be other options too like. I hate all this panic at the start of the year! Fee's, new people, new building...the list goes on! ha

Yeah I get ya, but sure half the ppl wont have approved yet by the auld grant people so id say there will be other options too like. I hate all this panic at the start of the year! Fee's, new people, new building...the list goes on! ha

I think, if you've applied for the grant you will have until the end of October to provide proof that you are getting it, so nothing to worry about for people who have applied, the admin people and tutors are pretty good at chasing you down and letting you know whats required and when anyway, for anyone in a panic, just relax, twill be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MCFistpump

Hey guys I'm going into first year in LSAD and I was just wondering what exactly goes on during Orientation week. Im moving up from Dublin but my debs is on the 12th so I need to come back for that. Honestly I just would like to have some idea of what would happen during the week, to see if theres a way I can come back without missing something essential.

FiB3 wrote: »
    Hi, actually I am a but worried, first of all can u tell me if d administration is at all flexible when it comes to paying d 2250 euro fee on d day of registration? I'm kind of screwed if there not, also instead of being roomed on d ground floor with first years I've been roomed with 2nd years higher up in grove island, do u think that'll make much of a difference to my first week? :p

can i ask how you found out where and who with your living? i'm in grove island too but have no clue other than that and it is really stressing me out!

Where are ye getting these dates and fee information from?? registration is next wednesday is it not? and then we start on the tenth? i seen the calender link etc but have ye gotten post from LIT bar the silly post card yoke

i got mine today, i assume others did too, and registration is next wednesday but you can do it online. the supplies are there too so if you didn't get it yet ask and i'll post it. (just a lot of effort if it isn't needed) nothing of crazy urgency though. of but the materials list is fairly lengthy so will cost a bit i would say.

SmurfOxide wrote: »
    can i ask how you found out where and who with your living? i'm in grove island too but have no clue other than that and it is really stressing me out!

Just give Grove a ring and ask what number apartment your living in and with who. The reception number is 061349083. No need to stress! You're moving into the most chilled out place you can imagine!

Hi, no I got my letter etc today so im happy now haha :)
    Also I dont think you need to buy all the materials now like, I plan to get laregly as I need. I did my port folio myself at home
    anyway so have the majority of the basics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Anyone know? My friend is in the same boat here. Cheers :)

• Advertisement

If you got a material list, don't buy everything, I never used half the crap I got, just buy what sounds like you'll use it :D

Advertisement