Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Beers - When

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

As a result of this thread I thought I'd see if a general consensus can be reached on when to have the Rock & Metal Forum Beers.

As I'm from Galway and work in Cork either of those locations would suit me perfectly and I would volunteer to hunt out a suitable venue for attendees (unless someone else wants to do it of course ;)).

I'm not exactly sure how we'll arrive at a date so for now I've just thrown up months.

So get voting and posting and let's see if we can't get this thing off the ground.

When Should the Rock & Metal Forum Beers Be Held? 49 votes

June 2010
    0%
    July 2010
    44%
    cournionihonruMaliceSomnusGLaDOSMushylord lucanA Primal Nutplug-in-babyCatari JaguarscudzillaThat_GuyPanthrojenizzleDazMarzMax Power1candy-gal1AlmostFamousbazmaidenCrosswalk 22 votes
    August 2010
    36%
    Karl HungusSomnusGLaDOSMushyplug-in-babyscudzillaOtis DriftwoodjenizzleFunkZFago!TwilightningDazMarzJako8docdolittleMax Power1waltersobchakbazmaidenAngron 18 votes
    Some other time
    18%
    SomnusGLaDOSdamonjewelscudzillaDazMarzride-the-spiralJako8Max Power1GrizzlyMan 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

July 2010
    I've voted for June just in the interest of getting something together sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

August 2010
    Voted July cause I'll be doing the leaving during June. Wouldn't be opposed to a late June one though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

July 2010
    June. No point in hanging about imo.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

August 2010
    July as I'm doing the leaving (again :p). Might be able to do it at the end of June though. I'd think it'd be good craic if we met up for beers after the Big Four cinema event on June 22nd. Maybe a few of us could even go together :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Some other time
    Voted August as I'll actually be 18 then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

August 2010
    June or July but really doesn't make a difference sure it would be great craic anyway

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Some other time
    Always got the impression you were older :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

August 2010
    June seemed as good a time as any:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Some other time
    I voted all 3!

July 2010
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    I voted all 3!

3 Sessions,i like your style.:cool:

• Advertisement

July 2010
    If we have it before then you can wait outside in the car park. Someone will periodically bring you bags of crisps and bottles of club orange ;).

Some other time
    Seing as June seems to be the leading option, hows the date of June 18th for everyone?

Its a friday, the same week as the megadeth concert, and, as an added bonus, the same day as my driving test - I was planning on some celebratory/commisory drinking in new fibbers anyway, might aswell kill two birds with one stone!

Any takers?

July 2010
    Seing as June seems to be the leading option, hows the date of June 18th for everyone?

Its a friday, the same week as the megadeth concert, and, as an added bonus, the same day as my driving test - I was planning on some celebratory/commisory drinking in new fibbers anyway, might aswell kill two birds with one stone!

Any takers?

Think i can make that alright so it's good with me.:)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Some other time
    I'd rather avoid a Friday myself if possible, but if people want it it's cool

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

August 2010
    Its an any day but Friday from me too, cause i have to work at 7.30 on a Saturday morning:(:(

Some other time
    Well the nights I can go are wednesday thursday or friday..

Any other thoughts/options/opinions

July 2010
    Saturday would be best for me if I've to drive to bloody Dublin. I'd imagine Friday evening traffic would be far worse than Saturday morning/afternoon traffic.

Some other time
    Malice_ wrote: »
    Saturday would be best for me if I've to drive to bloody Dublin. I'd imagine Friday evening traffic would be far worse than Saturday morning/afternoon traffic.
    chin up there malice, it is a night out after all :P

Maybe another poll for day of the week is in order?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Some other time
    Any times good for me, how about July 30th, Friday afternoon before Maiden

Some other time
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Any times good for me, how about July 30th, Friday afternoon before Maiden
    yep suits me too... by afternoon you mean night yea :P

edit: thats a payday for me so suits perfectly actually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

July 2010
    Savage! +1 here :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

August 2010

Any takers?
    Not a good night for me, I'm finishing up my exams, so I may well go drinking with a couple of friends locally. Any days after that wouldn't be too bad for me, I can easily get a train up. The July one works for me, I'm pretty sure I'd have nothing on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

August 2010
    I know I said June in the poll, but any time suits me. Tis all good!

Some other time
    Seems there was an initial burst of interest and then nothing further said!

Lets have someone (a mod) set a couple of specific dates and we can vote when its on. I think we've settled on the new fibbers as the venue.

Also - I will be getting a customised Max Power tshirt made for this.... if it eventually happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

August 2010
    I just hope it's not from July 19th to the 26th, I'll be in Scotland then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

August 2010
    probably should have organised something for last night, i'm sure there were plently of us in either fibbers or bruxelles!

July 2010
    Seems there was an initial burst of interest and then nothing further said!

Lets have someone (a mod) set a couple of specific dates and we can vote when its on. I think we've settled on the new fibbers as the venue.

Also - I will be getting a customised Max Power tshirt made for this.... if it eventually happens
    I've a new thread put up here to pick a date so get voting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement