Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Feck sake Moose I know Garv said keep it short but a bit more detail than that please. Or is it so good your stuck for words.

Ok, if you insist on more details on the MP...

It's as manic as MW2. Very fast play, instant respawns, constant action. However, the weapons respond more like BC2. Lots of recoil and difficulty in keeping them on target.

It feels very different than any other FPS. Takes a bit of getting used to. I'm finding it very enjoyable. So far there's only a few weapons, only one when you start off. I assume they'll unlock more over the coming months.

Some of the maps are biggger than I expected, but it's definitely a CQB type game. The enemy blends well into the surroundings so you really have to concentrate on corners when advancing.

Graphically, it's very slick. Lots of dust, dirt and smoke flying around.

Gameplay-wise, I like the feel of it. You move more like in BC2 than MW2. I feel with practice and the right team mates that it's going to be a far more tactical shooter than CoD:BO. Once we learn to advance as a unit and cover each other, I think we'll all benefit from it. At the moment we're all rambo-style, although I don't think we lost a round yet.

Definitely worth purchasing, from what I've seen. Whether it stands the test of time, I don't know. I do know that you'll like it. mLindsay didn't like it at the start but he's loving it now. Just a new learning curve, that's all.

In summary, for Garv... it's MW2 for BC2 players :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Thanks for the info moose heading into town now to pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Aw you guy's have made my so happy. I picked MoH up this afternoon after sitting on the fence about it for ages (about 4 hours this morning)
    Can't wait to get home for some MP.

BTW feel free to add me as I'm new to the Xbox and only have one friend at the moment :(

Weiland79 is the gamertag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

weiland79 wrote: »
    Aw you guy's have made my so happy. I picked MoH up this afternoon after sitting on the fence about it for ages (about 4 hours this morning)

BTW feel free to add me as I'm new to the Xbox and only have one friend at the moment :(

add me weiland79 and you can get the rest of the clan as they come online to night

game tag naughtkev.

i traded red dead for it got 35 euro for it which was a surprise.will stick it on shortly

weiland79 wrote: »

hope you like it now. add some of us, i'm sure we'll all be on tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Thanks Moose.

Quick question is Lindsay a Camping Sniper in this as well

Thanks Moose.

Quick question is Lindsay a Camping Sniper in this as well

of course :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

of course :D

That is total BS, and cyco can vouch for me here, I've made one will on the M24, but I've stayed Special forces throughout.

In all but one game (in which moose came top and I came forth) I have either come first or second with IRL members.
    I'm level 7 almost 8 on spec class and a high K/D, I've complained all day that sniping is near impossible and yet I'm left awe struck when I'm sniped from and had no idea where it came from.

Suffice to say, I don't like sniping in MoH, getting up close and personal is amazing. MoH is amazing, AI AI AI AI AI AI LA LA LA LA LAAAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ok picked up MOH tier 1 editon for 50 in game (i had it preordered so not sure if you can just walk in and pick it up)

also has bf3 beta

tier 1 editon extras
    http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/medal-of-honor-tier-1-edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Col picked it up, so sunday or monday I'll be giving it a trial run anyway before a purchase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Enjoying it so far. Definitely worth a purchase. Id say it could take over from BF as game of choice for a lot of people. They are completely different games though so I will definitely be jumping back and forth between the two. For the next three weeks at least as I've just traded Enslaved in against Black Ops!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Guess it will only be garv & I playing bfc2 for now :(
    If you choose to buy battlefield Vietnam add on you can claim veteran status and unlock the beloved m1 garand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

If you choose to buy battlefield Vietnam add on you can claim veteran status and unlock the beloved m1 garand

i wont be on till monday though. least we can get a chance to polish up our knives for when they all come crawling back within a month:D

LOSERS!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

cycocycle wrote: »
    LOSERS!
    Reported :p

Reported :p
    Suits me. Don't want to be associated with losers like ye any way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

My Fifa 2011 pro. Getting some stick for this. I only wish this level of customisation was available in M.O.H.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

One thing that's driving me bonkers in MOH is the Melee button. There's times when I'm directing my gun when it will touch down on the R button by mistake ...missing my kill. There's loads of bugs in the single player game but Great fun online.

One thing that's driving me bonkers in MOH is the Melee button. There's times when I'm directing my gun when it will touch down on the R button by mistake ...missing my kill. There's loads of bugs in the single player game but Great fun online.

Change the setup, I did. I click the right stick to crouch and B the melee. Find it works better... I crouch and lot more than I melee

One of the God damn servers in work died yesterday... spent hours trying to sort it out. Haven't gotten near Moh yet; it's still sealed! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Is anyone else stuck on the Apache mission. I tried it about 7 or 8 times last night and I keep getting shot from invisible RPGs. I fly round the village and kill all the Taliban and just after the part were I kill the enemys running from the building with the RPGs coming from the windows, I get hit twice in quick succesion from the left or 9 o'clock and I cannot see were the fire is coming from.

I googled it and got a thread about problems in that level on the PC version. Anyone else having problems with it.

Is anyone else stuck on the Apache mission. I tried it about 7 or 8 times last night and I keep getting shot from invisible RPGs. I fly round the village and kill all the Taliban and just after the part were I kill the enemys running from the building with the RPGs coming from the windows, I get hit twice in quick succesion from the left or 9 o'clock and I cannot see were the fire is coming from.

I googled it and got a thread about problems in that level on the PC version. Anyone else having problems with it.

Try the EA forums, I just got a solution there. I just got stuck at surpressing the DShK... it wouldn't surpress for me. Pumped 1000 rounds into it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

My Fifa 2011 pro. Getting some stick for this. I only wish this level of customisation was available in M.O.H.

Haha, Mr Fritzel, legend. May I see you're dungeon sir!?

Some cracker games on MoH last night. Must say I'm glad I got it, it's a good game, it won't have the same longitivity as BfBC2, but it's definitly a good one.

If it's where I think it is, you have to take out the building with rockets, B button.

After playing a good few games yesterday I'm still in two minds about this. Only played about 30 minutes of the story mode so I have no real issue with it yet.
    The multiplayer is fast paced and very like MW2. Its very frantic and the action is non stop. The guns feel and sound excellent and the graphics are very good. As its new we usually didn't know what the goals and objectives were and so adopted a "Kill em All" approach.
    However I wasn't long becoming bored at the small amount of maps and game modes. I bought the LE with the promise of extra MP maps. I'd hate to see the standard edition! I know there are more maps coming but by 12 last night I'd had enough. That was also down to spawn camping snipers. Spawn-Die-Spawn-Die-Spawn.....................:mad::mad::mad: Nearly drove me crazy.
    Overall I'm underwhelmed by this game and I'd say it will be traded fairly soon unless maps,game modes and a spawn protection update are made available.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

After playing a good few games yesterday I'm still in two minds about this. Only played about 30 minutes of the story mode so I have no real issue with it yet.
    The multiplayer is fast paced and very like MW2. Its very frantic and the action is non stop. The guns feel and sound excellent and the graphics are very good. As its new we usually didn't know what the goals and objectives were and so adopted a "Kill em All" approach.
    However I wasn't long becoming bored at the small amount of maps and game modes. I bought the LE with the promise of extra MP maps. I'd hate to see the standard edition! I know there are more maps coming but by 12 last night I'd had enough. That was also down to spawn camping snipers. Spawn-Die-Spawn-Die-Spawn.....................:mad::mad::mad: Nearly drove me crazy.
    Overall I'm underwhelmed by this game and I'd say it will be traded fairly soon unless maps,game modes and a spawn protection update are made available.

Agree completely. What I don't like personally is the stop start nature of the game play. Battlefield BC2 ebbed and flowed, there felt as if there was a real progression through out each battle. This is just slaughter. Random slaughter. The reason I bought this was the supposed objective based multiplayer but I found that all these objectives were a simple gimmick to entice players into the open for the slaughter to continue. I know it's early days and the game play will evolve but I liked Battlefield from day one. As many of you heard last night, I'm not impressed. Average at best multi player wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I like it, but by God is it frustrating.As Cyco said the Spawn killing will really annoy people. And why oh why do the hardcore games not get a chance to pick what type of game to play. Me and Dunworth lost one of the games in less than 1 min because I had no clue what was happening. And I can see myself avoiding the sniper class, Liking the other 2 classes more anyway.
    But it is a good start for the series and with a bit of work could be amazing.

Poor Rabbit

That was also down to spawn camping snipers. Spawn-Die-Spawn-Die-Spawn.....................:mad::mad::mad: Nearly drove me crazy.

mlindsay must have been on the other team :pac:

• Advertisement

Ok, just finished my first run through of the single player. Now I can give an honest opinion of the campaign.

Got stuck at one point trying to surpress the DShK due to a glitch but restarted the level and sailed through it the second time. I also noticed the frame tearing on a couple of occassions but it never really impacted on the game. While both were annoying faults, I wouldn't say they made any difference to my overall opinion of the game.

What I thought of it...

I have to admit that MoH is my favourite single player FPS, to date. I'm going to wait till I've clocked up plenty of hours on the multiplayer before giving my opinion on that.

The atmoshere created by the sound, feel of the weapons and the graphics, I found excellent. For some reason I didn't get bored on the playthrough and am looking forward to playing through it again. Which is pretty much unheard of for me when it comes to campaigns!

Sure, it has it's faults. Linear type maps, slight bit of frame tearing and the odd glitch but none of that took away from the enjoyment for me.

It doesn't deserve a 10/10 because it has so much room for improvement in lots of areas but I'd be inclined to give it 8.5/10. Compared to BC2's 6.5/10 and MW2's 8/10.

I recommend every FPS fan to at least play the campaign, you will enjoy yourself unless of course you're a MW2 fanboy, in which case, you'd much prefer playing with the traffic outside... at night... wearing dark clothes... on an unlit road... on a slippery surface... right at a blind turn... you get the idea ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement