Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

For those of you that didn't see the thread "Do You Like Free Games", just letting you know that I had a few games with Cyco and Shovel last night. Have to admit it's a pretty fun game. You can either drive around a desert track in a truck or buggy or man various turrets along the tracks and try and snipe, blast or airstrike your opponents so that your team mate can win.

After getting my ass handed to me last night by both Cyco and Shovel, I decided to get some practice in this morning. I would like to see either of you beat my time on Wasteland now!!! 3.21:51, in your faces :eek:

Considering it's free, I suggest everyone download it and have a bash. Four two-player teams could prove to be mental fun! Think Mario Karts with dune buggies and Tuscan Raiders as teammates and you won't be far wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

For those of you that didn't see the thread "Do You Like Free Games", just letting you know that I had a few games with Cyco and Shovel last night. Have to admit it's a pretty fun game. You can either drive around a desert track in a truck or buggy or man various turrets along the tracks and try and snipe, blast or airstrike your opponents so that your team mate can win.

After getting my ass handed to me last night by both Cyco and Shovel, I decided to get some practice in this morning. I would like to see either of you beat my time on Wasteland now!!! 3.21:51, in your faces :eek:

Considering it's free, I suggest everyone download it and have a bash. Four two-player teams could prove to be mental fun! Think Mario Karts with dune buggies and Tuscan Raiders as teammates and you won't be far wrong :D
    Both of the free games are a good laugh but harms way would be savage with 8 payers.

After the HUGE disappointment of Dragon Rising's multiplayer, Operation Flashpoint Red River has decided to move in a different direction with it's new title in the franchise.

They've removed the standard multiplayer experience and opted for a squad based campaign mode with up to four online squad mates teaming up. They've kept the "realistic" aspect of warfare but toned it down slightly to appeal more to the CoD community.

I refuse to get excited about this title until I read some proper reviews but I'm at least interested enough to keep an open mind... which is a lot considering after playing Dragon Rising, I swore off Codemasters for life, sent numerous hatemails and voodoo sacrificed a chicken in the hope that those responsible would get what's coming to them :D

However, they did make a very cool trailer, if nothing else, it's worth watching for the joy of listening to Mr Johnny Cash in all his awesomeness!

Hadn't played Xbox all week (****load of stuff going on the past week), found myself with some time last night... right in the middle of Black Ops and some idiot decides to slide into the back of my parked car.

Went and got lamped instead after that.

Just letting you guys know in advance that I will be going missing for several months from 11th Nov, 2011...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/11/skyrim-elder-scrolls-5-coming-11-11-11/

• Advertisement

Watching some of the Rooster Teeth clips, had to share this one with you guys!

This one is for Izambard, I just know you'll think he she's hot! ;)

Cyco'll probably love it for the dance moves :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Just letting you guys know in advance that I will be going missing for several months from 11th Nov, 2011...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/11/skyrim-elder-scrolls-5-coming-11-11-11/

Cant ****ing wait!

Cant ****ing wait!

I hope you mean you're looking forward to the game, not me going missing :(

I hope you mean you're looking forward to the game, not me going missing :(
    Either way. Its all good.:D

• Advertisement

cycocycle wrote: »
    Either way. Its all good.:D

Don't you have dance moves to be practicing??? :D

Don't you have dance moves to be practicing??? :D

Don,t need practice. Raw natural talent will get me through!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Ok so as many of you know Im still new to the xbox (iv had it about 3 weeks).

so far I have

Need for speed Hot pursuit - 60% finished I'll trade it in when I finish it
    Black Ops - long way to go Im still 1st prestige

so what other games are absolute essentials? Is Battlefield too similar to Black Ops? which is better? Need to build up my collection so what do you guys think are the best?

bubbleking wrote: »

so far I have

so what other games are absolute essentials? Is Battlefield too similar to Black Ops? which is better? Need to build up my collection so what do you guys think are the best?

• Battlefield Bad Company 2: It's a first person shooter, so similar to Black Ops in that way. However, unlike it Black Ops where you are a lone wolf type on relatively small maps. BC2 is based around playing as part of a four man squad and playing your role within that squad while a much larger scale war is going on around you. In my opinion, it's the best FPS ever released on the 360.
    • Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Both of these games are like huge FPS/RPG games. If you like getting lost in other worlds, adventures, quests and exploring... not to mention character building etc., either or both of these games will have to be in your collection.
    In BC2, it'll take aprox 450 hours to reach level 50 in the multiplayer (don't even bother with the single player, it's not great) and both Fallout 3 and Oblivion will take up over 100 hours each of off-line play! Do you have time for any other games??? ;)

• Battlefield Bad Company 2: It's a first person shooter, so similar to Black Ops in that way. However, unlike it Black Ops where you are a lone wolf type on relatively small maps. BC2 is based around playing as part of a four man squad and playing your role within that squad while a much larger scale war is going on around you. In my opinion, it's the best FPS ever released on the 360.
    • Fallout 3 or Oblivion. Both of these games are like huge FPS/RPG games. If you like getting lost in other worlds, adventures, quests and exploring... not to mention character building etc., either or both of these games will have to be in your collection.
    In BC2, it'll take aprox 450 hours to reach level 50 in the multiplayer (don't even bother with the single player, it's not great) and both Fallout 3 and Oblivion will take up over 100 hours each of off-line play! Do you have time for any other games??? ;)

wow thats pretty cool - looks like im going to have to get BC2 so. I love games that have lots of game play - my favourite game ever has to be Final Fantasy VII on the PS - that was just 200 hours of excellence back in the day.

Im doing a research masters at the mo so have plenty of free time but I'm due to start medicine next Sept so that may change :(

would I "get" fallout 3 and Oblivion if Iv missed the earlier games in the franchise?

so far I have

For Multiplayer nothing comes close to BFBC2 not even black ops which has been taking up my time recently.

Single Player-

Batman Arkham Asylum
    Bioshock
    Assassins Creed 2
    GTA 4
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dead Space
    Forza 3

Any of the above games will provide many hours of quality gaming and most can be had for small money second hand.
    I had a love/hate relationship with both Oblivion and Fallout. I love the scope and excellent stories but I hate the grind of levelling up and slow paced combat.
    Some (most)people would probably put Halo 3/Reach in there as well but I personally dont like them so they are obviously not good games!:DThe brightly coloured enemies and weapons makes them feel like you are fighting a battle in Willy Wonkas factory or a cartoon world!

P.S. before Shoveltooth come in there are two free games on XBL "Dorritos Crash Course" and "Harms Way". Insanely addictive and as mentioned FREE!

so far I have

NFS:HP is an excellent game. Pity it's a little overlooked. And people don't join games when you send them an invite (*hint hint*).

While CoD is very exciting, BC2 is just epic. It takes a little time to adjust to the slower pace, but it's a far more solid game. How's this: if BC2 is your wife, CoD is her slutty sister. :D

Also have a look at Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect (1 & 2), Borderlands,

Don't forget about Arcade games: Shadow Complex, After Burner Climax, Perfect Dark, Monday Night Combat
    wow thats pretty cool - looks like im going to have to get BC2 so. I love games that have lots of game play - my favourite game ever has to be Final Fantasy VII on the PS - that was just 200 hours of excellence back in the day.
    Get this version.
    Im doing a research masters at the mo so have plenty of free time but I'm due to start medicine next Sept so that may change :(
    LMFAO... my masters took over my life when I did it.
    would I "get" fallout 3 and Oblivion if Iv missed the earlier games in the franchise?
    Fallout 3, it definitely doesn't matter. Pretty sure Oblivion would be fine too.

Uncle Wil wrote: »
    How's this: if BC2 is your wife, CoD is her slutty sister. :D

This is probably the most accurate comparison I have ever read, however since the slutty sister came to town I feel like a sex addict and I'm not sure I can let go. I think I need rehab.

EDIT: In regards to oblivion, it's like starting a brand new game, other than a few of the books refering back to previous games you won't miss anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

If your going xbox arcade games Limbo and Trails HD,explosion man.

Single players other than what has beeen mentioned
    Saints Row 1+2 both should be cheap they would be like Grand Theft Auto.
    Fable 2 again should be cheap at the moment.
    Crackdown a bit dated now but still a good game.
    Red faction which is only ten euro in Xtravision and is a good single player there is also someone who plays the multiplayer of this as well.

Thanks lads,

@ Uncle Wil - sorry I didn't join yesterday I was having an epic battle with some French guy who I was pwning pretty hard. It was funny getting abused in french - "Blah blah blah Noob blah blah blah"

@ cableguy - iv finished harms way and Iv nearly finished crash course. I just want 100% so I can move on.

So when are you all moving back to BC2?? will that be the death of BO? I need to level up fast so :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Thanks lads,

@ Uncle Wil - sorry I didn't join yesterday I was having an epic battle with some French guy who I was pwning pretty hard. It was funny getting abused in french - "Blah blah blah Noob blah blah blah"

@ cableguy - iv finished harms way and Iv nearly finished crash course. I just want 100% so I can move on.

So when are you all moving back to BC2?? will that be the death of BO? I need to level up fast so :cool:

yes it will :D vietnam will be unrealllllllllllllll..
    id suggest picking up bfbc2 but if you see it second hand make sure its a 10er cheaper than new. beacuse you must buy vip codes to unlock alot of the maps.(essential) vietnam will be more money again but we all have to pay for that

garv123 wrote: »
    yes it will :D vietnam will be unrealllllllllllllll..
    id suggest picking up bfbc2 but if you see it second hand make sure its a 10er cheaper than new. beacuse you must buy vip codes to unlock alot of the maps.(essential) vietnam will be more money again but we all have to pay for that

so how long before the big move?

so how long before the big move?

soooooooooooon, im not sure how soon but soooooooon :D
    to prestige use lightweight and marathon and tac insertion. get near their base and plant it in a good place. then spawn and run for the flag. each time you touch it you get 100 points + the odd attacker kills and repeat.

garv123 wrote: »
    soooooooooooon, im not sure how soon but soooooooon :D
    to prestige use lightweight and marathon and tac insertion. get near their base and plant it in a good place. then spawn and run for the flag. each time you touch it you get 100 points + the odd attacker kills and repeat.

yeah thats what iv been doing lately. only 13.5 prestige levels to go :pac:

I doubt Black Ops will die but I feel that once the clan plays a few games of BC2 again, they'll remember exactly how epic it is again. I believe Black Ops will become to naughty little secret that we'll play when there's not enough clan members on to squad up.

Get Bad Company 2 today, buy a new copy so you get the free VIP pass which gets you seven map packs for free.

I'll be on BC2 with capasso1 from 9pm tonight, till late. After about five hours of playing over the weekend, I've re-mastered the M24, M9 and the M416. Need to work on the Medic and Engineer classes now.

Although there's nothing quite like getting a headshot as a Recon on a fast moving target (especially quad or humvee drivers!) at around 300-400m... having to allow for bullet drop and timing the bullet's distance to match the targets expected location on arrival... it makes you feel strong like bull ;)

I wont be getting BC2 till next week because I have stuff that needs doing in work this week. It also gives me time to hyper level up in BO

there just isn't enough time in the day :(

I doubt Black Ops will die but I feel that once the clan plays a few games of BC2 again, they'll remember exactly how epic it is again. I believe Black Ops will become to naughty little secret that we'll play when there's not enough clan members on to squad up.

Get Bad Company 2 today, buy a new copy so you get the free VIP pass which gets you seven map packs for free.

I'll be on BC2 with capasso1 from 9pm tonight, till late. After about five hours of playing over the weekend, I've re-mastered the M24, M9 and the M416. Need to work on the Medic and Engineer classes now.

Although there's nothing quite like getting a headshot as a Recon on a fast moving target (especially quad or humvee drivers!) at around 300-400m... having to allow for bullet drop and timing the bullet's distance to match the targets expected location on arrival... it makes you feel strong like bull ;)

and of course picking fellas off on a parachute on port valdez whilst defending at the map of the map. trying to judge bullet drop, the angle their parachuting in at, their drop by the time the bullet reaches, temperature, wind speed and of course the Coriolis Effect... get all this right and score a headshot its just brilliant :D

Nah it won't be the death of black ops, I think it will be a steady mix of BFBC2 and BO until Feb then everyone will migrate back to BO :P

Nah it won't be the death of black ops, I think it will be a steady mix of BFBC2 and BO until Feb then everyone will migrate back to BO :P

You mean Battlefield 3, obviously... or Ghost Recon Future Soldier, maybe... or possibly Homefront, although unlikely... Crysis...

Could it be that you don't want to give up your place on the BO HCTF leaderboard, even though you prefer BC2??? ;)

• Advertisement

You mean Battlefield 3, obviously... or Ghost Recon Future Soldier, maybe... or possibly Homefront, although unlikely... Crysis...

Could it be that you don't want to give up your place on the BO HCTF leaderboard, even though you prefer BC2??? ;)

February? BF3? The beta possibly, but not the game silly :P. I won't be using the beta anyway unless I don't need the MoH disc. I'e neer played a console beta before so I'm not sure what happens.

Not a fan of the GR saga, loved the first one for the playstation 2, but thats as far as my love goes. Homefront definitly not, got some pretty terrible reviews, whats in homefront thats not in battlefield. Destructable buildings? Oh wait...........

I don't think I really need to comment on Crysis........

Indeed I do prefer BC2, hands down, no doubt, hell I reckon in the amount of time we will play vietnam I'll *eventually* hit 50. However, I've gone from MW2 - super fast paced action at which i sucked balls.
    BFBC2 - Much slower, team orientated and I was only good with the GOL or M95 and the M1911.
    CoD: BO - Much faster that BC2 but slower than MW2, variety of guns that don't require huge amounts of skill to wield. Forget the leaderboard that was a novelty when I was ranked 2nd, now it's all about the prestige.

I guess I'll just have to wait until vietnam, explore it for a day and conquer it during the weeks that ensue, I just feel as if I've played the hell out of BFBC2, I mean from it's release to about a month before BO we all played it solid, (some of you might have disapeared to RDR for a while). BO is a refreshing change of pace to which most of the clan excel at.

Reminds me of a popular term used in a hospital in London, "If they ain't broken, don't fix em."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement