Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Tips/Predictions

Options
  • 24-05-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Its just around the corner(hate to say) and am wondering have ye gotten any advice from your teachers or yourselves of any topics that might be coming up in the following;
    Economics
    Accounting
    Business
    Ag. Science

my definates for accounting are cash flow,depreciation,service/club,ratio,flexible,suspence.

other predictions for other subjects are welcome too,these are the 4 subjects that im primarely worried about,especially ag.science..

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

For accounting, I highly doubt that they will ask us a whole question on flexible budgeting. The reason being is that it is too well answered, and they tend to put up questions that are badly answered. However, flexible budgeting and marginal costing could be mixed in Q8.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

It'd actually make my day for Q8 to be Flex w/ Marginal. :D (Bitta time left to hope!)

My predictions none the less!
    Q1: Company Account
    Q2/3/4: ??
    Q5: The usual~
    Q6: Club Account
    Q7: Correction of Errors and Suspense
    Q8: Marginal Costing (possibly with Absorption)
    Q9: Flexible Budgeting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It's possible that Departmental Final Accounts could make their first appearance this year. Each year that goes by means it is more likely to come up, therefore technically this year has a greater chance of getting it than any other previous year, technically.

I'd imagine if departmental did come up, it would be easy as it would be the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

It's possible that Departmental Final Accounts could make their first appearance this year. Each year that goes by means it is more likely to come up, therefore technically this year has a greater chance of getting it than any other previous year, technically.

I'd imagine if departmental did come up, it would be easy as it would be the first year.

Yeah, our accounting teacher only told us about them last week! He says they wont come up, he said there's no point in him teaching them to us, so I'd like to thank Revise Wise for helping me with them :D But I think they might, who knows!

gemxpink wrote: »
    Yeah, our accounting teacher only told us about them last week! He says they wont come up, he said there's no point in him teaching them to us, so I'd like to thank Revise Wise for helping me with them :D But I think they might, who knows!

Well, he's right in a way. I doubt they will come up, but if they do, it would hardly be unfair. If they do come up, we should be all kicking ourselves for not seeing it coming (Accounting has been examined for 12 years!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Whats the reckoning service will be a 60marker and club a 100marker? I can't find a year when both were on the paper, but then again in 1996 Incomplete was on twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Cian92 wrote: »
    Whats the reckoning service will be a 60marker and club a 100marker? I can't find a year when both were on the paper, but then again in 1996 Incomplete was on twice.

i can guarentee you right now that both of those Qs will not come up in the same year,only 1 of the 2 will come up,and im 90% sure that it will be a 100 marker,

also debtors and suspence never come up in the same year as they are both very similar.

this year will be just as predictable as the others.
    out of the 5 or so that are tipped to come up 4 will come up.
    so its just that final question that you must guess!!
    by the way im not doing question 1 so those that are its a lot more straight forward.

Last years budgeting question, which was a mixture of Cash Budgeting and Production Budgeting, is likely again for this year as it was badly answered. It also may be a new 'style' of question that they introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheGooseLicker

Hey Leaving Certs,

It really is important to stay calm and get a good nights sleep in before the exam! If you are relaxed so much stuff will come back to you in exams..

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Everytime I look at this thread I'm hoping there'll be something other than accounting tips :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BarbiePink

aine92 wrote: »
    Everytime I look at this thread I'm hoping there'll be something other than accounting tips :rolleyes: :D

Same :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

Is departmental not for ordinary level only? I'm almost certain that it is.
    I haven't a notion of learning it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MarkDurc

Was just wondering does anyone know if you are deducted marks for the same mistake in Accounting? Take for example Suspense Accounts, if you get a figure wrong in the General Journal its going to be wrong for the Suspense Account, Balance Sheet, etc. Do you still get the marks for the wrong figure, or if its on the wrong side,etc, provided you follow the right principles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 CosmicLove

MarkDurc wrote: »
    Was just wondering does anyone know if you are deducted marks for the same mistake in Accounting? Take for example Suspense Accounts, if you get a figure wrong in the General Journal its going to be wrong for the Suspense Account, Balance Sheet, etc. Do you still get the marks for the wrong figure, or if its on the wrong side,etc, provided you follow the right principles?

As far as I know, you'd lose the marks in the general account but the rest should be fine, I think I remember my teacher saying something about never getting penalised twice for the same error..

I am PRAYING Flexible Budgeting is q9.
    & that debtor & suspense come up.

Did anyone hear anything about marginal being integrated with absorption? :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

CosmicLove wrote: »
    As far as I know, you'd lose the marks in the general account but the rest should be fine, I think I remember my teacher saying something about never getting penalised twice for the same error..

I am PRAYING Flexible Budgeting is q9.
    & that debtor & suspense come up.

Did anyone hear anything about marginal being integrated with absorption? :S

i can tell you now that both debtor and suspense will not or never will come up in the same year,,they have only ever come up the same year in PRES but never the REAL THING and never will due to similarity..

flexible budgeting is a sertain question along with cash flow and of course ratio..

best of luck...

i know no one hardly does ag.science but any tips would be appreciated...:D

Advertisement