Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fsM6LBi54

In this short video here, you can see the crossbow and ballistic knife in action. Both weapons are a one shot one kill, so I would expect they are some of the later ones to unlock as you rank up, so we might have to wait a while until all of us have them before doing a private clan game like that.

I will more than likely do 12 hours stints on this game until I get the crossbow. I dont know why but I just love crossbows, the silent and deadly killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

There is a pistols and knives mode in COD. Its one of the wager modes. You get a pistol with one bullet and a knife. If you miss you have to get a knife kill to restore a bullet to the chamber. If you get a kill your bullet is restored to the chamber. You get 3 lives per round.

There is also one called "Sticks and stones" which is a wager match again, but with just crossbows and ballistic knives.

That guy is a woeful shot in that video you posted Cyco. I'd be pretty sure that the IRL clan players will kick ass at this game mode against randomers, seeing as we have alot of practice from pistols and knives on battlefield.

In Sticks and Stones you also get a tomahawk (axe not missile) which will bankrupt any player who has it stuck in their back!
    In One in the Chamber I dont think with only 3 lives and CoD currency at stake you would be running around like that. Id say it would be a very cagey affair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

cycocycle wrote: »
    In Sticks and Stones you also get a tomahawk (axe not missile) which will bankrupt any player who has it stuck in their back!

Sounds like fun! Is Shoveltooth getting this game? He's got the perfect back to rest my tomahawk in!

Any of you guys seen a movie called Dafur, think it's also called Attack On Dafur?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

nope

is this the one your talking about
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236471/

or the documentary one

EDIT: if its this one its going on my to watch list
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pQqoVhb7m4

dunworth1 wrote: »
    nope

is this the one your talking about
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236471/

or the documentary one

EDIT: if its this one its going on my to watch list
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pQqoVhb7m4

Yeah that's it. It's definitely not a feel good story! Well worth watching though

while we're talking about films
    i just watched Eden Lake if your looking for a freaky film
    this is deffently one.

i dont want to give away the story so i'll let you see it for yourself

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    while we're talking about films i just watched Eden Lake if your looking for a freaky film this is deffently one.

"renting" it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

I think I'll trade in M.O.H(with a u). for C.O.D. I think I may have expressed my dislike for the former once or twice and I have never really gotten into it. Irish's post on wagers and customisation within C.O.D. has really peaked my interest but as I've never played a C.O.D. before what can I expect?

I think I'll trade in M.O.H(with a u). for C.O.D. I think I may have expressed my dislike for the former once or twice and I have never really gotten into it. Irish's post on wagers and customisation within C.O.D. has really peaked my interest but as I've never played a C.O.D. before what can I expect?

Been playing CoD4 a bit lately and its far better than MW2. The killstreaks arent as overpowered but the player who is able to get them is at an advantage. Much faster pace than battlefield.
    Bought Fable 2 to see if I might like it before getting 3. Put a good bit of time in yesterday. Starting to get bored now though. RPGs dont tend to hold my interest for too long.

Irish's post on wagers and customisation within C.O.D. has really peaked my interest but as I've never played a C.O.D. before what can I expect?

I think Cyco summed it up really well yesterday saying that the wager matches will be very cagey and tense.

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    "renting" it right now.

After recommending Attack On Dafur, I looked into the director a bit more. It's Uwe Boll... probably the most loved/hated director around. He's the one responsible for all the movies made from video games over the last ten years!

However, he seems to also create some brilliant movies when he's using his own material. I have a suspicion that he used the video game spin-offs as a cash cow to further his decent work! Anyway, here's a list of a few movies he's done that are really, really good! I've included IMDb links, ignore the negative reviews that's just the internet Boll-bashing because he murdered those video game movies! Each movie is unique and although not perfect and not big budget, they're all well worth watching. Enjoy!

Attack On Dafur http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236471/
    Stoic http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236484/
    Postal http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486640/
    Rampage http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1337057/
    Tunnel Rats http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970462/

Before being told that this is off topic:

I recommend these movies to my fellow clan members when taking R&R from waging wars across the internets ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Loving fable three, never a shortage of enemies, plenty of room to develop you're character, fun and interesting side quests, for Raze easy achievments and a good story.

Highlight of the night was when I had come back from having a kiss with the mrs and put the headset on only to hear.

Raze - "No, **** sake, don't use protection"
    Colin - "Ewww, I'm using protection"
    Raze - "No, no, no don't I need this..........hahahaha"
    Colin - "Hahahahaha"
    Both - "................."
    Colin - "Hahaha.....oh wait, I'm pregnant........AND I have an STD.
    Raze - "Hahaha thats what you get for not using protection"

As for COD, MOH is very much like COD pace wise, no doubt with wager matches BO will have a much faster pace of play that MOH.

However I will be remaining strong and sticking with getting the DLC for MOH, and playing through fable three until vietnam comes out, from which the IRL clan shall be reuninted as a whole again!

HUA!

I have a passionate hatred for journalists so I would have to pass on that Darfur film seeing as the main protagonists are journalists.

I seen the documentary that this film is probably loosely based on. Its called "The devil came on horse back" or rode in on horse back. Something like that. I found that to be very good.

I have a passionate hatred for journalists

How do you find out the news then? Here?

cycocycle wrote: »
    How do you find out the news then? Here?

Even worse, Jimcorr.com :eek:

If 5% of what that nutter says is true were ****ed!:D

• Advertisement

As for COD, MOH is very much like COD pace wise, no doubt with wager matches BO will have a much faster pace of play that MOH.

However I will be remaining strong and sticking with getting the DLC for MOH, and playing through fable three until vietnam comes out, from which the IRL clan shall be reuninted as a whole again!

HUA!

So your not getting Black Ops?

I will be getting the free DLC on Tuesday, but thats as far as it goes for me with MoH. I loved it at first and thought the gameplay was great, which it still is, but the maps and gamemodes are terrible. I will more than likely trade in MoH against Black Ops next weekend, then be at the midnight opening for Black Ops on monday night.

I will be surprised if you dont get it Mlindsay cause CoD still usually cater for snipers with at least 3 maps that suit snipers, and the fact that they have in my opinion the best sniper rifle ever made in Black Ops.

I used to be a pain in the hole on one of the sniping maps in MW2, I practically turned into a bush. But personally I much prefered the smaller maps with my SCAR or M4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

give him time royal he will get it in the end,i will get the free download on tuesday as well but not a notion of paying for the the other maps.

i dont tink i will trade moh for cod black balls as i want to get the beta for bbc3 just to see what it is like.i hope its a good as the second one.

i played moh last nigh as iam stuck on assin creed and got no lag i think that when iam in a party that i get the lag which is abit strage.

thanks for the lis of movies moose i have them on my download list as i speak now all i need as about a month to watch all the stuff i have downloaded

naughto wrote: »
    i want to get the beta for bbc3 just to see what it is like.i hope its a good as the second one.
    The beta is for Battlefield 3 not Bad Company 3 as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

just finished fable 3. Some of my thoughts. If a game is billed as an rpg and is less than 35 hours long then it's lazy developers. Lack of enemies you'd want at least double to keep battles fun. Getting money is too easy, yer never stuck tbh. Can't say there's replay value as i got the single play achievemts. I liked the game but i don't think the dlc is worth the extra money especially as it's only digging and an easy battle. Also they gayed it up with the emotions, dancing with the guards? ↲↲that being said i enjoyed the game, some genuinely funny lines in it, magic kills everything :)↲If yer still on the fence about getting or renting it moose you should rent. At max a 20 hour game. No more than ten without side quests and achievement whoring

Also they gayed it up with the emotions, dancing with the guards? ↲↲that being said i enjoyed the game

I knew you would enjoy it once they gayed it up with dancing :pac:

naughto wrote: »
    give him time royal he will get it in the end,i will get the free download on tuesday as well but not a notion of paying for the the other maps.

i dont tink i will trade moh for cod black balls as i want to get the beta for bbc3 just to see what it is like.i hope its a good as the second one.

i played moh last nigh as iam stuck on assin creed and got no lag i think that when iam in a party that i get the lag which is abit strage.

thanks for the lis of movies moose i have them on my download list as i speak now all i need as about a month to watch all the stuff i have downloaded

I've finished ranking up everything in MoH now and have already found myself getting bored. Tried playing it yesterday twice, once with Dunworth and later by myself. The enjoyment of that game is definitely dependent on not playing with randomers!

I've decided to only get the free DLC on Tuesday. I'm not a big fan of King Of The Hill game types, so unless there's another reason for getting the download, like weapons, I won't be getting it either.

I also won't be trading it in either, due primarily to the BF3 Beta.

Had a bash at GRAW2's MP players again last night, as i was in the mood for something different. Any of you guys have it? We could have some great private matches on it.

I even gave MoH Airborne a bash yesterday. Old school MP fun!

I also won't be trading it in either, due primarily to the BF3 Beta.

Had a bash at GRAW2's MP players again last night, as i was in the mood for something different. Any of you guys have it? We could have some great private matches on it.

likewise for me i will be keeping it for the beta

i dont have 2 but i have the first one

I assume you've seen Zeitgeist and Zeitgeist Addendum!

Never looked at Corrs site before, will have a decent look later today.

I've known for a very long time that the monetary system we've adopted is just a means of slavery to the general population and the media/entertainment industry is only a way of dumbing down that population so it doesn't ask questions. Unfortunately, this isn't the thread to discuss this.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Gears of war 2 31x xp weekend so that's holding my attention at the moment.
    Trying out all the new map packs etc that I bought for a song

• Advertisement

media/entertainment industry is only a way of dumbing down that population so it doesn't ask questions.
    Enter Medal of Honour!:D
    Im trading this mess of a game asap along with Fable 2 which was fun for a while but now its boring me rigid! Like Oblivion, Fallout 3 etc I usually love these games at the start while I admire the technical achievement of bringing such large worlds to life. Then I just get bored of tending to virtual friends,farms whatever. Its essentially the Tamagotchi concept expanded.
    Looking forward to Black Ops,BF Vietnam,Assassins Creed Brotherhood and possibly Need for Speed.
    Im also considering a pre owned PS3 for the God of War games,Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 3!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement