Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Can´t change channel on Cisco EPC2425

Options
  • 24-05-2010 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I´m a new user on the UPC broadband network and noticed droppings in the connection. There are a lot of UPCXXXXXX users in my neighbourhood on the same channel, so I tried to change the channel on my router. I log into the router and go to Setup-Wireless-Basic, but the channel nr is fixed! Is there a workaround?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

unfortuneatly the cisco router u and most of us have is FAIL........ cisco need to hire a monkey from the congalese jungle in africa to write a better piece of firmware for it cos the monkey could probably do a better job than the over paid moron cisco employs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eheijns

Damn, and I thought Cisco were like the Mercedes´s of routers! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

unfortuneatly the cisco router u and most of us have is FAIL........ cisco need to hire a monkey from the congalese jungle in africa to write a better piece of firmware for it cos the monkey could probably do a better job than the over paid moron cisco employs.

Harsh words indeed. There is nothing wrong with cisco IOS. Problem here is that IOS running on this router is crippled and closed off. Config / firmware we have is setup and implemented by UPC and its heavily crippled and closed , nice features are disabled .. so the problem is UPC’s custom made “one size fits all” firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Harsh words indeed. There is nothing wrong with cisco IOS. Problem here is that IOS running on this router is crippled and closed off. Config / firmware we have is setup and implemented by UPC and its heavily crippled and closed , nice features are disabled .. so the problem is UPC’s custom made “one size fits all” firmware.

You do realise that UPC got Cisco to programe the router right.:rolleyes:
    Yes UPC would have told them what to do, but Cisco would have been the ones to do it.

OP, I don't have the router myself, but from all the threads on the matter here, I've never seen anyone say that they can't change the channels, and a good few who have mentioned changing the channels.
    It's not, one of the multiple, issues that the modem seems to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 crazypole

Did you manage to get into advanced settings (tab to the right) ? It asks for another user/pass and I have no idea what to put there.

The fact that channel/mode changing is locked is a shame but I doubt that Cisco had much to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

You can change channels just fine. Go to Setup -> Wireless -> Basic and change "New Channel" from auto to the channel number you want to switch to. As simple as that.

Oh and BTW, that the device is branded "Cisco" is just a coincidence. It is a Scientific Atlanta modem, but Cisco bought the company and rebranded the device. The operating system installed on the modem has absolutely nothing in common with Cisco IOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

You can change the channel and Blaz has provided the correct info above. There is lots you can do with this router in the advanced tab however there are other things you can't do like change the transmission frequency. Does anyone know the password to unlock the tabs that UPC admins would have so the other functions are accessible?

Advertisement