Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

The cisco modem with built in wireless. I'm a complete novice when it comes to modem and router set ups. I can log into my modem/router but as for altering the settings I'm clueless.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you are getting a false reading from pingtest.net with regards to your packet loss and also for your general speeds.

Did you try using www.irishisptest.com/myspeed.php ? Try that one and post the detailed anaylsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

The cisco modem with built in wireless. I'm a complete novice when it comes to modem and router set ups. I can log into my modem/router but as for altering the settings I'm clueless.

In that case the reason you are seeing the high packet loss is because of the Cisco boxes ip flood protection.
    You can turn this off somewhere in the settings and you should stop seeing the high packet loss

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    In that case the reason you are seeing the high packet loss is because of the Cisco boxes ip flood protection.
    You can turn this off somewhere in the settings and you should stop seeing the high packet loss

Thanks chap, from reading this and from the Moose's last post (and doing a little bit of further research) I established that I was definitely getting a false reading from pingtest (Moose sorted me out with another isp test site).

Here's some lovely cake to show my appreciation.
    what-a-lovely-birthday-cake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

That's nice of izambard to share some of his birthday cake

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

That's nice of izambard to share some of his birthday cake

I'm so sorry shoveltooth for leaving you out. I deserved that I really did so I made this for you!

wendy%2Bb-lw-dead%2Bto%2Bus.jpg

I'm getting everyone to sign the card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

About 4 hours in and Im not bored yet anyway. The visuals and story are top notch,the combat is a bit of a button masher(for me anyway). The levels are structured as a series of puzzles which are designed to be just challenging enough without being frustrating. Overall its very good and worthy of a purchase.

Moose you might find this interesting if your still thinking about a clan site http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056055675

cycocycle wrote: »
    About 4 hours in and Im not bored yet anyway. The visuals and story are top notch,the combat is a bit of a button masher(for me anyway). The levels are structured as a series of puzzles which are designed to be just challenging enough without being frustrating. Overall its very good and worthy of a purchase.

Em..... no.

The structured levels actually work quite well, and I enjoy those parts (a lot). But the combat is just dire.

You have a block that doesn't block, evades that don't evade, a shield that doesn't shield, attacks that are like throwing pebbles at the Spire and the camera seems like it's actually programmed to give the worst possible view of the enemies that are raping you.

Almost bought it, went for a rent instead. Damn glad I did. I'll stick with it though, stubborn ass that I am. Hope it gets better, but I don't think it will.

Ace Hole wrote: »
    Em..... no.

The structured levels actually work quite well, and I enjoy those parts (a lot). But the combat is just dire.

You have a block that doesn't block, evades that don't evade, a shield that doesn't shield, attacks that are like throwing pebbles at the Spire and the camera seems like it's actually programmed to give the worst possible view of the enemies that are raping you.

Almost bought it, went for a rent instead. Damn glad I did. I'll stick with it though, stubborn ass that I am. Hope it gets better, but I don't think it will.
    I did say that the combat was a less than fluid affair. I dont think its a game breaker like Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising whose gameplay was so broken that it was almost unplayable. Enslaved is far from perfect but the combat does improve as you level up and the need for pin point accuracy in your positioning before you can make a jump also becomes less of an issue with time. The camera had one or two moments of madness but nothing that affected the overall experience for me.
    I,m enjoying this and am interested in how it pans out story wise. Which is more than could be said for Halo Reach which almost put me to sleep after 10 minutes and was traded within a week! And thats a game which is already being touted as one of the greatest of all time.
    (long story short,Im right everyone else is wrong!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Guess who sold their soul to the Devil :D:D:D
    Just to make you cry a bit here's my stat's :P
    25681335.png

Would be better again if I didn't go through my linksys..

• Advertisement

the combat does improve as you level up and the need for pin point accuracy in your positioning before you can make a jump also becomes less of an issue with time.
    I genuinely hope so, I really want to like this game, but the minor gripes for you are major gripes with me. Fussy bastard that I am. :rolleyes:
    But like I said, the level structure is actually quite good (reminds me of parts of Half-Life 2 or Portal)
    I,m enjoying this and am interested in how it pans out story wise.
    Pretty much the only reason I'm still playing it...
    more than could be said for Halo Reach which almost put me to sleep after 10 minutes and was traded within a week! And thats a game which is already being touted as one of the greatest of all time.
    With you on this one. The Halo series just went stale; we've played Halo Reach before, just with different levels.
    I had planned on trading Halo Reach for Enslaved (then Enslaved for Medal of Honor). Went rental instead, and trading Reach for Medal of Honor on Friday.
    long story short,Im right everyone else is wrong!:D
    You sound just like my wife. Although, she quite likes the game:

"How do I play this game?"
    Mash the buttons, dear. And then go make me a sandwich.

On the subject of trading, I brought some games into Gamestop.The final value was e67. I asked for Enslaved and for the balance to be put against MOH. The guy informed me that if i pre order the special edition (with Battlefield 3 beta) I would get 25% extra for my trade. So the final value of my trade was e84. Handy as I only have to call in next Friday for MOH. I should be finished Enslaved by then so I can trade that for COD. Gamestop are having a midnight opening to accomodate the launch of COD.:rolleyes:

On the subject of trading, I brought some games into Gamestop.The final value was e67. I asked for Enslaved and for the balance to be put against MOH. The guy informed me that if i pre order the special edition (with Battlefield 3 beta) I would get 25% extra for my trade. So the final value of my trade was e84. Handy as I only have to call in next Friday for MOH. I should be finished Enslaved by then so I can trade that for COD. Gamestop are having a midnight opening to accomodate the launch of COD.:rolleyes:

I know! I did this too. Bought Reach in Tesco (complete impluse purchase!) for €45, traded it in to Gamestop within two weeks for €45 + 25% bonus = aprox €56... total cost of MoH -€1 :D:D:D

Roll on next Friday!!! Anyone know if Gamestop are doing a midnight opening for it?

Bought Reach in Tesco (complete impluse purchase!)
    Standing outside of Tesco for 12 hours in a Master Chief costume is not an impulse purchase.:D:D:D
    1284525056-72.jpg

Standing outside of Tesco for 12 hours in a Master Chief costume is not an impulse purchase.:D:D:D
    1284525056-72.jpg

Where would I get one of those outfits for an upcoming fancydress that I have to go to??? I'd love to see the faces on all the usual Elvis's, priest's and William Wallace's if I walked in wearing that outfit :D:D:D

I know! I did this too. Bought Reach in Tesco (complete impluse purchase!) for €45, traded it in to Gamestop within two weeks for €45 + 25% bonus = aprox €56... total cost of MoH -€1 :D:D:D

Roll on next Friday!!! Anyone know if Gamestop are doing a midnight opening for it?

Looks like I may get the Special Edition too :D
    Any excuse really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

from watching some of the promo's on youtube medal of honor doesnt look great but i just saw an add for it on teli there and it looked brilliant. of course it wasnt game footage though

garv123 wrote: »
    from watching some of the promo's on youtube medal of honor doesnt look great but i just saw an add for it on teli there and it looked brilliant. of course it wasnt game footage though

Just saw that ad too. If MoH delivers half of what I think it will, this game is going to be epic! Dice did pretty much everything that was recommended after the beta testers were finished with it. I think this could turn out to be a very well polished multiplayer. I'm making no plans for next weekend :D

here my test from pingtest.net

seen as everyone else was doing it

25784105.png

and heres a speed test
    985254690.png

Where would I get one of those outfits for an upcoming fancydress that I have to go to??? I'd love to see the faces on all the usual Elvis's, priest's and William Wallace's if I walked in wearing that outfit :D:D:D
    A little pricey!
    http://www.buycostumes.com/Halo-3-Master-Chief-Supreme-Edition-Adult-Costume/33210/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=AFC-datafeed&AID=10273928&PID=3569324

• Advertisement

do you mean going trick or treating with your gf for halloween?:p:p

For anyone looking for a cheap set of wireless surround sound Turtle Beach headphones, check this out on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-X4-Wireless-5-1-Dolby-Headphones-/280573196541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item41537738fd

These are x4's, not x41's. I have both and the difference between isn't worth talking about. Highly recommended!

MoH Gameplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

the pc lads don't seem to be liking it

The COD multiplayer "wager" game modes

Good vids. I'm not convinced it's changed enough from MW2 to keep my interest after a few weeks, like BFBC2. It also looks very similar to MoH. I wonder which I'll prefer... I'm guessing MoH but you never know!

im liking the wager mode. nothing else really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'll be skipping both tbh. next pick up(for non gamescore whoring) will prob be fable 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement