Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware when getting NAC from Vodafone Website.

Options
  • 24-05-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

I have been with Vodafone since I worked for Eircell!!! (about 9 years)

The last few phones I had were pay as you go and I want to give the latest one I had to a friend so I went onto the Vodafone website to unlock it. They have a really easy to use app on the website where you just choose your phone and click unlock.

There are 3 phone ans IMEI on my NAC page. These are the last 3 phones I have had, I would have given the IMEI's to Vodafone each timeI upgraded and got the extra credit.

I knew I would have no problem getting the code as the phone I wanted the code for was bought and registered in 2008.

I clicked on the 1st phone option and clicked the option to have the code e-mailed. After I entered the sec. code, the screen froze, when I refreshed, I had a NAC code, but it was for an older, now lost, phone(from 2005).

I then tried again and it told me I had to top up with 144 euro to get the code. I called Vodafone, found out you can only have 1 NAC code per 6month period. Also If I want the NAC code for the 2008 phone I will have to top up with 277 euro in the next 6 months.

So be careful when using this service. Make sure you have selected the correct IMEI and if it freezes don't refresh.

I am really p1ssed about this as the phones I want to unlock are so old so as of 6pm I'm on three!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

Good stuff. Vote with your feet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

That doesn't quite make sense. I would call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You could also ask on the vodafone forum also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No way round it apparently, I gave unlocked one phone, can't do another until I have spent 127 euro ont he account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No way round it apparently, I gave unlocked one phone, can't do another until I have spent 127 euro ont he account.

Seems quite harsh, dont remember hearing about only one per 6 months before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This is the reply I got to the query above.

Too late to bend the rules now.........

Just thinking...... I had 3 ready to go phones in 8 years, at about 15 euro top up per month thats: €1440, I don't grovel, I just move.

Dear Mxxxxxxxxxx

Further to your correspondence dated 22/05/2010, requesting your
    Vodafone Network Assignment Code, your handset (on mobile number
    <snip>) currently operates on the Vodafone network only, as
    stated in the Ready to Go Terms and Conditions.

In order to receive the Network Assignment Code (NAC), you must have
    Topped Up to the value of €127.00 (not including the initial call
    credit in your Ready to Go pack). For a second Network Assignment
    Code request for this mobile number you would have had Topped Up to
    the value of €254.

Our records show that you have Topped Up by €140. In order to receive
    your Network Assignment Code, you will need to Top Up by a further
    €114.

If you require further assistance please call us at CallSave 1 850 20
    87 87 between the hours of 08:00hrs to 22:00hrs.

Yours Sincerely

For information on self service options and on Vodafone's Products
    and Services visit our website at http://www.vodafone.ie

Original Message
    Sent: 22/05/2010 21:53:38
    To: care@vodafone.ie
    Subject: Other: NAC code

I registered my k800i on this website in Nov 2008. I now need the NAC
    code for it but the nac system says it hasn't been toped up with €114
    yet. Please supply the NAC code for this phone: 359088xxx398011.
    Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Usually I'd agree:everything is Vodafone's fault;everything. But why didn't you check the IMEI? IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT. Otherwise, why not just enter any random code? who knows? Might just work. Seriously though, I don't see how much clearer they could make that NAC page? Having said that:they are good at sending out the wrong instructions for entering the codes. Now there's a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would simply avoid vodafone. Their website is buggy as hell. I went to 3 which is vodafone coverage at half the price.

Advertisement