Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Beers - Where

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

As a result of this thread I thought I'd see if a general consensus can be reached on where to have the Rock & Metal Forum Beers.

As I'm from Galway and work in Cork either of those locations would suit me perfectly and I would volunteer to hunt out a suitable venue for attendees (unless someone else wants to do it of course ;)).

I've just added the bigger Irish cities to the poll as I'd imagine that's where the majority of posters are living.

So get voting and posting and let's see if we can't get this thing off the ground.

Where should the Rock & Metal Forum Beers Be Held? 49 votes

Galway
    0%
    Cork
    12%
    Karl HungusNevynMaliceGrizzlyMan[Deleted User]Dude111 6 votes
    Dublin
    8%
    MaliceJako8Knifey SpoonyCrosswalk 4 votes
    Limerick
    79%
    Karl HunguscournioniNevynMickeyDhonrurainbow kirbyPyr0ZombienoshGross HalfwitNailzSomnusGLaDOSMushylord lucanA Primal Nutdamonjewelo1s1nplug-in-babyCatari Jaguarchin_grin 39 votes
    Somewhere Else
    0%

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Limerick
    Dublin pls

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Limerick
    Dublin.

NOT Fibber's (the new armpit of Dublin since Eamon Doran's closed its doors).

Bruxelles is my vote if it's in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Limerick
    Dublin ftw.

But i live there so obviously biased!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Limerick
    It'd have to be Dublin of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Dublin
    Cork please! Although, realistically, it'll probably end up being in Dublin. Ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Dublin
    All down to Freds in Cork:p. Couldn't be arsed travelling half the lenght of the country for a couple of beers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Limerick
    If it's easier for enough to go to Cork/Galway, some could meet up in some pub in one of those too. There's a decent enough possibility of a few boardies meeting there, and having a chat and a few drinks, without having to traverse the entire country.

Dublin seems to have a fair bit of support anyway, so it seems likely that'd be a spot for a few of us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Dublin
    I thought there were a few more Galway-based Boardsies on here? Where's Karl Hungus?

Unsurprisingly Dublin is proving to be the most popular choice. Maybe myself, Crosswalk and Knifey Spoony will just have to have our own night down here in Cork ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Dublin
    Malice_ wrote: »
    I thought there were a few more Galway-based Boardsies on here? Where's Karl Hungus?

Unsurprisingly Dublin is proving to be the most popular choice. Maybe myself, Crosswalk and Knifey Spoony will just have to have our own night down here in Cork ;)

I'm sure that there might be some more boardies from Cork up for this. C'mon people!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Limerick
    Theres gonna have to be some different ones around the country. LEt people in their cities/town organise their own.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Limerick
    Mushy wrote: »
    Theres gonna have to be some different ones around the country. LEt people in their cities/town organise their own.
    Live webcam link up yeah? :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Limerick
    Dublin +1

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Dublin
    Mushy wrote: »

+1

If there's one in Cork, Freds would be the best venue anyway. We'd have to get in there early to avoid being stuck in the seats beside the toilet though. Worst.Seats.EVER! Still, if it was Fibber Magees you'd have to go halfway down O' Connell Street to avoid that unholy smell. :pac:

And nil points for Limerick? I thought there'd be a few around here from that neck of the woods!

Dublin
    I don't suppose those people that voted for somewhere else would like to elaborate on where else they'd like to have it? chin_grin and Pyr0, I'm looking at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

Limerick
    PyrOs well just trying to be awkward! :P

Limerick
    If we are having a dublin one (which it looks most likely it seems) can I nominate the new fibbers - on the quays - the €9 pitchers and noticeable lack of urine smell are all points to consider! (Brux is still waaay overpriced IMO)

Limerick
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    If we are having a dublin one (which it looks most likely it seems) can I nominate the new fibbers - on the quays - the €9 pitchers and noticeable lack of urine smell are all points to consider! (Brux is still waaay overpriced IMO)

Could work with that but I heard they only let over 21s in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Limerick

A HUGE +1 to that. Great little spot and way better than Bruxelles. Plus i don't have to walk up a stairs to go for a smoke!:pac:

Limerick
    Could work with that but I heard they only let over 21s in?
    As discussed in a thread here a while back - they only enforce that rule if you arrive dressed like scumbags in trainers and tracksuits. Ive never had any problems getting in, neither does the OH (who gets asked for ID everywhere).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Limerick
    +1 there on the new fibbers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Limerick
    I don't suppose those people that voted for somewhere else would like to elaborate on where else they'd like to have it? chin_grin and Pyr0, I'm looking at you!

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuffffffffffff. Means I have to give my two? Ah well.....Suppose New Fibbers on the Quays would suffice. (Do they do the pitchers of Mad Dog? Addicted to that stuff......Or maybe it's just alcohol in general....Hmm, best sort out my own intervention!)

EDIT: Waidaminit! I'm pretty sure I clicked "Dublin". Hmm. Must've been drunk. So Dublin is my actual vote and not Somewhere Else like my drunken alter ego clicked. So, that clears that up then. <hic>

Limerick
    As discussed in a thread here a while back - they only enforce that rule if you arrive dressed like scumbags in trainers and tracksuits. Ive never had any problems getting in, neither does the OH (who gets asked for ID everywhere).

Grand so! Thanks for clearing that one up. +1 on the new Fibbers then! :D

Limerick
    So this looks like a viable option. (Fibbers Rock Bar).

I'm looking forward to this, Ive never been arsed going to a forum meetup before - I think I post here enough to justify going to this one though :P

Is this actually going to happen then? Perhaps we could settle on a time and date and go from there?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Limerick
    I don't post nearly enough to justify my attendance... doesn't mean I won't be there though!

Limerick
    Will nametags be required to avoid confusion? ;)

Dublin
    chin_grin wrote: »
    Waidaminit! I'm pretty sure I clicked "Dublin". Hmm. Must've been drunk. So Dublin is my actual vote and not Somewhere Else like my drunken alter ego clicked. So, that clears that up then. <hic>
    It's a multiple choice poll. If you click on the numbers you can see who voted for what. You voted for both Dublin and somewhere else :).
    Will nametags be required to avoid confusion? ;)
    Assuming most people on this forum don't know each other in real life the nametags might be useful. I have a tendency of forgetting people's names as soon as I'm introduced especially if there's alcohol involved :).

Maybe I'll pretend I'm Max Power1 to confuse people ;).

Limerick
    Maybe I'll pretend I'm Max Power1 to confuse people ;).

The old "username switcherooney" eh? Wheres my Facekicker nametag then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dublin. Fibbers on the quays. Do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Limerick
    Dublin - Bruxelles.
    They're pretty much on par now price-wise. Bruxelles has a DJ, which is a major advantage. The toilets in new Fibbers are a disgrace. Well, the ladies ones are anyway.
    lord lucan wrote: »
    A HUGE +1 to that. Great little spot and way better than Bruxelles. Plus i don't have to walk up a stairs to go for a smoke!:pac:
    True, you don't have to go upstairs for a smoke. However, you have to go outside and you can't bring your drink with you. That's a major pain in the hole! At least in Bruxelles you can take your drink with you to the smoking area.

As for name-tags, it's a good idea. But I think most of us would feel like a pleb wearing a name-tag...:o.

I'd also like to nominate Valhalla. :D

• Advertisement

Limerick
    Dublin - Bruxelles.

They're pretty much on par now price-wise. Bruxelles has a DJ, which is a major advantage. The toilets in new Fibbers are a disgrace. Well, the ladies ones are anyway.

True, you don't have to go upstairs for a smoke. However, you have to go outside and you can't bring your drink with you. That's a major pain in the hole! At least in Bruxelles you can take your drink with you to the smoking area.

As for name-tags, it's a good idea. But I think most of us would feel like a pleb wearing a name-tag...:o.

I'd also like to nominate Valhalla. :D
    Because the jacks in brux are really top notch lol :rolleyes:

Also, new fibbers has a DJ, there was one last night for a start!

New fibbers is waaay cheaper than Brux. The pitchers for €9, shots are cheaper, whereas most pints in brux are north of a fiver. Valhalla has an entry charge though.

TLDR?? New Fibbers - DO IT!

Advertisement