Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

traded in Moh for 32 credit in game today gamestop only offering 24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

dunworth1 wrote: »

Moose and myself got 30euro in our local Gamestops today. They probably didnt like the cut of ya Dunworth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Moose and myself got 30euro in our local Gamestops today. They probably didnt like the cut of ya Dunworth :pac:

Correction, I got €35 for mine! I have a feeling MoH trade-in values are about to dive into the bargain bin! Probably pick it up next year for the beta for €10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Damn your right. I got 35 aswell. I got confused with the credit note I had with me aswell for a fiver.

Thats very strange that the Gamestop in Limerick is offering 11euro less than other Gamestops. I bet Garv will have a good Limerick joke as to why. Garv??

This is video game wankbank material tbh.

MK is my favourite beat em up series.

Cannot wait for this. Dying to bust out sub zero's fatality for memories sake also Kung Lao's one is class.

Does look pretty good, alright! Another blip on the radar... So far for 2011, we've got Battlefield 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Rainbow Six 4, Homeland, Crysis2, Mindjack, Far Cry 3, Mortal Combat, have I missed anything for the 2011 lineup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Damn your right. I got 35 aswell. I got confused with the credit note I had with me aswell for a fiver.

Thats very strange that the Gamestop in Limerick is offering 11euro less than other Gamestops. I bet Garv will have a good Limerick joke as to why. Garv??

I dont understand? limerick is a lovely place? why would i do something like that?

garv123 wrote: »
    I dont understand? limerick is a lovely place? why would i do something like that?

It's probably because you're the only one living there not related to everyone else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Limerick gamestop seem eager to cut trade in prices imo.
    I'd be gutted if I was offered such a measly trade in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

its most likely due to how many traded in copies.

maybe people in limerick (due to their highier street smart skillls) realised first that the game is crap.

Limerick gamestop seem eager to cut trade in prices imo.
    I'd be gutted if I was offered such a measly trade in price.

or maybe the guy behind the counter played it before and saw how crap it was and refused to pay out for it.

trade in prices will have to drop now with all these codes because its not worth buying a game second hand when you gotta pay a 10er for codes.
    like game stop will be selling that on for 45 prob and someone will buy it and realise they need codes.

surely they will have to take a 10er off their asking price and mark that online play wont work. someone was giving out about buying tiger woods and they couldnt play it online at all without the codes. game stop arent selling whats on the cover of the box. multiplayer or online play should be crossed off or sold at a reduced price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

surely they will have to take a 10er off their asking price and mark that online play wont work. someone was giving out about buying tiger woods and they couldnt play it online at all without the codes. game stop arent selling whats on the cover of the box. multiplayer or online play should be crossed off or sold at a reduced price

Can't comment on the price but they do have stickers on some games (Tiger Woods comes to mind) saying ask the staff to see if the game has online pass and obviously it doesn't so then they try and sell it to you. Anyway unless there is a very good deal on I try not to buy anything in gamestop always notice that the price for the points and live is a fiver more and most of the time they offer you sfa for trade in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

or maybe the guy behind the counter played it before and saw how crap it was and refused to pay out for it.

trade in prices will have to drop now with all these codes because its not worth buying a game second hand when you gotta pay a 10er for codes.
    like game stop will be selling that on for 45 prob and someone will buy it and realise they need codes.

Can't comment on the price but they do have stickers on some games (Tiger Woods comes to mind) saying ask the staff to see if the game has online pass and obviously it doesn't so then they try and sell it to you. Anyway unless there is a very good deal on I try not to buy anything in gamestop always notice that the price for the points and live is a fiver more and most of the time they offer you sfa for trade in.
    +1 on this, The only reason i got fable 3 from them is because of their 25% offer put it on at 54.99 then the dicks upped the price to 10e managed to steal a 5r the *****.

Out of boredom, I set up an alternative gamertag linked to a US based email address. I'm now logged into XBL's US dashboard and downloaded a bunch of indie games, browsed through netflicks, downloading Last FM too...

Found a new game demo not available over here, called APACHE GUNSHIP or something similar. Can't download it cause I need a gold membership for it and the way I registered, it didn't give me the free month. Tried a 48 hour code but says I only get online access not the ability to download demos :( Anyone got a spare 1 month code :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

Shammy wrote: »
    I cant wait for it , i played graw and graw 2 to death :p

Any idea when this is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Found a new game demo not available over here, called APACHE GUNSHIP or something similar.

Is this the one

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Product/Apache-Air-Assault/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156088b

eskoflip wrote: »
    Any idea when this is coming out?

There's a MP demo on the Splinter Cell Convinction disk due to kick off in Q1 2011, delayed from last summer. I imagine the game will be released at the end of Q1 or the beginning of Q2, just like Splinter Cell was.

Yeah, that's it! Must have come out a few hours earlier than here, in the US. Nice one.

Used to love the original Apache Gunship game on the Atari ST, back in the day... around 1986 or something :o

It also turns out that the extra 4 maps you get with the more expensive CoD:BO are only the Zombie maps from CoD:WaW and aren't related to the standard multiplayer at all.

Used to love the original Apache Gunship game on the Atari ST, back in the day... around 1986 or something :o

Kind of reminds me of Desert Strike. But I'm not quite as old as you :p

It also turns out that the extra 4 maps you get with the more expensive CoD:BO are only the Zombie maps from CoD:WaW and aren't related to the standard multiplayer at all.

so so far its only cyco getting the zombie maps and royal getting the prevmobile and everyone else for standard edition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

so so far its only cyco getting the zombie maps
    And a medal. A MEDAL!!!!
    Think I,ll head in for the midnight launch an get the free t-shirt to put the awesome medal on.

cycocycle wrote: »
    And a medal. A MEDAL!!!!
    Think I,ll head in for the midnight launch an get the free t-shirt to put the awesome medal on.

i'll see cyco now walking out of the shopping centre tshirt and medal on with the sunglasses on looking around at everyone half nodding his head thinking to himself "yeah im cool!:cool::cool:!"

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    Kind of reminds me of Desert Strike. But I'm not quite as old as you :p

Got the demo and tried it. Think I'd really like this game if the controls weren't arseways!

Right stick: Forward = altitude up, back = altitude down, right and left are turn the chopper right and left.
    Left stick: Forward = pitch down to accelerate, back = pitch up to stop, right and left are strafe right and left.

Seems straight forward enough until you try and play it. Maybe a flight stick is required (Note to self and cyco, possible new gadget, Saitek flight stick). Just felt the controls were all over the place, maybe with practice I'd get over it, however with Vietnam and Black Ops on the way, I just wouldn't put the time in.

Got the demo and tried it. Think I'd really like this game if the controls weren't arseways!

Right stick: Forward = altitude up, back = altitude down, right and left are turn the chopper right and left.
    Left stick: Forward = pitch down to accelerate, back = pitch up to stop, right and left are strafe right and left.

Seems straight forward enough until you try and play it. Maybe a flight stick is required (Note to self and cyco, possible new gadget, Saitek flight stick). Just felt the controls were all over the place, maybe with practice I'd get over it, however with Vietnam and Black Ops on the way, I just wouldn't put the time in.

you could sure swap the turn left and right with the strafing

you could sure swap the turn left and right with the strafing

You'd think that's be an option, wouldn't you? I looked, adjusted everything I could to see if I could get it to feel more natural. Maybe I missed it.

I did like the ability to hover and switch to the gunner with IR mode on. What's cooler than blowing the crap out of little glowing white men running for their lives! That aspect of the game was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

(Note to self and cyco, possible new gadget, Saitek flight stick). .
    I need some kind of new gadget. The first Kinect reviews are in and the verdict is lukewarm. Might hold off. Thinking of getting the new xbox or(and?) a PS3.

I need some kind of new gadget. The first Kinect reviews are in and the verdict is lukewarm. Might hold off. Thinking of getting the new xbox or(and?) a PS3.

I know what's it's like to have that new tech urge! I've been keeping an eye out for anything cool coming out but haven't seen much lately.

Hold off a bit longer, something might pop up this side of Christmas. Don't buy a new 360, PS3 or Kinect just for the sake of it!

any one remember the name of this crisis the country is in at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

any one remember the name of this crisis the country is in at the moment?
    The good for nothing students living off family crises?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Cannon
    MUG
    soap
    zombie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement