Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Today, I'm going to try and get the gf into playing the 360. She's tried before but doesn't like the thumbsticks control, as she used to play alot of Sonic on the PS1, years ago. Going to start her off on Fable 2, should be easier for her to get used to than a FPS. Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.

Just some possible scenarios for your consideration
    1.Your potential gaming time is halved!
    2. Your gaming chair is always in the wrong position when you go to play.
    3. She may turn out to be a gaming prodigy and own your ass on all the games you like.
    4. TheMoosetteInNam[Combat Knife]TheMooseInNam:eek::eek::eek:

These are just some of the pitfalls but the results are always the same.
    Loss of self esteem, alcoholism, depression, impotence, hair loss and homelessness!!
    Is that what you want? IS IT???
    Its a dangerous road your going down my friend!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I'll get M.O.H. if enough interest is shown.

I agree with you on this Moose and will add that I find that no one is playing the game as it's meant to be played. No matter what the scenario in multi player it just feels like a death match. Players don't seem to care about the common goals. This may change in time but I'd rather spend that time playing something else.
    On quiet reflection today, I surmised that if a 'swear jar' had been in situ in my place of abode, my current financial status could easily be comparable to that of Anglo Irish Bank. The reason for which being the profane language, spewed forth from my aghast mouth during extended and frustrating experiences with Medal of Honour's online mode. I apologise to all for this seemingly barbaric transformation of my conscience thought.

I still can't f'king tolerate M.O.H. though. Spawn, I f'king die, run, I f'king die, hide, I f'king die, shoot, I f'king die, I die and I f'king die. All I do is f'king die! I came back from the dead so many f'king times Jesus himself would be interested in the f'king technique. I am the f'king M.O.H. messiah. I am John Travolta's f'king career.

Eloquent, am I not?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

cycocycle wrote: »
    Just some possible scenarios for your consideration
    1.Your potential gaming time is halved!
    2. Your gaming chair is always in the wrong position when you go to play.
    3. She may turn out to be a gaming prodigy and own your ass on all the games you like.
    4. TheMoosetteInNam[Combat Knife]TheMooseInNam:eek::eek::eek:

These are just some of the pitfalls but the results are always the same.
    Loss of self esteem, alcoholism, depression, impotence, hair loss and homelessness!!
    Is that what you want? IS IT???
    Its a dangerous road your going down my friend!:D

In response:
    1. I know she has the potential to be completely addicted to it if she could only start playing something she liked. She was completely hooked on Sonic years ago. I'm thinking, increased gaming time... together... I can always dream...
    2. I have the gamesroom set up as follows: two 360's, two LCD screens, two Turtle Beaches, bean bag and my chair. The livingroom also has a 360 with her profile on it and a large plasma screen. THERE'S NO REASON FOR HER TO SIT IN MY CHAIR... EVER!!!
    3. After seeing her play Sonic, my jaw nearly fell off. She was awesome, so yeah, she completely has the ability to own my ass... although she probably already thinks she owns it and everything else I have ;)
    4.She really would love to knife me sometimes, I can see it in hers eyes. It might actually be a great way for her to let off steam! :o

You're right, this could completely backfire on me... but I think it's worth the risk... just imagine if I managed to get her hooked on BC2 eventually... my life would be so much easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

:pac:

They are out of chronological order!

They are out of chronological order!

Tabloid journalism!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I was simply trying to figure out why I can't play with the default look setting and trying to see if there's a reason for it. If someone else had a similar introduction to gaming and also used inverted, then it might explain it.

Today, I'm going to try and get the gf into playing the 360. She's tried before but doesn't like the thumbsticks control, as she used to play alot of Sonic on the PS1, years ago. Going to start her off on Fable 2, should be easier for her to get used to than a FPS. Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.

To get her started on a FPS I would go for MW2 on the training mission were you have to shoot the targets on the firing range on a set time.

I got my ex into gaming playing Lego Starwars and it ended up being a mistake. We would swap the controller over everytime someone completed a level or died, then it went to 1 go for me everytime she had 4 or 5. Then it went from that to me upstairs on my own masterbating while she played the xbox :(

Then it went from that to me upstairs on my own masterbating while she played the xbox :(

Classy!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

In response:
    2. I have the gamesroom set up as follows: two 360's, two LCD screens, two Turtle Beaches, bean bag and my chair. The livingroom also has a 360 with her profile on it and a large plasma screen. THERE'S NO REASON FOR HER TO SIT IN MY CHAIR... EVER!!!

You're right, this could completely backfire on me... but I think it's worth the risk... just imagine if I managed to get her hooked on BC2 eventually... my life would be so much easier :D

i presume your on about moving one of the xboxs and teli's into the kitchen between the cooker and sink?

might be at risk of water damage in there and your dinner might be burnt:D:D:D

i dont think you shoud let her use the headset. royal has tried to seduce enough women on it already and his game score crashed from trying to play with one hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

garv123 wrote: »
    i dont think you shoud let her use the headset. royal has tried to seduce enough women on it already and his game score crashed from trying to play with one hand

Dont listen to Garv. Whats her gamertag Moose?

GoosewitLamb
    InnocentChild1998
    PaedoLover
    Adolescent_digs_oldies

• Advertisement

Patience, Royal...

She's playing Fable 2 for the last hour or so. Still not used to the thumbsticks but I think she really likes the game, thought it was beautiful... my plan is coming together nicely :D

GoosewitLamb
    InnocentChild1998
    PaedoLover
    Adolescent_digs_oldies

2224716.jpg

TheCalfInNam

Patience, Royal...

She's playing Fable 2 for the last hour or so. Still not used to the thumbsticks but I think she really likes the game, thought it was beautiful... my plan is coming together nicely :D
    moose has this fantasy of him swooping through the battlefield arm in arm with her killing all around them. they're going to be the bonnie and clyde of XBL.

are you afraid when the competition starts to see who's gonna be the first person to knife mooses misses. and have raze running around saying yaa your my bitch, ya your my bitch when he kills her?

moose has this fantasy of him swooping through the battlefield arm in arm with her killing all around them. they're going to be the bonnie and clyde of XBL.

are you afraid when the competition starts to see who's gonna be the first person to knife mooses misses. and have raze running around saying yaa your my bitch, ya your my bitch when he kills her?

I can assure you it'll be me getting her tags first! ;) She's a long way away from playing BC2 but she's still playing Fable 2... she's been at it over two hours now...

I can assure you it'll be me getting her tags first! ;) She's a long way away from playing BC2 but she's still playing Fable 2... she's been at it over two hours now...
    Have the full game of fable 2 on my active downloads but no space to put it anywhere :(
    Have the game on the shelf so it's not all bad

Have the full game of fable 2 on my active downloads but no space to put it anywhere :(
    Have the game on the shelf so it's not all bad

She's still playing it!!! She started it just before 4pm... that's 5 hours straight... she said I had a problem! :D:D

She's still playing it!!! She started it just before 4pm... that's 5 hours straight... she said I had a problem! :D:D

i member when i was her age i got addicted to games very easy too.
    ohh how it was good to be so young:rolleyes:

i member when i was her age i got addicted to games very easy too.
    ohh how it was good to be so young:rolleyes:

Are you even shaving yet? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

but who will be the 1st one to tea bag here when she dies ??

sorry moose could not help my self no offence to u or you misses

naughto wrote: »
    but who will be the 1st one to tea bag here when she dies ??

sorry moose could not help my self no offence to u or you misses

Look, assuming she continues gaming, I'm going to do everything I possibly can to her before I let her play against any of you.

Besides, where's your chivalaristic spirit??? Not to mention clan spirit... shouldn't you all be promising to protect her for me??? Shame on you guys!!! Shame... shame... shame :D

• Advertisement

Are you even shaving yet? ;)
    i prefer to get a wax;)

at least we've got someone to do the cooking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i prefer to get a wax;)

at least we've got someone to do the cooking :D

we have shoveltooth for that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

As a matter of interest, how many of you use the INVERTED look option. I do but I don't know anyone else that does.

Think it might be from playing flight sims back in the 80's. Anyone else remember Apache Gunship? God, I loved that game, wish they'd release an updayed version of it for the 360.

Yeah I use inverted, started with goldeneye N64.

GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64. That takes me right back. As a Wii owner I look forward to the updated reissue with both excitement and trepidation. There was no better experience than four player split screen.

I know nostalgia is heavily biased but for me, as an owner of both the Playstation and the Nintendo 64, it was the Nintendo that gave me the most fulfilling enjoyment of that generation. Although lacking in games, the AAA titles that were released gave me some of the best gaming experiences to date. Approaching Princess Peach's castle for the first time. That Christmas waking up in Hyrule. The cheeky bear with a bird on his back. That little trickster, the Skull kid....I could go on but I'm getting a little teary eyed. It just isn't the same.

Started with Starfox/Starwing on the SNES.
    GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64. That takes me right back. As a Wii owner I look forward to the updated reissue with both excitement and trepidation. There was no better experience than four player split screen.

I know nostalgia is heavily biased but for me, as an owner of both the Playstation and the Nintendo 64, it was the Nintendo that gave me the most fulfilling enjoyment of that generation. Although lacking in games, the AAA titles that were released gave me some of the best gaming experiences to date. Approaching Princess Peach's castle for the first time. That Christmas waking up in Hyrule. The cheeky bear with a bird on his back. That little trickster, the Skull kid....I could go on but I'm getting a little teary eyed. It just isn't the same.
    I can place every one of those games... except the Skull kid. What was that?

How about a certain foul mouthed squirrel? Or dataDyne? Wario stadium? Future racing in San Fran?

And on the topic of wives/girlfriends/random f*ck buddies playing games... the wife is addicted to Marvel Ultimate Alliance (actually quite a fun game).

I know the general feeling towards MoH isn't that positive. I appreciate that the game isn't perfect and there's plenty of things I'd like to see changed in it but I have to admit, I really enjoyed playing it last night.

I only played it for midnight till 2am but for the first time, I felt pretty comfortable playing it. I just hope that it gets plenty of support from the developers and starts getting all the stuff the MP is missing!

Ace Hole wrote: »
    I can place every one of those games... except the Skull kid. What was that?

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. An absolute classic.
    How about a certain foul mouthed squirrel
    I still laugh at the Great Mighty Poo. Genius!
    Or dataDyne?
    Who needed Lara Croft? We had Joanna.
    Wario stadium?
    Bought this on a Wednesday, completed it in two solid days. Remember that time vividly!
    Future racing in San Fran?
    You stumped me here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. An absolute classic.

I still laugh at the Great Mighty Poo. Genius!

Who needed Lara Croft? We had Joanna.

Bought this on a Wednesday, completed it in two solid days. Remember that time vividly!

You stumped me here!

my other have is blastibg through the legend of spyro cant get her off the bloody thing. my first console was the sega playing starman and splatterhouse good times.

my other have is blastibg through the legend of spyro cant get her off the bloody thing. my first console was the sega playing starman and splatterhouse good times.

I have fond memories of playing the original 'Spyro the Dragon'. It was a really good game! Your girlfriend has good taste, well yourself being the exception. (Smiley face with a sticking out tongue here)

• Advertisement

Future racing in San Fran?
    You stumped me here!
    Rush 2049 - loved this game. Played it for days.

Need advice from people. Use eircom for my broadband, 3MB bundle. I'm considering upgrading to 7MB broadband. The upload speeds would stay the same ("up to 384kbps"). How much of a difference would it make? Any other tips/tweaks for making my Live connection a little faster?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement