Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Still dipping in and out of RDR single player. Multiplayer not lighting my fire tbh. Battlefield still the daddy for online gaming.
    Whats the next big online game coming down the tracks?
    Was reading that the Medal of Honor beta is running from July 5th to 17th. Available to people who pre-order the game from Play.com. The M/P side of it is being handled by DICE so it should be good.
    Brink is another game that looks interesting as it combines single and multiplayer with no real line between them. Dont know how this will be done but it sounds interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmKZchM0AiE&feature=channel

An outside bet goes to Sniper:Ghost Warrior. Looks like a more tactical approach to sniping. Also has some hardcore sniper on sniper multiplayer action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV7s2Cyg7s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3j6brhGraU&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Snipers on multiplayer hmmm I don't know. Could be a campfest unless you had some sort of explosive device strapped to you that resulted in you only staying still for a few second.

Waiting on Crackdown 2 myself multiplayer ( yeah)
    Loved the first one and it looks like more of the same.

Never got into the any of the Halo games multiplayer and you always end up playing some snot nosed kid from America Who thinks Halo is the BOMB..... Sorry if i offend people but cant seem to get the second B in bomb turned the other way around

Personaly I like battlefield multiplayer.
    Blur is a good laugh on line when you get a few people to play with.
    At the moment I am slowly getting into red dead on line.
    And every so often MW2 which can be as bad as Halo but I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Snipers on multiplayer hmmm I don't know. Could be a campfest unless you had some sort of explosive device strapped to you that resulted in you only staying still for a few second.

Back in the day, there was a game called Sniper Elite, and its multi player was surprisingly good, very good in fact.

Yes, it was a camp fest, but it still managed to be great fun with a few mates.

Hopefully Sniper: Ghost Warrior will mimic it, but It might not, it could be too hard to have a sniper only multilayer in lush environments with ghille suits and tonnes of plants to hide in, you might not see a single thing for the whole match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Here's an interesting release for next year, called HOMEFRONT.

North and South Korea get reunited into the Greater Korean Republic and seize control of most of Asia. The game is set around their invasion of America and you have to battle as a small group of civillians trying to survive.

Here's a joystiq xbox preview: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/11/homefront-preview/

That "sniper" game could be a surprise. Will probably have lots of pre-orders but whether it'll last as a multiplayer, only time will tell. All I know is BFBC2 could be a lot safer place to run around with a lot less snipers around :D

What I'm really looking forward to is Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. It'll be squad based, slightly advanced weapons systems that'll probably be used by the military within 10-20 years. Granted, it'll probably be 3rd person but that's never taken away from any of the previous games. Always loved the Ghost Recon multiplayer. My first online experience was with Ghost Recon 2 and Rainbow Six on the original xbox.

I'll probably buy the Medal Of Honor game too. Since Dice are doing the multiplayer, it should be pretty slick.

Also interested in THI4F later this summer. Remember playing the original years and years ago on a PC.

Fable 3 should be interesting with natal intregration.

I'll rent Reach to complete the single player but don't like the Halo multiplayer.

Brink does look slick but I fear it's release date in Q4 could mean it's up against some serious competition.

Of course, Fallout: New Vegas will have to be seriously looked at too.

Have I missed any note worthy games?

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Back in the day, there was a game called Sniper Elite, and its multi player was surprisingly good, very good in fact.

Yes, it was a camp fest, but it still managed to be great fun with a few mates.

Hopefully Sniper: Ghost Warrior will mimic it, but It might not, it could be too hard to have a sniper only multilayer in lush environments with ghille suits and tonnes of plants to hide in, you might not see a single thing for the whole match.

I loved Sniper Elite!!! Never got into the multiplayer though. Always hoped they'd bring out a new one on the 360 but they decided against it. I'm sure they'll model this one on that game. They'd be stupid not to, since it was so good.

• Advertisement

Also interested in THI4F later this summer. Remember playing the original years and years ago on a PC.

Thief..........Greats Games Ever!

The 3rd was a bit of a disappointment compared to I & II, but it still had some great bits.

Hate the title THI4F, what was wrong with Thief 4?

Is it definitely out this summer? That would be class if it was!

Never played Sniper Elite.

That's what I am afraid of. Imagine playing a game for say 8 minutes and not seeing anybody else but every so often checking the score to find out you and almost everybody else has no kills and 1 guy is 50000 points

Actually wondering what Respawn will do next. Cos i enjoyed both mw.

I'd say you will be awaiting a year or 2 before Respawn have anything, they aren't at E3 this year either.

Sure they are still trying to hire ex-IW people and in the middle of a lawsuit or 2, so we could be waiting a while, it will of course be a shooter, and rumor has it they are trying to acquire the right to the MW series.

I'd say you will be awaiting a year or 2 before Respawn have anything, they aren't at E3 this year either.

Sure they are still trying to hire ex-IW people and in the middle of a lawsuit or 2, so we could be waiting a while, it will of course be a shooter, and rumor has it they are trying to acquire the right to the MW series.

Thought I read online somewhere that they announced on their facebook page that there would be a big announcement at E3.

• Advertisement

Thought I read online somewhere that they announced on their facebook page that there would be a big announcement at E3.

Twas a fake facebook page!

Some medal of honor multiplayer footage. Looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oKePnEmGlA

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

but to be fair it looks ****e: http://www.cracked.com/article_18609_more-proof-video-game-industry-out-ideas-e3-2010.html

Why all the hate for MW2? It's not that bad :-/ I used to ****ing love Battlefield 2 for the PC,is Bad Company 2 anything like it in terms of multiplayer?

Dont see a lot of hate for MW2. Bought it myself first day and pretty much played it night and day until BFBC2 came out. Excellent online shooter with emphasis on squad tactics and team playover large maps.Such a difference not to be playing "Awesome" or "Gnarly" teens swearing into the mic and generally being annoying little tossers.
    Head over to the BFBC2 clan thread and add a few names to your friends list and jump in. You will soon find out who the regulars are. (They will have your tags more than everyone else!:rolleyes:)

Anyone up for some non BFBC2 multiplayer games?
    I've started trying out some games that I never went online with and some that I havent played in a while.
    Had a crack at R6 Vegas 2 for a while the other day.Forgot how tough it was! Its dated though. No jump,no melee attack and the graphics are slightly ropey. Excellent game though.
    Jumped in to a few games of Team Fortress 2.Interesting. Could be fun with clan members.
    Still havent gone online with Left 4 Dead 2. That would be a good laugh with people you know.
    Got me thinking what other games would be a good laugh with a few clan members in the mix.
    Also in the future while we wont all be buying the same games it might make a difference to your purchasing decisions if you knew which games clan members would be getting. E.G. Medal of Honour v COD.
    Im also trying to complete some single player games before I buy any more. Assassins Creed 2,Alan Wake and Red Dead still have a good few hours left in them. I barely scratched he surface on Forza 3!
    Theres more to life than tag hunting!:D

Looks like I'll be playing a good bit of Red Dead for the next while but I'm always up for some BFBC2, FC2 or Red Dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Haven really touched red dead since i finished it, but shall see :)

Wasnt impressed with red dead online. Love the single player though. Im still not finished it. Dip in and out now and then.
    Id love to try Left 4 Dead 2 with clan members. Tried L4D1 online and it was pretty good except for some,you guessed it,American teens screetching orders at me!
    How would a Clan challenge work out? Maybe on several different games. Pick some teams for battlefield and have some private squad deathmatches, races on Forza 3,Gears of war 2 matches etc.
    If I was only playing randomers I probably wouldnt play BFBC2 half as much. The banter is half of it so I reckon this could be transferred to other games and give them a new lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'd say the next game that i will be picking up will be medal of honor
    i used to love them on the ps so i hope its kind of the same as them

cycocycle wrote: »
    Wasnt impressed with red dead online. Love the single player though. Im still not finished it. Dip in and out now and then.
    Id love to try Left 4 Dead 2 with clan members. Tried L4D1 online and it was pretty good except for some,you guessed it,American teens screetching orders at me!
    How would a Clan challenge work out? Maybe on several different games. Pick some teams for battlefield and have some private squad deathmatches, races on Forza 3,Gears of war 2 matches etc.
    If I was only playing randomers I probably wouldnt play BFBC2 half as much. The banter is half of it so I reckon this could be transferred to other games and give them a new lease of life.

The free roam multiplayer is pretty boring on Red Dead but the co-op missions are very challanging on expert mode and quite a lot of fun with a few mates.

• Advertisement

The free roam multiplayer is pretty boring on Red Dead but the co-op missions are very challanging on expert mode and quite a lot of fun with a few mates.

i think that is because the area to way to big for the amount of people that area playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Yea free roam is a bit ****e, it also full of a$$holes who constantly pawn kill you..

Anyone gonna be getting Halo Reach?

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yea free roam is a bit ****e, it also full of a$$holes who constantly pawn kill you..

Anyone gonna be getting Halo Reach?

will probably pick it up eventually but wont not planing getting it at launch.

and the only reason i will be getting it is for the campaign i play the multi beta and didnt like it at all

Cyco I think this is a good idea be interested in what games you would be looking to play, But I don't have Forza, Left4dead2 ( no interest)
    Had a few games of Horde gears of war2 with some boardies before me,spidey and Spookydon and had a bit of a laugh.

I liked the multiplayer free roam in Red Dead still dip in every so often but it is filled with Feckers who pawn you but that also happens in COD and Halo as well.

Probably get MOH next a bit worried about all these rumours of subs for COD but may pick that up as well a bit later.

Halo reach Ill probably pick up at some stage.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    will probably pick it up eventually but wont not planing getting it at launch.

and the only reason i will be getting it is for the campaign i play the multi beta and didnt like it at all

Ditto on Reach, just interested in to campaign, not the multiplayer. Probably going to be MoH, for my next purchase.

@Korvanica nice job with the sig :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

dunworth1 wrote: »
    @Korvanica nice job with the sig :cool:

hah, cheers :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Well my next games are
    Halo Reach - mainly because my mates and i plan halo 3 lan games and Forge maps alot, can't wait for the new forge :D

Medal of Honor - Simple because it MoH

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - It looks like it goes back to the original style of NFS play which i love..

Ghost Recon Feature Soldier. Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

medal of honor

cod balck ops

and need for speed

• Advertisement

Ok, guys. Let's get a show of hands, who's picking up MoH and is interested in the multiplayer? Since MoH is out on the 15th, let's figure that out first. CoD:BO isn't out for three weeks after MoH so there's plenty of time to discuss that game then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement