Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    @Raze

Been playing around with the dns stuff a bit. Changed from Google back to some of eircom's own.

Started using dns1.eircom.net [67.215.65.132] and dns2.eircom.net [67.215.65.132]. Ran a few ping commands to those and Google [8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4].

Google dropped a few packets (maybe evey eighth or ninth) and every odd one was quite high. The custom eircom dns above were much more consistent and didn't drop a single packet. Seems to work better for me. I can't prove that it is, it just feels better.

Thought this might interest you. If you need it (or if you care) I'll run those tests again later, and post the actual results.

When playing an online game, DNS isn't actually used by XBL. Data is streamed over a different protocol (DCP) which doesn't require confirmation as to whether the packets were delivered to their destination. Due to this lack of confirmation, it's a faster process than UDP which uses DNS servers. Skype and other VoIP programs also use this type of protocol due to it's lower latency and generally allow for a certain amount of data to be missing from the stream.

Unfortunately, apart from opening the correct ports in your router, there's not much else you can do to enhance your XBL connection :(

When playing an online game, DNS isn't actually used by XBL. Data is streamed over a different protocol (DCP) which doesn't require confirmation as to whether the packets were delivered to their destination. Due to this lack of confirmation, it's a faster process than UDP which uses DNS servers. Skype and other VoIP programs also use this type of protocol due to it's lower latency and generally allow for a certain amount of data to be missing from the stream.

Unfortunately, apart from opening the correct ports in your router, there's not much else you can do to enhance your XBL connection :(

Had a feeling you'd say something along those lines. At least web browsing is faster. Mrs. Uncle Wil is happy about that :rolleyes:

Not that happy...
    Q: What do you do if you're having too much sex with a girl?
    A:
    Marry her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

134874.jpg

garv123 wrote: »
    134874.jpg

LMFAO! Love it.

Where can I get me one of them?

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    LMFAO! Love it.

Where can I get me one of them?

Borrow Shoveltooth's! He's moved on to molesting his cat instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Borrow Shoveltooth's! He's moved on to molesting his cat instead :D
    If anything, the cat was molesting me for my precious €2 chocolate cake

Well, it seems the Homefront single player preview is a major disappointment...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/18/homefront-single-player-preview/

Still early days, four months till release so hopefully enough time to polish it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

cycocycle wrote: »
    I am having Kinect bought for me as a christmas present. While the reviews are lukewarm overall Im actually looking forward to it. Id say christmas night i'll be hammered and bustin' a move to lady gaga or some crap like that!:eek:
    Seriously the tech geek in me is excited at the prospect of face recognition and motion control. If games are developed with it in mind rather than having Kinect elements tacked on then it could be very interesting to see what can be done. Or it might turn out sh1t!
    Any other clan members getting it? (Come on.Own up.:D)

Yea im getting it for Christmas off the girlfriend, she has it and all and its just sitting there... mocking me... because i cant play it till Christmas... bah... should be fun though...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Korvanica wrote: »
    Yea im getting it for Christmas off the girlfriend, she has it and all and its just sitting there... mocking me... because i cant play it till Christmas... bah... should be fun though...

Woo Hoo. Dance Off! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 AlphaBeagle

daftw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

^^^ hahaha brilliant....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

any news on the website front moose.

also on another note do you know how to remove media from your library in tversity

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

How's it goin lad's?

I'm an Irish gamer been looking for ages for a good group to play with on xbox live. I used to be a member of The Wild Rovers clan if any of ye know who they were :P Anyway I saw another topic on boards.ie about ye and though I may be younger than most of you fossils (I kid) at 20 I hope I can join ye. I have really missed having a clan the last couple of years and I think thats why I play xbox less. Hoping to get back into it though like in the good old days :D

My Gamertag is IR1SH RANG3R. Anyway enough about me tell me about you? :D is there any list of your members that I can add off so I can start getting to know people? Everyone please add me as I really want to get back into the online gaming :) Oh I play anything online will soon be buying black ops so I'll have that then but I have a good few games so I'm up for anything! send me a FR and an invite if you see me knocking about.

PS is there a clan tag I can throw into my profile so you guys know its not just a randomer adding ye? :)

List of regular IRL clan members below...

GaRv 123 - Dunworth1 - TheMooseInNam - Shovelt00th - naughtokev - Uncle Wil - Royal 1rish - Cableguy IE - Cycocyle - colinbfmv - FAILSAFE 00 - Raze them all - SimonGruberSays - mlindsay215 - izambard - cusakBOOM - Ravage1616 - m1ju

add a few from that there. we gave up adding people because of them not even accepting our requests so newbies get the adding job.
    most members are on black ops at the moment but since the new battlefield bacompany 2 maps are out some will be heading back to that. ah change your clan tags to IRL in any game and add us and join in.
    theres a black ops thread on here and a battlefield thread for us on here too if u check out the first page in the xbox forum there both on it.
    maybe let them know your adding a few on one of them threads coz thing one tends to die for long spells

Cheers garv, great to be back in a good group of irish gamers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Cheers garv, great to be back in a good group of irish gamers :)

As soon as hes in hes out. He CONGRATULATED the other team for winning. The better team won he said.

Haha that wasn't me that was one of the other lads :)

great game lads exactly what I been looking for. Looking forward to many more games to come :)

great game lads exactly what I been looking for. Looking forward to many more games to come :)

Glad to have you aboard Sir.

is was me coz i was on the other team and i single handedly defeated 6 IRL clan members with my bare hands. ;)

garv123 wrote: »
    is was me coz i was on the other team and i single handedly defeated 6 IRL clan members with my bare hands. ;)

I believe I handed you your ass on a couple of occasions :P

I got very jumpy defending our flag at one point, shot one of my teammates in the face when he snook up behind me :D

• Advertisement

I believe I handed you your ass on a couple of occasions :P

I got very jumpy defending our flag at one point, shot one of my teammates in the face when he snook up behind me :D

handing someones ass only counts when your not in last stand against someone suffering terrible lag:p:p

emptied two clips into royals back tonight and he didnt die only on the third clip did he realise someone was firing at him and turned around :mad:
    didnt notice cyco having any lag 5 mins before when he was on. stupiddd internet

I know we're all waiting for Vietnam but what other multiplayer games are on the radar for Christmas and January. I know I recently posted a list of what's coming up in 2011 but I'm wondering if anything noteworthy is coming out in the next 6-8 weeks?

Plus, I'm bumping this thread since we're running out of them :D

I know we're all waiting for Vietnam but what other multiplayer games are on the radar for Christmas and January. I know I recently posted a list of what's coming up in 2011 but I'm wondering if anything noteworthy is coming out in the next 6-8 weeks?

Plus, I'm bumping this thread since we're running out of them :D
    Red faction 10e in xtravision ;)
    Nothing else good coming out til late january when dead space 2 comes out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,696 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*sigh*

lads can I get a promise from you lot to play nice from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    *sigh*

We tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Red faction 10e in xtravision ;)
    Nothing else good coming out til late january when dead space 2 comes out

How long was it taking to get a match going in Red Faction?

Way way way way off topic but does anyone know what the charge is on overdue games in xtravision? I have COD:BO out an extra week overdue at this stage :P I'd probably have been better buying the damn thing!!

By the way jumping on now for an hour or so if anyones on :D

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    *sigh*

Well you DID ask nice. Oh ok, I proooooomiiiiise. ;)

How long was it taking to get a match going in Red Faction?
    Depends on how many people I can dupe into buying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Depends on how many people I can dupe into buying it
    So,none!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement