Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Look KG361 Carbon stolen

• 24-05-2010 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

My black, full carbon Look KG361 was stolen from Trinity College over the weekend. Ultegra/Mavic silver wheels. Slight scratch in the paint on front left fork. Some scuffing on the stem. They managed to get through my Oxford lock.

Reward offered for any info. Gardai in Pearse Street say they deal with several such thefts from the college every week...

Raging!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

they deal with several such thefts from the college every week.

Holy ****, that's a serious amount of theft. But obviously not important enough for them to act on.

I hope you get your bike back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Marvinthefish

That's really bad news. Sorry to hear it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

My black, full carbon Look KG361 was stolen from Trinity College over the weekend. Ultegra/Mavic silver wheels. Slight scratch in the paint on front left fork. Some scuffing on the stem. They managed to get through my Oxford lock.

Reward offered for any info. Gardai in Pearse Street say they deal with several such thefts from the college every week...

Raging!!!

My condolences Dublinguy, but seriously, a bike of this value I would not use as a commuter or leave locked up somewhere for it to be a theft risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Gardai in Pearse Street say they deal with several such thefts from the college every week...
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    Holy ****, that's a serious amount of theft. But obviously not important enough for them to act on.

Really sorry to hear about your loss OP.

Don't mean to highjack your thread - but really you'd think that TCD and other colleges should provide more in the way of secure bicycle parking. And have their campus security more vigilant too. Bike theft seems to be rife in most colleges across the country. Maybe something to get the students union to look into... Shouldn't just be up to the gardaí after the fact in these situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

JonJoeDali wrote: »

No Way :O:O:O:O jaysus it would be nice if it was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

What are the chances this is the same one though?

Thanks for the heads up but the adverts photo is a bit blurry to be conclusive.

Don't get me wrong here, I hope the thief gets caught :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Steve wrote: »

Slim chance but slim is still something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

I know a stolen bike when I see one. I know dublinguy2004 is going down to the Gardai this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    I have sent michael a pm, if he doesné get back to me today you're next in line

doesné :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Micheal02MH

Got that frame last night. Dublin guy 2004 if you want to check if it is yours send me a PM and I'll check it out and see. there is nothing left of it really only frame, no headset, Handlebars etc and back derailers is snaped/broken

PM me ASAP- don't want no stolen bike if is yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Got that frame last night. Dublin guy 2004 if you want to check if it is yours send me a PM and I'll check it out and see. there is nothing left of it really only frame, no headset, Handlebars etc and back derailers is snaped/broken

PM me ASAP- don't want no stolen bike if is yours.
    He can't pm you - he got banned from boards back in June. JonJoeDali seems to know him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Micheal02MH

He can't pm you - he got banned from boards back in June. JonJoeDali seems to know him though.

Fair enough- JonJoeDali do you know Dublinguy? if you do send me a PM with his email/mobile- I'll contact him to double check. If its not his I have a bit of work to do on the frame.

Advertisement