Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

are many people going to be picking Cod:bo at a midnight launch

doubt that i will due to have school the next morning

Headshot wrote: »
    what's the most popular xbox multi-player game at the moment?

preferably fps

at the moment i would say MW2 and BFBC2 are still around the top and quite possibly red faction guerrilla

but come next week it will be Cod:bo for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

dunworth1 wrote: »
    are many people going to be picking Cod:bo at a midnight launch

doubt that i will due to have school the next morning

Yeah, I'll be there for the midnight launch, why not... gf will probably leave me though... which would give me a lot more gaming time :D

Yeah, I'll be there for the midnight launch, why not... gf will probably leave me though... which would give me a lot more gaming time :D

and another reason is that there has been 400 peroders so far in my local game and i dont fancy standing around that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i must pre order mine met to do it at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

naughto wrote: »
    i must pre order mine met to do it at the weekend

I still have to do it. Probably going to do it Thursday. I might pick up a used game while am in Gamestop, am thinking a older FPS I never played yet. CoD4 or GRAW2 maybe.

I still have to do it. Probably going to do it Thursday. I might pick up a used game while am in Gamestop, am thinking a older FPS I never played yet. CoD4 or GRAW2 maybe.

I bought a friend of mine GRAW2 today secondhand for €9! It's an excellent game and still has a decent community after three years!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Get CoD 4 to familiarise yourself with the controls. I had a few games lately and I had forgotten how good it was.
    Also I changed my display to 1080P from 1080I. What a difference! The graphics are amazing on the likes of C0D 4 and BFBC.

cycocycle wrote: »
    Get CoD 4 to familiarise yourself with the controls. I had a few games lately and I had forgotten how good it was.
    Also I changed my display to 1080P from 1080I. What a difference! The graphics are amazing on the likes of C0D 4 and BFBC.

I looked into this before and remember reading that 720p is actually higher quality than 1080i. Something to do with the interlacing of 1080i which provides a slower refreshing of the picture than 720p. From what I could gather, 720p was better for fast moving pictures like FPS games. Please feel free to correct me if I got that arse ways... which is highly possible :D

I looked into this before and remember reading that 720p is actually higher quality than 1080i. Something to do with the interlacing of 1080i which provides a slower refreshing of the picture than 720p. From what I could gather, 720p was better for fast moving pictures like FPS games. Please feel free to correct me if I got that arse ways... which is highly possible :D

nope you spot on

• Advertisement

1080p is considered "true HD". P stands for progressive and I for interlaced.
    The simple explanation is that the lines on the TV are refreshed at different rates. In 1080I every second line is refreshed each cycle where in 1080p every line is refreshed every cycle. You,re probably right about 720P being superior to 1080I but its the Hertz of your tv which determines your refresh rate and the quality of fast moving images such as games,sports,action films etc. I have a 600hz Panasonic plasma and it never suffers from motion blur.

1080p is considered "true HD". P stands for progressive and I for interlaced.
    The simple explanation is that the lines on the TV are refreshed at different rates. In 1080I every second line is refreshed each cycle where in 1080p every line is refreshed every cycle. You,re probably right about 720P being superior to 1080I but its the Hertz of your tv which determines your refresh rate and the quality of fast moving images such as games,sports,action films etc. I have a 600hz Panasonic plasma and it never suffers from motion blur.

Ok, so refresh rate aside, is 1080i a sharper picture than 720p?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

old%20tv%20set.jpg

How do I get the best from my set up. Picture related.

Will you be doing single player as soon as you get home from the Midnight opening, or jumping on to multiplayer?

I wonder who will get the first clan v clan kill.

old%20tv%20set.jpg

How do I get the best from my set up. Picture related.

How do you get the best from that setup??? By getting her back into the kitchen... never let your bird near your tech... RULE 1!!! :D

Ok, so refresh rate aside, is 1080i a sharper picture than 720p?
    720P would be sharper. But if you use a TV with a lower refresh rate it doesnt matter even in 1080P you will still get motion blur. Its like a trail of colour coming from a fast moving object and it make the picture look fuzzy.
    In simple terms 720p,1080P etc are a measure of the amount of pixels that are refreshed in a given cycle. The refresh rate is the number of times this cycle happens in a given time frame. Most TVs are 50-60Hz i.e. 50-60 cycles per second. These are fine for 90% of what you will watch as most people dont have a HD source. I went for the 600Hz as I was impressed by the reviews which complimented its handling of motion blur. (And its price:D:D:D)

720P would be sharper. But if you use a TV with a lower refresh rate it doesnt matter even in 1080P you will still get motion blur. Its like a trail of colour coming from a fast moving object and it make the picture look fuzzy.
    In simple terms 720p,1080P etc are a measure of the amount of pixels that are refreshed in a given cycle. The refresh rate is the number of times this cycle happens in a given time frame. Most TVs are 50-60Hz i.e. 50-60 cycles per second. These are fine for 90% of what you will watch as most people dont have a HD source. I went for the 600Hz as I was impressed by the reviews which complimented its handling of motion blur. (And its price:D:D:D)

Thanks for that. Appreciated. What I'm not so happy about is that you now have me thinking about getting yet another LCD!!! Damn you, damn you and your informative posting!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I use an edoxcell TV, 42inch, and when I change to HDMI 1 the settings always came up with 1080i and I changed to 720p and the difference was amazing, what was unclear at maybe a mile in BFBC2 was sharper and intensified.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I use an edoxcell TV, 42inch, and when I change to HDMI 1 the settings always came up with 1080i and I changed to 720p and the difference was amazing, what was unclear at maybe a mile in BFBC2 was sharper and intensified.
    And while you are busy looking at flowers a mile away, I give you a limerick welcome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Touching my penis isn't a limerick welcome........and no you're not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hello garv123,

We at boards.ie would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

pitty everyone hear couldn't be a friendly bunch like this. haha.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    i nearly spilt another pint of water laughing when i saw that in mail:D

the xbox froze again when i was playing :(:( think its on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

To Garv
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv2rLFtmJLlPrqeqpdDgA3edBORJXPKNHKbKJXqYagB6110NE&t=1&usg=__6W9-OltSK1j47Ke0qMxawJZORXw=

Love IRL clan
    xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

que loads of ****ed1 up pics wishing garv123 a happy bday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

naughto wrote: »
    que loads of ****ed1 up pics wishing garv123 a happy bday

haha i cnt c shoveltooths? or is it meant to be blank?:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

garv123 wrote: »
    the xbox froze again when i was playing :(:( think its on the way out.

Get yourself the shiny and black Xbox slim! Identical, except shiny and black! And shiny!

Xtravision: €250 euro with an EA game (MoH, Fifa 11, NFS:Hot Pursuit, couple of others)

Gamestop: €270 with any game. Went for this and Fable III. Haven't even opened Fable III yet.

And phone Microsoft and give out. They'll give you 1 month Live free (at least they did for me).

Anyone know what the story is with these new MoH maps and game mode?

Anyone know what the story is with these new MoH maps and game mode?
    That game is so last week! Its all about Dance Central CoD now!

• Advertisement

I checked the EA forums and the release time for XBox is 5am EST which was over 2 hours ago. These guys at MoH/EA really are taking the piss.

I was thinking about holding on to this game for a couple of days to play the new maps and game mode, but I think I will be trading it tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement