Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Below is the requirement for a .ie domain for a clan site. I have about 6 .ie addresses registered. I use blacknight hosting for my websites they also offer a good price for .ie's 24 euro or so for the year.
    I would recommend either wordpress, joomla or some other open source software, my top pick would be wordpress.

Category 11: Discretionary Name
    Requirements:

NB: The discretionary name category should only be used in cases where the domain name application does not fall within any of the other pre-defined categories.

A detailed letter from the applicant outlining their claim on the proposed domain name. If the applicant is a registered company or has a registered business name, please supply the relevant number within the supporting letter.
    Where a company or a business applies for a name that relates to a product or service that is not yet in the public domain, the applicant must submit information showing that they have invested significant time, effort, or resources in the product or service that directly relates to the proposed domain name.
    Where the domain name relates to a proposed non-commercial project, information showing that the applicant has invested significant time, effort, or resources in a project that directly relates to the proposed domain name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

A report has been published today by the mayors office in city hall Belfast, that in the past three weeks more sick days have been requested for the 9th, 10th and 11th of November as well as holidays than over 2010's summer period. A leading NHS consultant, Henry Morris, was questioned about the cause and effect of so many people requesting these days off.

"As we begin to settle into the winter months people begin to develop cold and flu like symptoms. Whilst these symptoms themselves are not contagious, they have a "knock on" effect which can best be described as one yawning when one witnesses another yawning."

When asked if the sick days could be a direct result of the new CoD game being released Dr. Morris laughed and said, "I have no doubt this too will be an added factor in the rising sick days, I have been made aware of this game and I believe it is to be very popular, who knows I may end up collecting a copy for myself at some stage".

Belfast's mayor, Councillor Pat Convery, was also questioned as to what could happen if people where caught calling in sick without reasonable grounds.

"Bussinesses all around Northern Ireland are well aware of this potential crisis, I have advised many with concerns that I will fully back any company that wishes to seek legal action against employees caught faking sickness and potentially costing their bussiness' thousands of pounds per day"

It seems many of Belfast's citizens will not be feeling the call to duty for working over the next three november days.

FWD attachment.

To Mark Lindsay,

Have you read this yet? All the SHO's where sent it a few minutes ago, lucky we got a few days off. You planning on picking it up yet or are you still being a bitch? Here do me a favour, tell Chris to call up tomorrow when you're in I need bloods tested.

Thanks,

Simon McCafferty

P.S,

You're still a bitch even if you do get a copy.

An email I got from my work address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

bahahahahahahaha he's quite right too, yer pretty much the clan bitch, nice to see yer lifes too!

Weird games in Red Faction last night... people kept stealing my kills (especially shovelt00th :pac:). So it looked like I was playing ****e, but I was doing quite well...

Anyway, think I might move the Xbox into the other room (WiFi in the shiny Xbox), so I can use the mic and won't disturb the missus when I'm cursing at the screen.

Looking forward to BO tomorrow, but won't get to play it much for a while :mad: Fecken servers in work are on their last legs...

bahahahahahahaha he's quite right too, yer pretty much the clan bitch, nice to see yer lifes too!

*Slaps Raze*

Get back in that kitchen and don't talk until spoken too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

*Slaps Raze*

If you were a real man, you would have punched him! :D

I couldn't I need him tomorrow to make my meals whilst I play BO, he can't cook if he can't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

An email I got from my work address.

i bet simons a doctor and thats why he's calling you a bitch :D

garv123 wrote: »
    i bet simons a doctor and thats why he's calling you a bitch :D

Haha no hes a medical tech he works with the patients that are on new machines a little below a nurse.

Haha no hes a medical tech he works with the patients that are on new machines a little below a nurse.

About waist high on you? :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

*Slaps Raze*

Bahahahahahahahahahaha god you must love the aninomity of the internet. That'd have you guiloteened in real life ya git!

anyone with a pair of testicles in a hospital is ranked higher than you:D:D:rolleyes:

Can everyone please stop posting on the IRE clan thread, please. He's been trying to get a clan going for the last three months, so let him be and the best of luck to him. Posting on his thread isn't helping him or for that matter advancing the future possibility of inter-boards clan matches, which would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I am having Kinect bought for me as a christmas present. While the reviews are lukewarm overall Im actually looking forward to it. Id say christmas night i'll be hammered and bustin' a move to lady gaga or some crap like that!:eek:
    Seriously the tech geek in me is excited at the prospect of face recognition and motion control. If games are developed with it in mind rather than having Kinect elements tacked on then it could be very interesting to see what can be done. Or it might turn out sh1t!
    Any other clan members getting it? (Come on.Own up.:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I'd like to get kinect but don't really have the room to use it I say and I'll wait till raze buys it so I can test it out at his gaf :p

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

cycocycle wrote: »
    I am having Kinect bought for me as a christmas present. While the reviews are lukewarm overall Im actually looking forward to it. Id say christmas night i'll be hammered and bustin' a move to lady gaga or some crap like that!:eek:
    Seriously the tech geek in me is excited at the prospect of face recognition and motion control. If games are developed with it in mind rather than having Kinect elements tacked on then it could be very interesting to see what can be done. Or it might turn out sh1t!
    Any other clan members getting it? (Come on.Own up.:D)
    You'll be our testing monkey. The more ridiculous you look, the more clan members will want it

You'll be our testing monkey. The more ridiculous you look, the more clan members will want it

it couldnt look as bad as him playing guitar hero after a few bottles of miller:p

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Can everyone please stop posting on the IRE clan thread, please. He's been trying to get a clan going for the last three months, so let him be and the best of luck to him. Posting on his thread isn't helping him or for that matter advancing the future possibility of inter-boards clan matches, which would be fun.
    This is more directed at garv than anyone else :cool:

Couldn't help it.... Googled Mark Lindsay.
    And got this (handsome devil)...
    mark_lindsay.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

garv123 wrote: »
    it couldnt look as bad as him playing guitar hero after a few bottles of miller:p

Hey, nothing wrong with playing guitar hero drunk and looking an eijit, did it myself a fair few times, Just as long as he wasn't singing......

• Advertisement

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    try googling Dr. Mark lind... oh wait..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey, nothing wrong with playing guitar hero drunk and looking an eijit, did it myself a fair few times, Just as long as he wasn't singing......

my earsss:mad::mad::mad:

mark_lindsay.jpg

That fact that you even wish to google me disturbs me greatly.

Wow, you have excellent teeth, mLindsay... suppose all the gays do... ;)

Wow, you have excellent teeth, mLindsay... suppose all the gays do... ;)

I hear gingers are the same ;)

I have a thing for nurses :D

Im afraid to ask..........do you have straight teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i have a big thing for nurses but of the female version as my gfriend is one.so i no mark does fu1k all at work if he is a sho

naughto wrote: »
    i have a big thing for nurses but of the female version as my gfriend is one.so i no mark does fu1k all at work if he is a sho

LOL im not an sho im a spec rgn. although i would gladly take their wage.

• Advertisement

@Raze

Been playing around with the dns stuff a bit. Changed from Google back to some of eircom's own.

Started using dns1.eircom.net [67.215.65.132] and dns2.eircom.net [67.215.65.132]. Ran a few ping commands to those and Google [8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4].

Google dropped a few packets (maybe evey eighth or ninth) and every odd one was quite high. The custom eircom dns above were much more consistent and didn't drop a single packet. Seems to work better for me. I can't prove that it is, it just feels better.

Thought this might interest you. If you need it (or if you care) I'll run those tests again later, and post the actual results.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement