Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Pssssh, he's just a little jealous that even though I spend my days doing "womens work" I am inherently surrounded by women, many of whom crave my attention on the ward because of my status.

(Mostly over-eager students).

:D
    Do you take their breath away when you're around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Pssssh, he's just a little jealous that even though I spend my days doing "womens work" I am inherently surrounded by women, many of whom crave my attention on the ward because of my status.

Are you sure it's not your modesty that they are attracted to??? ;)

Are you the one that is in charge of making the tea & coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Don't know if this exhibition has been mentioned here previously but on Wednesday I went to the Game On Exhibition in the Ambassador Theatre in Dublin. I found it very interesting and enjoyable and I highly recommend it to anyone. Playing the original Mario Kart on the SNES and GoldenEye on the N64 were my personal highlights. F'ck I'm old.

Some useful links:
    http://www.gameon-dublin.ie/home/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_On
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056034135

First of all, Iz, I'm disgusted that you didn't invite me :(

Secondly, check out the new Black Ops TV commercial:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1543292789?bctid=660287861001

Check out the guy with "Proud Noob" on his RPG... priceless!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Genius commercial.

Edit: I just noticed there is a murse at 17 seconds.

I do apologise Moose. Last minute decision to go really, was just killing time until the Cancer Bats gig. That advertisement is epic. Did anyone else think 'Shoveltooth!' towards the end?

I do apologise Moose. Last minute decision to go really, was just killing time until the Cancer Bats gig. That advertisement is epic. Did anyone else think 'Shoveltooth!' towards the end?

The little girl with the shotgun??? :D

Have to admit, the game looks slick!

Would like to have seen and heard more about the hardcore mode, which I presume I'll be playing more than the regular mode.

Lovin' CoD4 again... even if I hate Black Ops, CoD4 will keep me going till Vietnam.

• Advertisement

If ya need any help, Lindsay will be able to nurse your hangover Izambard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i got to play kinect today it does work its fun but is something that you will get bored of very quickly on your own anyway.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i got to play kinect today it does work its fun but is something that you will get bored of very quickly on your own anyway.

What did you play? Is the lag noticeable?

What did you play? Is the lag noticeable?

table tenis with someone else i didnt notice any lag while playing.

the camera itself is pretty big its long but not that wide

dunworth1 wrote: »
    table tenis with someone else i didnt notice any lag while playing.

the camera itself is pretty big its long but not that wide

Did you win?

Did you win?

no i crap at table tennis and the guy i was play was playing it all day so was pretty good

Finally got round to trading in Medal Of Honour today against Black Ops. The conversation went as follows.

Shop assistant: Didn't like it no?
    Me: Not really. Not what I was expecting.....
    Another, unseen behind a corner, shop assistant: He's trading in Medal of Honour isn't he! I wouldn't even use the disc to put down a septic, anal discharging cat with AIDS. Useless!

True story.

Mostly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

God it's hard, one minute I tell myself, **** it I'm going down the morning of release and trading in a few games for it. Then other times I think, I can do this, be strong until veitnam comes out.

But alas I will mantain my strength until vietnam is released and the clan shall be once again reunited.

The question is, will vietnam hold our attentions for another long time, or will people drift in and out between games after the novelty wears off and BF3 comes out?

God it's hard, one minute I tell myself, **** it I'm going down the morning of release and trading in a few games for it. Then other times I think, I can do this, be strong until veitnam comes out.

But alas I will mantain my strength until vietnam is released and the clan shall be once again reunited.

The question is, will vietnam hold our attentions for another long time, or will people drift in and out between games after the novelty wears off and BF3 comes out?

It will be the same game, with guns that look different, but are actually just the same as the last ones. The 4 new maps will be like Val Paradiso.

But as always with Battlefield, the gameplay and fun will be good, which will give us another couple of months enjoyment out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Finally got round to trading in Medal Of Honour today against Black Ops. The conversation went as follows.

Shop assistant: Didn't like it no?
    Me: Not really. Not what I was expecting.....
    Another, unseen behind a corner, shop assistant: He's trading in Medal of Honour isn't he! I wouldn't even use the disc to put down a septic, anal discharging cat with AIDS. Useless!

True story.

Mostly.

i stilll have to trade mine in are gamestop open on sundays i presume they are

• Advertisement

Hey Shoveltooth, achieve this!
    middle_finger.jpg
    This is meant in jest!

naughto wrote: »
    Definitely.

I'd say Gamestop operate a system were all their stores are updated on stock via a system link and as more and more MoH games are traded in, the value of them drop. Am guessing that come next week, if not already, you will end up having to pay them to take it off your hands.

i will see what i get for moh
    i can get 26 for mafia 2 with game nash so id except to get more than that with gamestop.

i will see what i get for moh
    i can get 26 for mafia 2 with game nash so id except to get more than that with gamestop.

Gamestop are only offering €28 but if you put it against a pre-order, you get an extra 25% = €35

Trade it in before BO's is released with mafia 2 and they'll give you credit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I traded MOH in HMV today for 35 euro and picked up Fallout NV for a tenner. They are also doing a deal where you get COD for 9 euro if you trade in MOH .

i traded mine 2day and got fec all for it cos they had so many traded in he siad between mafia 2 and moh i only got 50e

i traded mine 2day and got fec all for it cos they had so many traded in he siad between mafia 2 and moh i only got 50e

I knew that was going to happen. Glad I traded it in when I did. I reckon next week it'll be worth nothing. I'd love to know the figures for how many were sold to how many were traded back in by the 9th.

EA might make a decent bit out of the online pass from all the secondhand ones going to exchange hands over the coming months. I'd probably buy it again if I see it for around €15 when the B3 beta comes out. Reckon the market will be awash with them.

i think i actually got more for mafia 2 than moh.he said the sd of black ops would be 54e.ya should have see the amount of black ops ****e1 that they well be selling my local gameshop will be open at 11 but selling untill 12, that is unless some other store breaks the midnight launch and he thinks that theres a good chance of it happening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i think i actually got more for mafia 2 than moh.he said the sd of black ops would be 54e.ya should have see the amount of black ops ****e1 that they well be selling my local gameshop will be open at 11 but selling untill 12, that is unless some other store breaks the midnight launch and he thinks that theres a good chance of it happening
    xtra vision. They're notorious for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement