Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL Clan - General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Send in you're reviews as early as possible guy's, only after you get a good feel of the game, campaign I'm not oo bothered about, it will probably be only MP I'll be getting the game for anyway.

Sorry Dude but was told it's not suitable for camping tree hugging snipers so I think you should save your money or just buy Sniper Ghost Warrior.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Rang Gamestop, they're open at 9am tomorrow morning. So, I should be loading it just after 9.30 or so. Like Lindsay, I'm buying it for the MP, so should have a good idea what it's like after a few hours. No doubt I'll post a first impression and then settle in for some solid playtime to get a proper feel for it.

Chances are the EA servers will go down tomorrow, as it being the first European day, so I'll try the campaign then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Chances are the EA servers will go down tomorrow, as it being the first European day, so I'll try the campaign then.

I never thought of that. Its bound to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

I'll maybe pick up a copy when I'm down there, and just keep it in the packet till I hear a review or two, if it doesn't sound good, I'll return it, if it does, open open open.

I'll maybe pick up a copy when I'm down there, and just keep it in the packet till I hear a review or two, if it doesn't sound good, I'll return it, if it does, open open open.

That's so tight!!! Just buy the game, if you don't like it, trade it in against Snniper - Bush Warrior ;)

Besides, it'd kill you not to be part of the IRL domination of MoH too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

That's so tight!!! Just buy the game, if you don't like it, trade it in against Snniper - Bush Warrior ;)

me and shoveltooth are going joining tsmyths clan whilst ye're abandoning the battlefield. traitors..

I'm as tight as a gypsies handbag and fine, fine, fiiiiiiine, I'll get it then, kick you're asses. However I'm resigned to the fact that there will be no sniping in MoH, this makes me sad :(.

garv123 wrote: »
    me and shoveltooth are going joining tsmyths clan whilst ye're abandoning the battlefield. traitors..

Who's abandoning BC2??? Certainly not me... It's all part of Royal's global domination plan. We now control BC2... next, MoH... then Vietnam... followed by BF3 next year...

Who's abandoning BC2??? Certainly not me... It's all part of Royal's global domination plan. We now control BC2... next, MoH... then Vietnam... followed by BF3 next year...

prx lost one of dere guys to halo reach.. leaving battlefield for halo. now that sucks.
    i dont think it works playing 2 shooters. i dont know how people manage it. its so hard to change back and forth between controls.

i still think people will all come crawling abck to battlefield nd leave moh on the shelf gathering dust or trade it in. bit like what happened with red dead.

I'm as tight as a gypsies handbag and fine, fine, fiiiiiiine, I'll get it then, kick you're asses. However I'm resigned to the fact that there will be no sniping in MoH, this makes me sad :(.

Of course there's sniping. Three classes: assault, Spec Ops (engineer) and sniper.

• Advertisement

prx lost one of dere guys to halo reach.. leaving battlefield for halo. now that sucks.
    i dont think it works playing 2 shooters. i dont know how people manage it. its so hard to change back and forth between controls.

i still think people will all come crawling abck to battlefield nd leave moh on the shelf gathering dust or trade it in. bit like what happened with red dead.

Probably right but that just means we'll appreciate BC2 even more on our return. I don't plan on stopping playing BC2 completely. Just nice to have an alternative instead of SDM on the same maps all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

We now control BC2... next, MoH... then Vietnam... followed by BF3 next year...
    You really don't like CoD do you! I have very high hopes for it myself.
    With BF Vietnam I'm in two minds really. OK there are new maps to explore but on the other hand you will have older weapons etc. Maybe I should just listen to the Full Metal Jacket soundtrack while I play.:D
    As for people abandoning BF I know I,ll stay going back as even if MoH or CoD are huge improvements they are still different game types.
    Garv and Shoveltooth are staying loyal to BF only out of meanness!:)

Probably right but that just means we'll appreciate BC2 even more on our return. I don't plan on stopping playing BC2 completely. Just nice to have an alternative instead of SDM on the same maps all the time.

All those who have the VIP package for BFBC2 will get the M24 early for MoH.

I'm back in the game. Booyah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

agree that black ops looks like a more likely buy if im to get one. the story mode in moh might look good and be good but its prob only going to be what 7-10 hours long is it?
    multi player has to be the good part of these game imo to make them a good seller.
    il be going by what ye say anyway and not getting them when they come out. il try play cycos if i get a chance the weekend and see what i tihnk myself. anyone know is there vip codes or anything on it if i was to wait and pick it up second hand?
    4 hours on hard it's been done in apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

there there lindsay ill sit with u in a tree or on the wall or where ever as i will more than likey be playing moh as a sniper just like i did with battlefield and then decided in a career chage and went to murse school tobe come a medic:D:D

I went into gamestop thisevening and pre ordered it, and they told me they had a midnight opening for it, so I went to the pub next door to wait. Am not even fit to play now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Dedication right there!

Its 6:45am and am only going to bed now after playing MoH all night. It kicks ass!!!

Its 6:45am and am only going to bed now after playing MoH all night. It kicks ass!!!

Really? Damn you... I'm having a cup of coffee and heading into town in half an hour to pick it up... I'll be so pissed of if they had a midnight opening and didin't tell me!!!

Really? Damn you... I'm having a cup of coffee and heading into town in half an hour to pick it up... I'll be so pissed of if they had a midnight opening and didin't tell me!!!

sooo whats the news from moh

• Advertisement

Would someone who has bought MOH give the rest of us ( I mean me in particular, Cant get it till six) a quick review of the multiplayer. Trust you guys more than the reviews but Royal's comment wasn't much to go on but saying that I have more faith that it's a good game.
    Thanks

Would someone who has bought MOH give the rest of us ( I mean me in particular, Cant get it till six) a quick review of the multiplayer. Trust you guys more than the reviews but Royal's comment wasn't much to go on but saying that I have more faith that it's a good game.
    Thanks

royal been drunk whilst playing it might of meant he had his beer goggles on. drink makes everything look good

sooo whats the news from moh

Got home, installed the game and just as I was loading it up my broadband went down!!! First time in three months... typical!!! Gave me a chance to play the single player though. I've got to say, it's *ucking awesome so far!!!

Weapons behave with recoil, so no spraying wildly like in MW2. Controlled bursts and headshots are the trick. The graphics and sound are awesome. Playing the single layer on 1080p HD. Very sweet. It definitely has a level of realism that MW2 didn't have. I'm 90 minutes into it and already feel it's worth a purchase! Gonna stick in the MP as soon as I finish off a few more towelheads. Can't believe anyone wouldn't like the SP... unless it gets stupid later on.

Will post again in an hour or so once I've tried out MP!

Everything Moose says is bang on. Graphics wise, and the weapons looks and feel has to be the most realistic I have ever seen. Moose go to "combat mission" game mode, it kicks ass. I'll be online shortly.

I cant believe I actually set my alarm to get up and play this game.

Everything Moose says is bang on. Graphics wise, and the weapons looks and feel has to be the most realistic I have ever seen. Moose go to "combat mission" game mode, it kicks ass. I'll be online shortly.

I cant believe I actually set my alarm to get up and play this game.

cyco booked the week off work:p:p

On the single player:

With the headphones on, when you get hit, you hear the impact of the bullet and it's like you actually feel it. Not sure how they managed that, think the screen darkers or something but you know it's time to get back in cover real quick. I find myself wincing when getting shot... very strange... but very cool!

Edit: Just got my head blown off by a sniper, I think. First death in the single player! Time for MP now :)

Have to admit... I was dubious about this game. Now I can't wait to get home from work.

By the way, Gamestop (Stephen's Green) have dropped the price to €50. Probably everyone else has too.

MP is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Got home, installed the game and just as I was loading it up my broadband went down!!! First time in three months... typical!!! Gave me a chance to play the single player though. I've got to say, it's *ucking awesome so far!!!

Weapons behave with recoil, so no spraying wildly like in MW2. Controlled bursts and headshots are the trick. The graphics and sound are awesome. Playing the single layer on 1080p HD. Very sweet. It definitely has a level of realism that MW2 didn't have. I'm 90 minutes into it and already feel it's worth a purchase! Gonna stick in the MP as soon as I finish off a few more towelheads. Can't believe anyone wouldn't like the SP... unless it gets stupid later on.

Will post again in an hour or so once I've tried out MP!

You didn't see me outside taking out your broadband support...:D

I am picking up MOH this evening. Looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement

MP is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feck sake Moose I know Garv said keep it short but a bit more detail than that please. Or is it so good your stuck for words.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement