Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

I'd like to go to a midnight launch but as I'm 29, growing a dodgy 'tache for Movember (someday my balls will drop and I might be able to grow a proper one) and my wardrobe mainly consists of beige rain coats I feel that the authorities may be summoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I'd like to go to a midnight launch but as I'm 29, growing a dodgy 'tache for Movember (someday my balls will drop and I might be able to grow a proper one) and my wardrobe mainly consists of beige rain coats I feel that the authorities may be summoned.
    You'll fit right in with the rest of the people at the launch :p

You'll fit right in with the rest of the people at the launch :p
    Why are you going? Strength in numbers! (I still refuse to use emoticons)

Edit: Shoveltooth, I find you somewhat humorous and was intrigued by your new signature so I investigated further only to encounter a full screen image of that LP cover! I have now been traumatised. Thank you. Objective achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi guy's

I've been away for a few day's and was fully expecting the free download for MOH to be available when i came back.
    Any word on it?

Peer pressure doesn't affect me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hi guy's

I've been away for a few day's and was fully expecting the free download for MOH to be available when i came back.
    Any word on it?

EA managed to get the paid DLC out on time but the "FREE" DLC has been delayed and I'm not aware of any update on a release date. It was pretty much the final straw for us here and I think mLindsay215 is the only one who's kept a copy. Everyone else has traded it in for CoD:BO.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hi guy's

Any word on it?

Most of us traded the game in to be honest.

Edit: Shoveltooth, I find you somewhat humorous and was intrigued by your new signature so I investigated further only to encounter a full screen image of that LP cover! I have now been traumatised. Thank you. Objective achieved.
    I stumbled across that image out of nowhere and have now have been saved.
    I just hope people don't associate the LP cover with the IRL clan leaderboard.
    Keep the faith brother

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Yes free DLC is available, it's pretty good like, as is the paid one.

However I will be getting BO and keeping MoH.

I have failed, I suck at life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i left my hard drive at home:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    its gonna be an expensive drunken week out of boredum

• Advertisement

I have failed, I suck at life.

Don't be like that being a nurse isn't all that bad. Nobel profession.

You make it too easy chap!

Don't be like that being a nurse isn't all that bad. Nobel profession.

You make it too easy chap!

Bah, at least I'll have tuesday off, I have to write a speech to give im Limerick (better bring the stab vest) however I won't be there for the monday midnight opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Will ye guys be playing hardcore mode on cod:bo too. Gonna be all over that game tuesday.

Bah, at least I'll have tuesday off, I have to write a speech to give im Limerick (better bring the stab vest) however I won't be there for the monday midnight opening.
    Make the speech into a series of limericks

cursai wrote: »
    Will ye guys be playing hardcore mode on cod:bo too. Gonna be all over that game tuesday.

Yeah, most likely hardcore. Tends to be more fun on most games... except MoH... which sucked in hardcore... add some of us to your friends list. Royal Irish made a post earlier with an update of existing members and new members too add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Yeah, most likely hardcore. Tends to be more fun on most games... except MoH... which sucked in hardcore... add some of us to your friends list. Royal Irish made a post earlier with an update of existing members and new members too add.

that was on the IRL black ops thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68892734&postcount=48

dunworth1 wrote: »

I thought this was the IRL Black Ops thread... too many threads going on, my heads beginning to hurt ;) Sooner I get our website up and running the better!

Timeline of the offical IRL clan website:

Dec 2010 - Planning for the website begins.

March 2031 - Shovelt00th dies in an unfortunate car accident

Feb 2048 - Website idea shut down.

Timeline of the offical IRL clan website:

Dec 2010 - Planning for the website begins.

Feb 2048 - Website idea shut down.

Probably the most optimistic post you've ever made but let's try and move the timeline forward :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Accident? Doubt it. :D:D

• Advertisement

Probably the most optimistic post you've ever made but let's try and move the timeline forward :D:D:D

Optimistic in general or about the website?!

I'm a very optimistic person, optimistic that there will be a website! Pessimistic that I might be dead before I see it through old age.

Sooner I get our website up and running the better!

ok lets see if we can get it up and running soon

we could just start with a forum (which can be easly done as free templates are freely available).
    i know of three free open source forum software

who would be willing to pay something to the cost
    I would be happy to help out with the costs
    if i remember raze said he would aswell.

Optimistic in general or about the website?!

I'm a very optimistic person, optimistic that there will be a website! Pessimistic that I might be dead before I see it through old age.

I was implying more along the lines of what Cyco was referring to ;)

The website will happen, of that I have no doubt. We're destined for greatness guys... I see a website, youtube channel, forums, championships and journalistic respect in our futures.*

*Now that's an optimistic post for ya ;)

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ok lets see if we can get it up and running soon

we could just start with a forum (which can be easly done as free templates are freely available).
    i know of three free open source forum software

who would be willing to pay something to the cost
    I would be happy to help out with the costs
    if i remember raze said he would aswell.

I think most of us would be willing to contribute. I'll look into the exact costs tomorrow because I won't be doing anything other than BOs on Tuesday. Will also look at domain names. Personally, I'd prefer a .ie address but it's a little trickier to set up.

hahaha indeed. we will need to start holding tryouts for the clan i think. l

hahaha indeed. we will need to start holding tryouts for the clan i think. l

I think the music has got me pumped up... HO-RAH :D

I think the music has got me pumped up... HO-RAH :D

plenty of thatt comming up on tuesday. hoo rah

I think most of us would be willing to contribute. I'll look into the exact costs tomorrow because I won't be doing anything other than BOs on Tuesday. Will also look at domain names. Personally, I'd prefer a .ie address but it's a little trickier to set up.

yes you need to provide id for a .ie site for personal I think a scan/photo of your passport will do well thats all i needed when i was registering www.briandunworth.ie yes i know it another empty website but it was free so i couldnt turn it down and maybe someday i will get around to setting it up properly

Harford robbers steal more than 100 'Call of Duty: Black Ops' video games
    Link

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see how many copies they can flog before midnight tomorrow and even more interesting to see who is stupid enough to attempt to go online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement