Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Has the Irl clan website ever gone past the concept stage or has the idea been gunned down?

It's still at concept level although I do plan on doing it. Just want to get back into full time employment first, then I'll purchase a site and start setting it up. Wouldn't take long to have it up and running, once I get started.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

You could just set up a donation link via paypal and have everyone donate a few quid each, site paid for. The extra security and sense of ownership would be well worth the extra cost, not to mention it'll be moderated ourselves and IRL clan dedicated.

Not to take anything away from here, this is an excellent site, but easily accessible to outside "forces" *Clicks send of trojan virus to pRoXima.net*

You could just set up a donation link via paypal and have everyone donate a few quid each, site paid for. The extra security and sense of ownership would be well worth the extra cost, not to mention it'll be moderated ourselves and IRL clan dedicated.

Not to take anything away from here, this is an excellent site, but easily accessible to outside "forces" *Clicks send of trojan virus to pRoXima.net*

You mean moderated by me ;)

IRL is legion, and you are a member of IRL, Legion is one. I stick by my previous statement.

:P.

However I'm sure you won't be banhammer happy......wait I retract that statement also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

IRL is legion, and you are a member of IRL, Legion is one. I stick by my previous statement.

:P.

However I'm sure you won't be banhammer happy......wait I retract that statement also.

u did deserve to be banned. i reckon you should have gotten a longer 1:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

garv123 wrote: »
    YOURR STUPIDDD NEW ROUTER WONT LET ME CONNECT TO EA. stuck trying moh now :(
    And MoH is published by which company?:rolleyes:
    I,d say EA are messing with the Battlefield servers to coerce people into playing that steaming pile of horse****e MoH!:D

u did deserve to be banned. i reckon you should have gotten a longer 1:p:p

someone had to say something that was aggressive yet true, we call that growing a set in the north i welcomed that ban with open arms. the email i got with it was so worth it

cycocycle wrote: »
    And MoH is published by which company?:rolleyes:
    I,d say EA are messing with the Battlefield servers to coerce people into playing that steaming pile of horse****e MoH!:D

I read somewhere that they are moving the hit detection from MoH over to BC2 at the moment on the PC and will bring it to the 360 pretty soon too... why, I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I read somewhere that they are moving the hit detection from MoH over to BC2 at the moment on the PC and will bring it to the 360 pretty soon too... why, I don't know...
    Would that improve knife hit detection in bc2?

Would that improve knife hit detection in bc2?

we need increased speed rather than detection looks more of a prb with the spryte than hit detection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

how much would ya sever cost if we where to get one between us does any one know??

naughto wrote: »
    how much would ya sever cost if we where to get one between us does any one know??

A server to host a website or a server to have EA host games on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

ea host games

naughto wrote: »
    ea host games

Is that a question? Well, EA host all the servers for BC2 and MoH. This seems to be the trend with most new games. Whereas, up to now, it was always done by one of the players hosting the server and everyone connecting to them.

However, this method obviously caused host advantage (better latency) and leaves room for people to tinker with their connections. By EA hosting their own servers for the game, it's supposed to put everyone on the same level playing field and allow them to implement patches on the server aswell.

However, it does mean that us Irish gamers probably have to connect with UK based servers. The idea of having a dedicated Irish server for us to play on, is very appealing.

care to explain what that is before i pick you up wrong?

Any links? And if anything, they should move it the other way (BC2 -> MoH).

Hmmm.

Fable III released on the 29th?
    DLC available today.....

Regardless, I bought it now and it's too late to do anything about it, unless MS rollback me.

Cant-F***ing-Wait.

It'll be interesting to get some Co-Op play with someone from the IRL clan.

Then thats the last of my game purchasing until Vietnam comes out, I'll be back to BFBC2 and MoH whilst everyone is raging on CoD BO.

care to explain what that is before i pick you up wrong?
    Ace Hole wrote: »
    Any links? And if anything, they should move it the other way (BC2 -> MoH).

Can't find where I read it, probably EA's MoH or BFBC2 UK console forums. Can't explain it further, Garv... 'cause I don't know and details are limited for now. Seems that the PC is getting the upgrade first and it will then filter into the consoles after the approval processes are met.

Ace, here's a link that I did find: http://boards.ign.com/pc_general_board/b5027/197035342/p1/?5

I believe it's easy enough to implement because they both use the frostbite engine. I never really had a problem with the hit detection on BC2, except for the knife, of course. They better not mess up BC2 in the process! They wouldn't like me when I'm angry ;)

I've previoulsy unleashed a team of ninja's to take out Rod Cousens, CEO of Codemasters, for releashing Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising... actually, that was over six months ago, they're not exactly rushing the job! They must be walking from China :(

They better not mess up BC2 in the process!

It's looking that way. In MoH, it seems the person who gets the kill in a face off is the person who has a better connection (the person with the least latency). When my connection is good, I generally do quite well - top 5 at least. Bad connection leads to ass rape. BC2 seems to give the kill to the person with more skill (slowly dragging my K/D ratio up :D).

I could be wrong, but that's how it seems.

Played Red faction multiplayer with dunworth yesterday ( he didn't know the game had mp until he saw me playing it) and had some good games. Destructable buildings, sledgehammers and jetpacks; what more could you ask for? The only downside is the waiting in the lobbies for players to join :(
    Gonna start playin this more until the other clan members see the error of their ways and return to the battlefield.
    Finished 007: qos so wouldn't be playing the mp anymore ( it had better mp than most games with mp tacked on and still has people playin it though the shotgun in the mp is overpowered).
    If I ever get far cry 2 back, the mp is supposed to be decent which is a far cry from the glitchy single player campaign

• Advertisement

Ace Hole wrote: »
    It's looking that way. In MoH, it seems the person who gets the kill in a face off is the person who has a better connection (the person with the least latency). When my connection is good, I generally do quite well - top 5 at least. Bad connection leads to ass rape. BC2 seems to give the kill to the person with more skill (slowly dragging my K/D ratio up :D).

I could be wrong, but that's how it seems.
    If you don't get a mic I'll make up a voice for you :D.
    A voice of truth and integrity which will give an unbiased view to the battlefield. A voice who is not hesitant to accept the blame of defeat solely on oneself and to praise shoveltooth when the team wins.

Gonna start playin this more until the other clan members see the error of their ways and return to the battlefield.

il prob be on this evening. nursing abit of a hangover at the minute but doubt il be goin out agen tonight so if not il be on for a decent session

A voice who is not hesitant to accept the blame of defeat solely on oneself
    BC2: I've ****ed up quite a few times, just by playing like a muppet.
    MoH: Spawn 6 feet in front of an enemy... empty half a clip into someone and they turn around and sneeze at me and I die... still take damage after taking cover 1.5 seconds ago... not so sure

Don't get me wrong, I quite like the game - it's a nice pace change from BC2. But God almighty, I hope these "quirks" don't get put into BC2.
    to praise shoveltooth when the team wins
    Wasn't aware that needed saying. lol
    With a head that big it must be easy to get head shots on you :D

to praise shoveltooth when the team wins.

WE are doing quite alot of ass kicking in rush without the rest of the clan. rarely losing games, when defending we're holding the first bases. better than when the rest of the traitors were on;)

maybe we should start taking pics of our scores and posting them too:rolleyes::rolleyes:

maybe we should start taking pics of our scores and posting them too:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If theres no evidence it didnt happen.

If theres no evidence it didnt happen.
    my stats slowly climbing to positive since my new defensive tactics started are proof enough for our wins:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

my stats slowly climbing to positive since my new defensive tactics started are proof enough for our wins:D

C4

Switch sides if the other team is about to win?

dunworth1 wrote: »
    C4

did you read DEFENSIVE, yeah cv'n my own base:rolleyes:
    and you cant comment about people c4'n bases when you do it too.
    Switch sides if the other team is about to win?

your meant to be backing me up here since we're the only ones who do be trying to defend/disarm the bases the last 2 weeks and cyco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hmmm.

Fable III released on the 29th?
    DLC available today.....

Regardless, I bought it now and it's too late to do anything about it, unless MS rollback me.

Cant-F***ing-Wait.

It'll be interesting to get some Co-Op play with someone from the IRL clan.

Then thats the last of my game purchasing until Vietnam comes out, I'll be back to BFBC2 and MoH whilst everyone is raging on CoD BO.
    You realise the dlc is free with limited edition right?
    did you read DEFENSIVE, yeah cv'n my own base:rolleyes:
    and you cant comment about people c4'n bases when you do it too.

your meant to be backing me up here since we're the only ones who do be trying to defend/disarm the bases the last 2 weeks and cyco
    I used to c4 about 10 foot either side of mcom stations, kills everyone that goes to set it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement