Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England v Mexico

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,682 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mexicanwave.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Mexico keeper is a fooking midget, if he was a more normal height he would have saved Johnson's effort

I wouldnt bring Carrick to the WC if I was Capello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i forgot about Huddlestone somehow.

such a better option than Carrick it's untrue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He's fat.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    The Mexico keeper is a fooking midget, if he was a more normal height he would have saved Johnson's effort

Or if he could do this :D

http://choufouni.com/videos/img/higuita_goalkeeper.jpg

If such a piss poor England team can be beating, comfortably, this Mexico side, I can't see Mexico getting out of their group next month

S Africa
    Mexico
    Uruguay
    France

I reckon France and SA will come out of that group. Bit of corruption helping SA of course, and France topping the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt bring Carrick to the WC if I was Capello.

Neither would I. He's a big boy, he should be able to do a no.2 on his own by now.

Neither would I. He's a big boy, he should be able to do a no.2 on his own by now.

D Minus. Must try harder.

who's the regular LB for England because Baines is ****e

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Seriously? :)

Ahem, why it's Ashley Cole!

Portugal result
    Who fancies Portugal in the World Cup? They've had a shocker in a friendly against the team ranked 117th in the world. A home game against Cape Verde - score? 0-0.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Portgual were muck in qualifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Cashley

Seriously? :)

Ahem, why it's Ashley Cole!

even the headshot forgets things

please remember of your own accord, because i'm going to have to use his very unflattering nickname if you don't. and i don't particularly want a banning.

:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Theo was terrible with the ball today, He'll still get on the plane but he's just not improving at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

The last 4 times Blanco has got the ball he's passed it away. So poor, for so much experience.

Johnson to score!!

Johnson to score!!

some turn by him there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lennon is one of those guys thats just so exciting to watch when he goes at a defense, anything could happen, wonderful goal, nice assist and an awful wide is very likely also.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I have seen the last few Mexico games and I hold no hope for them whatsoever, won't get out of their group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A game of two halves, Brian.

Nice to see Glen Johnson score a peach not that it will have come as too much of a shock to Liverpool and Pompey fans. I'd like him to cut in more like that myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I know this isn't the right thread; but htf is it possible that we can't watch the Ireland vs Paraguay game tomorrow on TV???????????? I am mortified!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Missed the game was out doing some work, Well will England win the World Cup on that performance?

Missed the game was out doing some work, Well will England win the World Cup on that performance?
    They already have, the WC is just a formality really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Its a friendly, you can't judge them on that

They already have, the WC is just a formality really.

I thought that was Ireland :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Danny Mills doing the pundit on Setanta I see, always liked him on Newstalk's off the ball, never liked him as a player but better than the likes of Jamie "I love Lampard / Stevie G / JT" Redknapp :D

• Advertisement

Sizzler wrote: »
    Danny Mills doing the pundit on Setanta I see, always liked him on Newstalk's off the ball, never liked him as a player but better than the likes of Jamie "I love Lampard / Stevie G / JT" Redknapp :D

Listen to him on off the ball, he is good all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

If such a piss poor England team can be beating, comfortably, this Mexico side, I can't see Mexico getting out of their group next month

S Africa
    Mexico
    Uruguay
    France

I reckon France and SA will come out of that group. Bit of corruption helping SA of course, and France topping the group.

No way in hell SA qualify no matter how much help they get IMO. With Suarez and Forlan, Uruguay have the firepower to come out of that group and possibly win it, France being no great shakes themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sizzler wrote: »

Redknapp changed his tune about Chelsea players since they sacked him as a youth team coach :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Does that "no surrender to the IRA" chant have any anti-Irish sentiment attached or is it only referring to the guys that bombed mainland Britain (fair do's in that case I suppose)

flahavaj wrote: »
    No way in hell SA qualify no matter how much help they get IMO. With Suarez and Forlan, Uruguay have the firepower to come out of that group and possibly win it, France being no great shakes themselves.

Stop being silly and basing the probable advancement of the hosts on their football ability.

Does that "no surrender to the IRA" chant have any anti-Irish sentiment attached or is it only referring to the guys that bombed mainland Britain (which is fair do's in that case I suppose)

I doubt those that sing such songs think too deeply about the political message involved tbh.

• Advertisement

Stop being silly and basing the probable advancement of the hosts on their football ability.

The hosts have to at least have a certain level of not-so-sh*tness first though.:pac:

The hosts have to at least have a certain level of not-so-sh*tness first though.:pac:

Nope, they don't.

Do you fancy a wager on it? We have a mutual friend who can facilitate.

Nope, they don't.

Des ill take a bit of this action

Des ill take a bit of this action

not offered to you:)

Nope, they don't.

I'm a reluctant gambler at the best of times but a market involving the authorities doing their best to get a mediocre host nation into the knock out stages brings a words "wouldn't touch" and "bargepole" to mind.;)

• Advertisement

not offered to you:)

bollix

so unfair

I feel so special. Gowan I'll throw a fiver on it, make the Summer a bit of craic.:pac:

I'm a reluctant gambler at the best of times but a market involving the authorities doing their best to get a mediocre host nation into the knock out stages brings a words "wouldn't touch" and "bargepole" to mind.;)

Which is fair enough.

I'm not, and never have stated, that I'm basing my opinion that SA will come out of the group on football based reasons.

Who else comes out of the group will be the thing. I think France, but it could be Uruguay as pointed out by your good self.

Based on what I saw of Mexico this evening it won't be them, but then again, it could have been an experimental side, like England's was. I'm no expert on Mexican football. :)

I feel so special. Gowan I'll throw a fiver on it, make the Summer a bit of craic.:pac:
    s_handshake3.jpg

Done

Also, if you lose, you have to leave the forum for ever. :pac:

s_handshake3.jpg

Done

Whats the bet now just to nail it down. My fiver says SA fail to make to the knockout stages?

Whats the bet now just to nail it down. My fiver says SA fail to make to the group stages?

Yeah, my fiver says that South Africa make the last 16.

Doesn't matter if they come first or second in the group.

flah you should of gone higher than that

SA are ****ing useless, confederation cup proved that and their recent friendlies have been a shambles

Yeah, my fiver says that South Africa make the last 16.

Doesn't matter if they come first or second in the group.

simpsons_handshake.jpg

SA are ****ing useless, confederation cup proved that and their recent friendlies have been a shambles

I may not have agreed to a higher amount though ;)

Meh, its more the banter than the money that drives me to such things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement