Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

If MOH turns out to be pants, you can always trade it in for Fallout nv or black ops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

funny-facebook-xbox.png?w=500&h=231

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

If MOH turns out to be pants, you can always trade it in for Fallout nv or black ops
    This I fear is looking extremely likely! I've decided against reading any more reviews of this game as I'll be playing it any way and I dont want to have any preconceptions of it

cycocycle wrote: »
    This I fear is looking extremely likely! I've decided against reading any more reviews of this game as I'll be playing it any way and I dont want to have any preconceptions of it

Not looking good for MoH at all...

Pity, I was looking forward to it. But we'll see on Friday how it is.

1460569-Yeah_yeah_very_funny-Limerick.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

garv your here and i think should now relise that it isnt half as bad as people say it is

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

dunworth1 wrote: »
    garv your here and i think should now relise that it isnt half as bad as people say it is

gta-limerick.jpg

8i not even going to bother anymore with things like this you dont live here so you dont knw what its like.

i have livied here all my life i know what is it like to live here.
    just bcause the meia has shown limerick as a bad place dosent mean it is
    you will have crime in any major city thats just the way thingsd work

dunworth1 wrote: »
    8i not even going to bother anymore with things like this you dont live here so you dont knw what its like.

i have livied here all my life i know what is it like to live here.
    just bcause the meia has shown limerick as a bad place dosent mean it is
    you will have crime in any major city thats just the way thingsd work

i saw more pikeys in passing threw tip town on the way home than i did around limerick. (excluding the pikeys that pass daily on their horses ) until i went into the city. now god thats a scary place:p:p

the aim of the pic was to wind dunworth up. mission complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I nearly picked up MoH today in Newry. I was in HMV and asked some young one was it in yet and she got me a copy and scanned it, I was just handing her 40 quid until some guy stopped her. I think he was the manager. Damn.

I decided anyway am going to pick it up friday morning and complete the single player that day, then move onto online play friday night. Whos gonna help me kill some Taliban Terry ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i finish at 1 on fridays so i hope to get it then i dont know how long ill play it till the multiplyer starts calling prob not long.

heres some more MOH multiplayer footage with dice

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/13/medal-of-honor-part-1-fallen-angel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Seriously not sure if I'll be picking it up now, it's getting trashed in reviews up here. Alot of them are saying it's a modern remake of MW2 and it looks exactly that but with WaW score system.

I dunno I'll wait till I hear what you guys think before I buy it.

A company called Edge, one of the most famous game critics in America (who are VERY good and very fair) rated MoH 6/10. Here's what they said,

"In its campaign mode, MOH is almost a paean to the decency of US military personnel – even if it pointedly saves its admiration for the troops on the ground rather than those commanding the forces from afar. In fact, it is so keen to exonerate the soldiers themselves, who all operate with the utmost virtue, that it comes across with the forceful naivety of propaganda…. Whatever its bias or excisions, MOH rejects the sort of gung-ho globetrotting baloney seen in Modern Warfare, and makes an honest attempt not to trivialise the lives of US soldiers, creating an air of sober authenticity which is unusual among shooters…. MOH is a robust, if seldom surprising, rebuttal to MW2’s dominance, and its measured tone and diligent observation of military patter make it a marginally more meaningful representation of modern warfare itself. However it's multiplayer gives the feeling that more is to come, yet the player is left feeling as though they are missing something during gameplay, suffice it to say that MoH's online capabilites fall short to that of MW2 and BFBC2, and many players will find themselves bored and returning to their previous FPS before the release of MoH."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Just thrawled the EA/MoH forums. If you ignore all the MW2 fanboys, which there's millions of them on it giving out, and read through the other posts, there's a lot of disgust out there at the poor reviews the game got. Especially against IGN, who seem to have given it the worst review.

General opinion (ex-MW2 fanboys) is that the game is pretty good and the multiplayer is a lot of fun but is definitely not MW2 with it's perks, killstreaks and million weapons! Which is a good thing, right? I played MW2 yesterday for three or four hardcore TDM games and took it out of the drive because I found it so annoying. I did fairly well, decent score and K/D ratio in each game but 90% of the guys I shot were sat in corners camping, 30% of those were actually prone on the ground while camping. I felt like I was the only guy running and gunning on any of the maps. F**k that s**t, I don't mind dealing with snipers but everyone camping was ridiculous!!!

My guess is that MoH is actually going to be a decent game. It needs to be judged on it's own merits and have people stop comparing it to MW2 and BC2 and judge it as Dice's new twist on an FPS and see how it pans out tomorrow.

i wonder if they made it realistic and allow you to kill the hostages you're trying to save and say you thought the only non armed tied up non terrorist was about to shoot you?

My guess is that MoH is actually going to be a decent game. It needs to be judged on it's own merits and have people stop comparing it to MW2 and BC2 and judge it as Dice's new twist on an FPS and see how it pans out tomorrow.

But that have to compare it, any good game worth it's salt can withstand the test of comparisons, look at BFBC2 reviews against MW2 and how well it did.

For a game to be compared to a gaint and already famous brand such as MW2 and BFBC2 is a compliment in itself, however you can tell a game has truely surpassed it's predecesors when people are throwing out reviews saying the current game has surpassed the past one (In this case MoH against MW2/BFBC2).

When MW2 came out it was compared to BF and MW1, and a whole other host of games and it did extremely well against the critics, as did BFBC2.

The fact is MoH's campaign looks very promising and nearly all the critics have agreed it is what it is. The multiplayer justs seems to look like DICE has tried to copy MW2 before black ops came out to make it look superior and it hasn't worked.

I've said from the start I wouldn't buy COD BO, but from what I've seen I would rather buy BO than MoH.

But that have to compare it, any good game worth it's salt can withstand the test of comparisons, look at BFBC2 reviews against MW2 and how well it did.

For a game to be compared to a gaint and already famous brand such as MW2 and BFBC2 is a compliment in itself, however you can tell a game has truely surpassed it's predecesors when people are throwing out reviews saying the current game has surpassed the past one (In this case MoH against MW2/BFBC2).

When MW2 came out it was compared to BF and MW1, and a whole other host of games and it did extremely well against the critics, as did BFBC2.

The fact is MoH's campaign looks very promising and nearly all the critics have agreed it is what it is. The multiplayer justs seems to look like DICE has tried to copy MW2 before black ops came out to make it look superior and it hasn't worked.

I've said from the start I wouldn't buy COD BO, but from what I've seen I would rather buy BO than MoH.

agree that black ops looks like a more likely buy if im to get one. the story mode in moh might look good and be good but its prob only going to be what 7-10 hours long is it?
    multi player has to be the good part of these game imo to make them a good seller.
    il be going by what ye say anyway and not getting them when they come out. il try play cycos if i get a chance the weekend and see what i tihnk myself. anyone know is there vip codes or anything on it if i was to wait and pick it up second hand?

Fair point. I just get the feeling that Dice went for a different approach to the FPS than MW2 in gameplay and for those that wanted another MW2, they were disappointed. I'll be picking it up first in the morning and might just bash straight into the MP and see what the fuss is about. I'll post my opinions as soon I have any on the game.

Fair point. I just get the feeling that Dice went for a different approach to the FPS than MW2 in gameplay and for those that wanted another MW2, they were disappointed. I'll be picking it up first in the morning and might just bash straight into the MP and see what the fuss is about. I'll post my opinions as soon I have any on the game.

more than 5 lines and noone(me) wont read it:D:D:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

garv123 wrote: »
    more than 5 lines and noone(me) wont read it:D:D:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

promise to keep em brief... will be too busy killing towelheads :D

• Advertisement

promise to keep em brief... will be too busy killing towelheads :D

there should be a limit to the amount of characters you can use:rolleyes:

It gets worse!
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6281734.html
    Today was a rough day for Electronic Arts on the Nasdaq stock exchange. By the time the closing bell rang, the megapublisher's share price had fallen $1.05, or 5.95 percent, to $16.61. That's only $2.55 from its 52-week low of $14.06, and far below its 52-week high of $21.05.

Medal of Honor's middling reviews may be responsible for EA's one-day stock slide.
    Analysts pegged the blame for the sudden dip on less-than-stellar reviews of the company's high-profile shooter, Medal of Honor, which had broken preorder records for the series.

Its so bad its dragging EAs stock price down!:rolleyes:

It gets worse!
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6281734.html

Its so bad its dragging EAs stock price down!:rolleyes:

That's only because it went up 16% on the run up to launch, it only dropped 5%. Up 11% in a month will make them happy, I'm sure.

The more I look at multiplayer videos of this game on youtube, the more I think this game is going to be the dogs bollix. I think its going to be great for clan members playing on all game modes.

Who do you think is going to do the first clan team kill ?

Just look at the gameplay on this. They even have a Bradley tank in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i34JQY3iPSk

The more I look at multiplayer videos of this game on youtube, the more I think this game is going to be the dogs bollix. I think its going to be great for clan members playing on all game modes.

It looks pretty good alright but its nothing revolutionary. The sound is amazing with very satisfying weapon noises. Im looking forward to it despite the bad reviews if only to get a change from the BF maps. Just a bit disappointed that DICE didnt put in fully destructible environments.

Just a bit disappointed that DICE didnt put in fully destructible environments.

thats one of the best thing about bfbc2 snipers cant camo in the same trees over and over because a simple mortar eliminates the tree. i'd imagin on this there will be alot of campers..
    what i like about black ops is that theres no extra health perk or no stopping power every one using the same gun is equal.

garv123 wrote: »
    thats one of the best thing about bfbc2 snipers cant camo in the same trees over and over because a simple mortar eliminates the tree. i'd imagin on this there will be alot of campers..
    what i like about black ops is that theres no extra health perk or no stopping power every one using the same gun is equal.

I like the wager match in Black Ops. It satisfies my gambling problem. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Don't know but I have a fair idea who the victim will be.

• Advertisement

Send in you're reviews as early as possible guy's, only after you get a good feel of the game, campaign I'm not oo bothered about, it will probably be only MP I'll be getting the game for anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement