Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options
  • 24-05-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

For fear of moving the BFBC2 thread off topic, I've opened us up a general thread for discussing all the games that we are playing...

Like Red Dead Redemption, which you all seem to be stuck into at the moment, except for Garv and I :(

So, the general feedback seems to be that the single player game is excellent and lasts 16-25 hours. That's all well and good and certainly worth renting it out for. However, my concern is that it's multiplayer games that I tend to buy. I've over 200 hours clocked in on BFBC2 and over 1000 on Far Cry 2, so I reckon that's great value for money!

How good is the multiplayer?
    Does it have lasting appeal like BFBC2 (squad based) or Far Cry 2 (user generated maps)?
    How do you feel about the control and movement? Is it fluid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

do you have mw2 thats fun or id suggest just cause 2 great game

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

The single player is fantastic. Excellent story,graphics and game mechanics. Can't say too much about MP as there are connectivity issues which are preventing me from joining games. Good fun for the limited time I have been on though. IRL posse anyone?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

nanook5 wrote: »
    do you have mw2 thats fun or id suggest just cause 2 great game

Consider MW2 completely over-rated, although I played it to death until BFBC2 came out. Haven't played Just Cause 2, for some reason it just didn't appeal to me.

Looking forward to Ghost Recon - Future Warrior later in the year, not so much Reach. Was very disappointed with the beta, just the same old Halo multiplayer. If you loved it before you'll love it again, just not for me.

Breach looks very interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Red Dead Redemption is great.....Well worth it, we should get an IRL RDR Posse together, Squads are a thing of the past for the moment anyways.

It was a bit distracting last night with all the BFBC2 invites popping up....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

It was a bit distracting last night with all the BFBC2 invites popping up....[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout that blame me

• Advertisement

Sorry bout that blame me

Only messing....pretending to be offline sorted ye out!!!

/Shakes Fist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Looking forward to Ghost Recon - Future Warrior later in the year, not so much Reach.

I cant wait for it , i played graw and graw 2 to death :p

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Only messing....pretending to be offline sorted ye out!!!

/Shakes Fist

THE CHEEK OF YA!!!!

We'll remember this when you realise the multiplayer is completely broken and come crawling back to BFBC2 when bored of hunting cheetahs ;)

THE CHEEK OF YA!!!!

We'll remember this when you realise the multiplayer is completely broken and come crawling back to BFBC2 when bored of hunting cheetahs ;)

Theres Cheetahs???

Theres Cheetahs???

Yes there is.

First you gotta be at least 45 per cent done in the game. There is a hidden path in the mountains and a little chinese man has a cheetah and an elephant i think he's trying to get to the man who sells the tonic so you kill him kill the cheetah and the elephant and get loads of money.

• Advertisement

Hmmmmm....we'll see....

Try any more multiplayer yet cableguy?

Try any more multiplayer yet cableguy?

Na. Just that time. I only paid the main game a bit and then straight into multiplayer and it showed. The only thing i didn't like about the multiplayer is everybody picking on the new guy. But got up a few levels before i joined you just to see what it was like And i was made short work of by you and all those other guys. But thanks for the tips later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I only played multiplayer in RDR as a private match with the bro, but it was good fun shooting his donkey from under him on a bridge and watching him fall and drown..

Its tough to get the time to play all these games.. a lot of my friends have gotten back into Forza so I'm torn between that, BC2, Fifa and now RDR!

Anyway everybody will be back to bc2 for the onslaught.

Anyway everybody will be back to bc2 for the onslaught.

Heard on the xbox fancast last night that they're going to charge for it €10-€15 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Theres Cheetahs???

Their actually Cougars. I was trotting along last night on my trusty auld mule and got mauled by 2 Cougars.

Am having serious problems with the multi player since I got the game yesterday. The biggest problem is I was in free roam for about 10 minutes when I first got the game, so I got a taste for how good it is. So now, not getting into free roam is just worse :mad:

Hopefully it will be sorted soon enough and we can get an Irish posse together and go linch a few americans in free roam, yee har!

Heard on the xbox fancast last night that they're going to charge for it €10-€15 :(

15...fup that!!! There had better be a trial mode of it!!!

@Royal
    I saw the cougars alrite, got me two of them already...

The bears aint gonna be pleasant!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Played a good bit of the red multi last night, really enjoyed it and the shootouts and fist fights to cover the loading screens are class. Repeater pistol is definitely overpowered though, too accurate with a crazy rate of fire. havent tried free roam too much - when i logged in to it just kept getting spawn killed so switched to the matches instead. but if theres an IRL posse forming up count me in (im a cheevo wh*** and proud of it:) )

Played a bit more of the Free roam multi player red dead last night. Kev joined and he was being picked on by someone and I arrived there and he started shooting me. Dunworth joined as well about the same time but he was a good bit away. We started a posse and just went about exploring for a bit. We started a gold rush match and it turned out to be me and Kev verus Dunworth. After that we started a gang vs gang match which was fun. Later on we had a few knife fights and killed each others horses. Kev went off exploring and myself and Dunworth just randoming killed people to see how long we could survive with a bounty on our heads.
    Later some random idiot deciede he didn't like Dunworth and started shooting him so we killed him till he left the session.

Not liking the load times between areas/matches seems long.

I am only just starting the multiplayer so what do people think i should focus on to bring my levels up a bit.

I am only just starting the multiplayer so what do people think i should focus on to bring my levels up a bit.

I only played the online for a few hours, I only played in the Free For All games, loving them though, level 13 at the moment.

Didn't really like the free roam, you need a posse to go and take all the gang hideouts.

Some lad was picking on me too in a free roam, Irish Donkey or something his name was. Was in a group and was attacking a gang hideout, and he'd shoot me in the back each time, so started killing him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

i gave multiplayer a go last night, i really wasnt won over by it. The free roam is a great idea but unless you have a posse there isnt really much point in going it alone, i also played free for all. Found it extremly difficult at first but kinda got into the swing of things after one or two games. probably like most multiplayer games, practice makes perfect. Still havent finished the single player game so i am continuing on with that for the most part.

If anyone is still up for a few games of BC2 i dont mind jumping in for a while, pistol matches are just too much fun to pass up!

If anyone is still up for a few games of BC2 i dont mind jumping in for a while, pistol matches are just too much fun to pass up!

Myself and Garv were playing last night. But there was nobody else on and i didn't want to send any invites. Then Zemil joined played and left so when Garv left I played Red Dead.

Oh I have the Kill a rockstar achievement. And i think Kev and Dunwoth should have it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

was lucky enough to pick up the rockstar achievement with my first kill in multi and ive died enough times to pass it around :o

Cableguy the best way to level up on free roam is doing gang hide outs. Your best doing them on your own cause you will get more XP.

I was playing it until 6am thismorning doing gang hide outs with some yank. Yee har!!!

Must do a bit of free roam today so.

Where are the gang hideouts, are they visible on the map? Can they be done in single player and multiplayer?
    JD1763 wrote: »
    was lucky enough to pick up the rockstar achievement with my first kill in multi and ive died enough times to pass it around :o

Got that with my first kill too!!! Its getting around fast!

The first gang hide out I done I just stumbled upon it. The other ones I was just following some american guy sniping him from the hills then he started doing the hide outs and we called a truce to do the hide outs together. I'd say they show up on the map but I was just following the american guy.

The object of the gang hide outs is to take out the gang as quickly as possible to save the whores. They kill one whore every minute or so, and you get XP for every Ho saved.

I dont think there in single player, just free roam. Yee Haar!!!

Has anyone noticed every post of mine regarding Red Dead am signing off with a Yee Har!!

Has anyone noticed every post of mine regarding Red Dead am signing off with a Yee Har!![/QUOTE]

Yes also noticed that you didn't join me Dunwoth and Kev last night just went round with your new American friends.

I spent half an hour trying to join you's over and over again but kept getting that alert message about connection problems with other players. It was dead annoying. Yee Har!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

have just over 80percent of main game done. Have a the be public enemy for 10mins and escape achievement:-) also manifestin destiny and dasterdly which is fun:-) on a different note the two bfbc2 chievements that wouldn unlock now disappeared so i gotta do it again

• Advertisement

Played BFBC2 and Red Dead the weekend. Whenever I was in the mood for BFBC2 there was nobody else on so played as a lone wolf so I could get my various stats up. Eight stabby kills in one round and one was gold.

Played a bit more Red Dead multi still getting the lay of the land. Found me some bears. The area they are in is not unlocked in single player for me yet so it was the first time I saw them and they are sneaky feckers. Killed one with the gun and all of a sudden another one was right behind me and managed to kill me. Had a few gang games with Dunworth. I like the way that your not always on the same side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement