If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHILIPS CINEWIDE 1/2 PRICE - 56" LCD 56PFL9954

Options
  • 24-05-2010 6:47pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Yes you did not misread that heading....

I hope to receive a quantity of the M E G A 56" top of the range Philips Cinewide 21:9 LCD - the 56PFL9954h over the next week and we are going to offer them at £1999.95 including a 5 year warranty!

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6335

(that picture just does not do it justice - to be honest - it's the ONLY way to watch a movie on TV..)

Here is a link to the product specs

The 56PFL9954 displays in the correct 21:9 Blu-Ray format - so no more nasty black bars - technically it's at the top of it's game - as it's 200HZ, Perfect Pixel HD Engine, with Perfect Natural Motion, and NET TV to allow you to browse the web openly (you are not just restricted to pre-determined widgets) - it also has DLAN PC network link and is Wi-fi - to top it all it's Ambilight Spectra 3..

I'm not sure yet how many we can get our grubby paws on but if you are interested please pop a post here or drop me a PM and we will do our best to secure stocks.

Thanks as ever guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

So does that mean there's a new (3d) version on the horizon?:o

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Soarer wrote: »
    So does that mean there's a new (3d) version on the horizon?:o

Soarer - you old cynic you!

Yes there is a new model on the horizon - as yet we have not seen any of the specs as I understand that it is still some time away however I understand that it will be LED - not too sure on the 3D issue 'tho :confused:.

As soo as we get firm info we will post,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm surprised I didn't get a call from your solicitor for asking! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm surprised I didn't get a call from your solicitor for asking! ;)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 fcukhu

Ah Jeez, go on, do yourself a favour.....click on the link for the full specs (drool streaming from sides of mouth)......it's PURE GORGEOUS!!!!

I'll be doing the Lotto this week-end.....:D

GLWS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ahh, curses curses curses..........
    John,
    Please stick me down for one of these - on the basis of the following SVP
    Can I get a demo instore of the TV - just to be sure I'm on the right track with what I need - eg DVD compatibility, TV picture etc.....
    Regards
    Gman2k

what does sky hd look like on one of these?

Is standard def sky going to look a bit pixelated at that size eg important channels like rte?

does it have mpeg 4? both that and sky are running at 560 iirc at the moment.
    Really I'd have to see this in store to see :)

gman2k wrote: »
    Ahh, curses curses curses..........
    John,
    Please stick me down for one of these - on the basis of the following SVP
    Can I get a demo instore of the TV - just to be sure I'm on the right track with what I need - eg DVD compatibility, TV picture etc.....
    Regards
    Gman2k

SVP? :confused:

On the Demo front - no problem we have it on display loud and proud on the wall in The Philips Shop - if you would like a demo in the dem room - just give us a few hours notice and we will have it moved specifically for you - if you have any detailed queries - give Ash a shout - it's his baby and he will be able to answer any queries (of you can call me of course)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

SVP? :confused:

John Mc

S-il vous plait? We're very cosmopolitan here, John.

S-il vous plait? We're very cosmopolitan here, John.

Jasus lads - I'm from Walkinstown for god's sake!

J

• Advertisement

Jasus lads - I'm from Walkinstown for god's sake!

J

My language goes French with the prospect of spending 2k on a telly.....

It's either that or a subliminal message about St Vincent de Paul...

(but my French is way better than my Irish - thanks Irish educational system)

Now, back to topic - I'll give Dame St a ring and organise a visit early next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Wow, I did say I could be tempted to upgrade my sitting room tv... :p

Now if only I hadn't gone and bought some gear for the parents! :D

Ok, picked up my new Cinewide TV from Dame St on Monday - big thanks to Ashley, Nicola and Thomas.
    Put the bracket on the wall last night, and put the TV up this morning.....
    I only have an indoor aerial, and it picks up digital signals!
    Picture quality is amazing for TV, can't wait now thill the rest of the system is hooked up!
    I'll post some pictures in few days!

Nice gman. Whats the pic quality like for standard def? What kinda job does it do of stretching the 16:9 to 21:9? Have you seen any 4:3 stretched to 21:9?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Gman2K

Just wait to you run Blu-Ray into it.
    THAT will impress:D
    Lots of new BR films out there to show it off....

ATB
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭vang

Philips sure know how to make good looking tvs. Would love to see these TV's in action, not much chance here in Donegal!

I find the best way to enjoy it is in your own home....
    We can do you a great price and you can experience it first hand in Donegal:D................
    ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Only heard of this TV today, where the 3D version was announced. Spectacular TV. I believe thought that not all DVDs/BDs are released in the 2.39:1 ratio. If that's the case, Hollywood should forget about 3D and concentrate on releasing more 21:9 films.

I find the best way to enjoy it is in your own home....
    We can do you a great price and you can experience it first hand in Donegal:D................
    ash

Ha nice try :D How much is the 56PFL9954 these day anyways?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 knock

Only £1499 here (or £1649 including 5 year warranty) :

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/philips/56pfl9954/phil-56pfl9954

but the price is £1999 in Belfast it seems

Strange!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Knock.

The deal that John has advertise in this thread is for the Philips Shop. This price of £1999.95 was posted before RicherSounds dropped the price.

The price on the RicherSounds.com website has been reduced as an in store only purchase (Belfast) at £1499.95 (Stock Very Limited).
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/philips/56pfl9954/phil-56pfl9954

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

thats a nice tv any chance ye can arrange credit:):)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Tfitzgerald.

Unfortunately here in Belfast we now longer offer credit :(

Not sure about the Philips Shop but I'm sure when Ash reads this thread he will give you his answer.

We are in the same boat, we haven't had a credit scheme for many a year.

Happy to take the usual methods of payment however:)

cheers
    Ash

chris_ie wrote: »
    Nice gman. Whats the pic quality like for standard def? What kinda job does it do of stretching the 16:9 to 21:9? Have you seen any 4:3 stretched to 21:9?! :P
    Picture quality is fab for standard def signals - upscaling DVD going via HDMI is superb, when you are sitting 4m back from screen.
    RTE is available in digital in the SE, and again the picture quality is fantastic.
    As my DVD collection is rather humongous, I won't be 'upgrading' to blu-ray for a very long time - I reckon next evolution in hi-def will be along before then anyway.

Hi Gman

I'm very glad that your enjoying your TV, it is an excellent Home Cinema center piece and I've no doubt your very nice Denon DVD player is adding to your enjoyment of films on it.
    But.....I've got to put my 2 cents worth in here...

You so owe yourself, your enjoyment of films and your TV a Blu-Ray player!
    I have a large(ish) DVD collection which I stopped adding to a year back (apart from the occasionaly TV show) as it's been BR all the way since my first Hi-Def player, a HD-DVD deck :o and now Blu-Ray.

Out of that DVD collection I've only replaced a few of my very favourite films on BR, far too expensive to replace all! But with films like Apocalyse Now and Alien Anthology due for release this year on BR I cant wait to add those to my collection (I also own both of these on Laser Disc - still have the LD player as well, a very sexy Pioneer CLD-D704,:Pmmmm - enjoyed Dolby AC3 whilst eveyone else was watching stereo VHS:D)

went a little off point there....sorry! add a BR player to your TV and you'll love the boost in image quality you get on your TV - it will be night and day better.

just my humble opinion....

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.