Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many EPL matches will Tring show?

• 24-05-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Heard a few rumours that they may show up to 3 on a Saturday. Anyone got any confirmed details? They a have the rights for the next few years anyway

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Haven't seen much in the line of confirmed details.

Would also be concerned whether or not they'll use a weak transponder at 16E for their sport channels. I'd be near certain that the viewing cards will be paired with specific receivers though I'd hope not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

byte wrote: »
    Haven't seen much in the line of confirmed details.

Would also be concerned whether or not they'll use a weak transponder at 16E for their sport channels. I'd be near certain that the viewing cards will be paired with specific receivers though I'd hope not.

Thought they were paired already....

Would be nice if they were not but all the same if they have all matches for three years and you need a receiver and a larger dish its probably worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

my source tells me no english commentry on tring for epl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

bassy wrote: »
    my source tells me no english commentry on tring for epl
    An idea on the price or if the card will be box paired?

azzeretti wrote: »

12 month card on ebay now for 225. The EPL may be an add on though so i'd hold off for the min.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

will find out for you,i never asked because as soon as he said no eng comm i had no interest.better packages out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I would be interested in tring, got my fingers burnt with that other cowboy Albanian setup, Digitalb! At the moment, Cyfra+ is at the top of my shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

There are a lot of people reporting that they have made direct contact with Tring and they have been assured that a)The price will not be increased since the EPL was added and b)They will broadcast every EPL game live.

Sounds good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hope that's true, azzeretti. All games live would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

There are a lot of people reporting that they have made direct contact with Tring and they have been assured that a)The price will not be increased since the EPL was added and b)They will broadcast every EPL game live.

Sounds good so far.

Not a hope they will have all 380 games. If Digitalb had only a third of the games then I cant see Tring fairing much better. With no english commentary this package aint as good as Digitalb was in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Tring have bought up more space on Eutelsat W2 according to a few reports i have seen. That indicates more channels or HD versions of existing ones

Advertisement