Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Good vids. I'm not convinced it's changed enough from MW2 to keep my interest after a few weeks, like BFBC2. It also looks very similar to MoH. I wonder which I'll prefer... I'm guessing MoH but you never know!

in the end they're both prob going to be full off camping nooooooooobs
    who'll do nothing but scream. spesh cod cos its like an add on to mw2

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I think the wager matches will be excellent for matches within the clan. Especially the pistol and knife one.;) The fact that you are wagering in game currency will add an extra element of tension. Could be deadly and at least they are trying something different other than standard deathmatch or capture the flag modes.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I'll be skipping both tbh. next pick up(for non gamescore whoring) will prob be fable 3
    You and colin seem to be on a gamescoring rampage.
    Not that you'll ever surpass my gamerscore :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ha ha ha not rampage....we just get bored. He's much worse than me, he gets games then hides them so i can't play them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Ha ha ha not rampage....we just get bored. He's much worse than me, he gets games then hides them so i can't play them!

Teasing, I've read, is standard in homesexual relationships. Delighted for you both that you've finally come out of the closet.

Raze, just don't bring it up during the interview... you'll end up in the TA :D

• Advertisement

Teasing, I've read, is standard in homesexual relationships. Delighted for you both that you've finally come out of the closet.

Raze, just don't bring it up during the interview... you'll end up in the TA :D
    Ha ha piss off, he got prince of persia one day, played it for the night Gs of like 890 from it, now it's disappeared.

Me in the army will consist of me doing rekki courses if I get in. One of my mates is off to norway for a month for rekkie training soon, lucky git.

Well... just finished Enslaved. Not a bad game. Not great, but not bad either.

First third is a bit ****e, up to the last level it starts getting good. Last level is pants. And the ending is just pure bollocks, especially for a story driven game. They fluffed it a bit at the end.

Ace Hole wrote: »
    Well... just finished Enslaved. Not a bad game. Not great, but not bad either.

First third is a bit ****e, up to the last level it starts getting good. Last level is pants. And the ending is just pure bollocks, especially for a story driven game. They fluffed it a bit at the end.
    Haven't been able to get near it since Friday. I just got out of the city and am about to start chapter 6.Hopefully I should get it finished by Wednesday or Thursday. I played it on normal , won't be replaying it so I'll trade it against something else.
    Then it will be MoH for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Medal of honor review

As posted elsewhere by heebusjeebus

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=269047

Medal of honor review

As posted elsewhere by heebusjeebus

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=269047

"In particular, its biggest triumphs are the storyline-driven Combat Missions, where teams of 12 duke it out in epic battles that sweep across the Afghan terrain. We're big fans of Battlefield's equivalent Rush mode, but we appreciate that the patience and teamwork required makes it difficult to get into unless you're playing with a squadron of friends."

I'm sold!

I, for one, am glad it's not an exact replica of CoD. As for the campaign single player, I'll only play it once, then online only.

• Advertisement

I'm not exactly bursting with anticipation after reading this review to be honest. The reviewers opinion seems to be that's solid enough without being brilliant in any area. Because the multiplayer looks so generic I was banking on a top notch campaign mode to redeem it. It doesn't look too hot on that front either.
    Between MoH and CoD it's CoD that I'm mostly looking forward to as I feel Treyarch are really pushing the boat out to outdo Infinity Ward and MW2.
    I don't see either of them topping BFBC2 and if DICE were to release a proper map pack with NEW maps I wouldn't buy MoH or CoD!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I'm looking forward to Fable 3 as well. I've been ploughing through Mass Effect 2 lately. At lvl 26 at the minute and about 46/59 achievements I think. The DLC has been great especially the latest installment Lair of the Shadow Broker.

That review of MoH seems intriging. "Rush" mode in BFBC2 is one of the best multiplayer experencies in any shooter out there. If they can top that in MoH, I'll be getting it.

Finally, Joystiq posted a review of MoH. Very good single player, has some issues but seems to be worthy of playing. The multiplayer, they don't believe is as good as CoD. What interests me is, if I don't like CoD for an assortment of reasons, will I like MoH? That hasn't been answered and probaby won't be until I play it on Friday.

From what I can gather, it's definitely a game to add to the collection but whether it's a game that will hold my interest like BC2, I have my reservations.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/medal-of-honor-review/

I know reviews can be highly subjective and what one person loves another will hate. So with that in mind this review is not at all encouraging.
    http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_11936/Medal_of_Honor_Review
    Medal of Honor is the result of two developers and two completely different games, each of which feel disconnected from the other and end up weakening the overall package. Not so much that you shouldn't play it, but enough for it to be pointed out and to dock the score. The top strength of Medal of Honor is in the single-player campaign, and Danger Close has done an incredible job of putting together a tribute to the Special Forces community, honoring their many sacrifices and daily dangers. The same can't be said for the effort DICE has put forth with multiplayer, as it feels unpolished and in some regards unbalanced and unfinished. We aren’t completely not-recommending Medal of Honor but came away a bit disappointed by the entire offering, here’s hoping that Call of Duty: Black Ops, coming in November, can fill that need for amazing multiplayer gaming.
    I have it paid for so I,ll be tackling it first thing Friday morning but its not looking good.:(

The review on Giant Bomb is worse again giving it 3 out of 5!
    http://www.giantbomb.com/medal-of-honor/61-29336/reviews/

cycocycle wrote: »
    I know reviews can be highly subjective and what one person loves another will hate. So with that in mind this review is not at all encouraging.
    http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_11936/Medal_of_Honor_Review

I have it paid for so I,ll be tackling it first thing Friday morning but its not looking good.:(

Yeah, I'll be picking it up first thing (or at midnight if they're doing a midnight launch). Made no plans for Friday so will join you for some multiplayer around lunchtime-ish once I have the campaign finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

When is it being released ?

When is it being released ?

MOH
    Offically this friday 15th Oct some people are hoping for a Thursday midnight opening but if a midnight opening is happening they are keeping it very quite.

will join you for some multiplayer around lunchtime-ish.

Care to place a bet on how long it takes us to get pissed off and head on to BF?:D

Care to place a bet on how long it takes us to get pissed off and head on to BF?:D

The thing about this is that for the first few days a lot of people will be playing this unfortunatly the law of averages would suggest that there would be a fair few obnoxious people on it until they get bored and go back to playing whatever they were before hand. So depending if you find these people you could be back playing bf2 with Shoveltooth on Saturday. Now which is worse :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i dont really bother much with reviews normally if someone i know has it i'll ask them what its like then decide weather or not to get it but in this case its the name

i'll be picking my copy up at around 4pm will most likely come home have my dinner then have a go at the campaign for a while then onto multiplayer.

not making any plan for the weekend so should get to play a good bit

• Advertisement

The thing about this is that for the first few days a lot of people will be playing this unfortunatly the law of averages would suggest that there would be a fair few obnoxious people on it until they get bored and go back to playing whatever they were before hand. So depending if you find these people you could be back playing bf2 with Shoveltooth on Saturday. Now which is worse :D:D:D:D
    I dont find Moose to be onoxious enough to make me want to play with Shoveltooth!:D
    He wont be alone though,Garv is not buying MoH either. Come to think of it he has never actually bought a game in his life ,hungry b:pac:stard!:D

He wont be alone though,Garv is not buying MoH either. Come to think of it he has never actually bought a game in his life ,hungry b:pac:stard!:D

Well at least Garv won't be able to stab me then.:D

Think it was on the other BFBC2 thread that I mentioned this before. Well, after a visit to my local optician yesteday, I found out that I have virtually perfect vision and no retinal damage (which was pretty cool looking at scanned images of my retina).

Ignoring the idea that I have either mild epilepsy or a tumour in my head, I may just be sensitive to glare and/or blue light. This has always been easily combated when outside, polaroid sunglasses do the trick nicely but I do feel a bit of a prat on overcast days (when there's a strong glare to the sky).

Anyway, wearing sunglasses is a small price to pay for not getting a whopper of a headache and having to sit in a dark room for several hours. However, not so easily remedied when sitting at my pc/laptop or console was bringing on similar symptoms: tired, itchy or dry eyes, soreness and/or headaches.

So after much web thrawling, thanks google, I've decided to invest in a set of Gunnar Optiks - eSport PPK glasses. I ordered them from ebay last night. I made the retailer an offer of $70 for them with $9 delivery, which worked out at €60 including delivery and he accepted. God knows how long they'll take to arrive from the US mail service.

I'm not convinced these glasses will do everything they claim to but for €60, I willing to give it a shot. Besides, my girlfriend understands that I can be in a lot of discomfort and has promised not to dump me due to wearing them, she even picked out the style of frame for me.
    ppk-onyx.png
    On a positive note about the glasses, the general feedback from reviewers is good. They always seem skeptical at first but nearly always seem to be won over by them. Regardless, within a short time I'll be able to give my own review.

here's a link to them: http://www.gunnars.com/remix/esport_ppk.php#

Well, these arrived yesterday morning. I spent most of yesterday on the pc and nearly all today. My eyes haven't been sore and no headaches. So far, so good. This weekend, with MoH, will be the test of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I dont find Moose to be onoxious enough to make me want to play with Shoveltooth!:D

i bought saints row:D

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i dont really bother much with reviews normally if someone i know has it i'll ask them what its like then decide weather or not to get it but in this case its the name

i'll be picking my copy up at around 4pm will most likely come home have my dinner then have a go at the campaign for a while then onto multiplayer.

not making any plan for the weekend so should get to play a good bit

Am the same about waiting to hear from others what its like, so I will more than likely wait to hear what all you's say about the multiplayer before purchasing, so it will be battlefield until Sunday or Monday for me. Command and Conquer isnt going near my xbox again. Damn head wrecking game.

Well at least Garv won't be able to stab me then.:D

That f@cker would stab ya while your still in the xbox dashboard :pac:

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i dont really bother much with reviews normally if someone i know has it i'll ask them what its like then decide weather or not to get it
    Thats okay up to a point but it depends who you ask. Take Halo:Reach for instance. If you asked me if it was any good I'd have said its terrible. 99% of the rest of the Xbox gaming community would tell you that it was one of the best games ever. Obviously my opinion would be the correct one (as it always is!) but it just goes to show. Opinions are like assholes.Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

I see one problem with that resoning Cyco...I don't know anybody who thinks you're an opinion....

Thats okay up to a point but it depends who you ask. Take Halo:Reach for instance. If you asked me if it was any good I'd have said its terrible. 99% of the rest of the Xbox gaming community would tell you that it was one of the best games ever. Obviously my opinion would be the correct one (as it always is!) but it just goes to show. Opinions are like assholes.Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

I totally agree. I don't take reviews at face value. Especially when you're talking about a challenger to the multi-million-earner CoD franchise. The people making these reviews aren't always unbiased either, especially some of the main websites.

Take Bad Company 2, for example. It didn't get a rave reviews and it took a few weeks for people to realise how to play the mutliplayer properly. I'd say I was Rank 20-25 before I felt "comfortable" playing it! Which was around the same time I started playing with you guys, so I think it was the squad element that got me hooked. I like the idea of 12 v 12 rush type gameplay. I suppose I hope that this will be like a CQB version of BC2, I suspect it is.

Here's some quotes that I found interesting and eases my mind:

"The multiplayer is excellent, offering a solid structure which encourages you to improve your skills and rewards effort with enhanced equipments and rank. Ultimately, Medal of Honor combines a decent single-player mode with a superb online component, but we're not entirely sure this package is going to be enough to drag people away from the still popular Modern Warfare 2, or the newly-launched Halo Reach."

"The Multiplayer is a different beast... ...Multiplayer is fun and fast-paced, and the gunplay occupies an interesting gray area between the twitchy shooting of Modern Warfare and the more strategic use of terrain and positioning of Bad Company 2.

But it clearly leans more toward the latter than the former – players who have spent a good amount of time with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 1943 in the last year will have a much easier time acclimating to things than Modern Warfare players will. Weapons aren't point-and-shoot. You'll need to learn each gun's particular quirks, whether they be accuracy in close and at range, how important center mass is to scoring kills, and how many kills you can pull off before reloading. There's a constant juggling of factors involved. However, Battlefield players will need to adjust to much faster combat. Also, sniper rifles can work effectively at short range as bolt-action rifles, which is going to surprise unsuspecting assault classes"

• Advertisement

We will see on Friday one way or another how good it is. In the meantime I need to finish Enslaved or else it will go on to the 'must play' pile never to be seen or heard from again!
    I see one problem with that resoning Cyco...I don't know anybody who thinks you're an opinion....

128823733865799914.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement