Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where should I order my parts from in June?

Options
  • 24-05-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I was originally going to order from Komplett, but they are in a right mess at the moment.

Currently I've been thinking of Pixmania, but I have also noticed hardwareversand.de, how good are they? Or are there any other sites I should consider?

PS: I have tried Elara, but they don't have the parts I want.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

HardwareVersand was only €20 cheaper for the entire build, somehow, so I won't use them as the extra €20 is worth getting everything in english.

I'll try overclockers now.

Overclockers is more, it seems, at 1,115 instead of 1,070 at Pixmania.

Any other places I should be aware of, that are English or Irish owned?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

eBuyer?

Solitaire wrote: »
    eBuyer?

I shall check them out now and report back with the price, not including shipping.

BTW, can you get an OEM version of Windows 7 Professional at a Brick and Mortar shop?

• Advertisement

Ok, after converting the price on a few components, eBuyer seems the same price as Pixmania.

I wish Komplett was back on it's feet, I would love to order from them, have had wonderful times ordering with my two previous orders from them.

BTW, can you get an OEM version of Windows 7 Professional at a Brick and Mortar shop?

Pretty sure you can't, and they'd even overcharge you for a retail or upgrade package anyway! :o

Pretty sure you can't, and they'd even overcharge you for a retail or upgrade package anyway! :o

Hmm, thanks.
    Anywhere you can reccomend to get an OEM version from? Pixmania don't have any.

Usual places are Komplett, Elara and HWVS (English versions). I think eBuyer and Dabs may have them too.

Usual places are Komplett, Elara and HWVS (English versions). I think eBuyer and Dabs may have them too.

Would I be better off paying the extra for a retail version? So as I can upgrade without hassle and not have to deal with any of the downsides of OEM?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GGspeedz

Ok, after converting the price on a few components, eBuyer seems the same price as Pixmania.

I wish Komplett was back on it's feet, I would love to order from them, have had wonderful times ordering with my two previous orders from them.

whats up with komplett!? i dont see anything on their website...

its just im planning on ordering off them soon 0o

o btw i find dabs.ie decent enough..

GGspeedz wrote: »
    whats up with komplett!? i dont see anything on their website...

its just im planning on ordering off them soon 0o

o btw i find dabs.ie decent enough..

Read here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242

BTW, My parents and I seem to think it'd be a better idea to shell out for the Retail insted of OEM, it's only up to 60 more and there's far less hassle, maybe on another build I'll go OEM instead of Retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

BTW, My parents and I seem to think it'd be a better idea to shell out for the Retail insted of OEM, it's only up to 60 more and there's far less hassle, maybe on another build I'll go OEM instead of Retail.
    If you always build your own pc it's worth having the full version. You will probably want to be able to get a new motherboard at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Elara.ie, Memoryc.com, if I have to go further abroad i use Ebuyer.com, Scan.co.uk, Overclockers.co.uk or Ebay!

ScumLord wrote: »
    If you always build your own pc it's worth having the full version. You will probably want to be able to get a new motherboard at some stage.

Thanks, looks like I'll get the Retail version, but for a build for a friend, because he's not upgrading, I'll get the OEM version.

Anyone else have any opinions on this? Or where to get a European Retail version of Windows 7 for less than €200?

Advertisement