Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

more shots fired:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

What's this rumour concerning Wayne leaving the Wild West to head back out on Wimbledon Common just in Casey?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I just don't go outside anymore to be quite honest. As Berty hinted, they probably have a better life in prison than they do outside of it. The Irish system is so bad. Slap on the wrist, there, you can get released well before your time is up. Whenever I see some news report on some prison thhey usually show the rec room which I instantly get jealous over. Why do they have pool tables?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Last sundays sunday world had a story about him, hotel fight, going to uk, think its only on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Well said Icky. P.S.Guess who's in London[rhymes]during this latest episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

i think we should put something directly into their water supplies:D that should cut off the gene pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Expect a Limerick City version of Underbelly to be showing on UK TV very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Melion wrote: »
    Nothing will ever happen in this city until a guard is killed unfortunately. Ive said it before and i stand by it.

Sounds like cynicism there Melion, but watching the docu on CAB last week and the Veronica Guerin situation, there was mention of a gangland plan being uncovered to shoot a cop. The gameplay with Gilligan et al changed after that. So it may be not so cynical. I really don't want it to come to that. Does any right-thinking person?

Anyone ever hear the rumour that the Limerick Feuding Families have successfully made representations in the past to have certain Detectives transferred out of Limerick?

The implication was that they were actually doing a thorough and capable job to the extent that they were making life too difficult for Business to run smoothly.

- Deals were struck to move them on in return for a quiet life, no more messy headlines and bad PR for the Top Brass in the Phoenix Park and the Political representatives involved.

As is I think there is a dangerous Status Quo in place, Drug Gangs happy to operate reasonably carefully under the radar and Gardaí happy enough to show up 20 mins after shootings and throw some Police Tape around, jot down a few statements etc.

old_aussie wrote: »
    Expect a Limerick City version of Underbelly to be showing on UK TV very soon.

where we not already on Mcintyres most dangerous(or something like that) on bravo before??
    topper75 wrote: »
    Sounds like cynicism there Melion, but watching the docu on CAB last week and the Veronica Guerin situation, there was mention of a gangland plan being uncovered to shoot a cop. The gameplay with Gilligan et al changed after that. So it may be not so cynical. I really don't want it to come to that. Does any right-thinking person?

its true unfortunatly. if a guard or army person is ever killed then the whole state will just focus on finding the culprit. they would make an example out of them to make sure it never happens again.

i think every attack/murder should be treated that way but i guess i can see why they do it that way.

maybe we shoulod have more demonstrations to try force these scum out of our fair city.

ideally any time a crime happens if the public just try to remember in as much detail as possible withouit drawing attention to yourselves and ring the garda confidential hotline 1800 666111

the scumbags(and thats all they are. they are not p diddy or eminem or jay z. they are rodents, animals, viruses. they are a cancer on society) they need to realise that they have no role in our culture or community.

• Advertisement

Raiser wrote: »
    Anyone ever hear the rumour that the Limerick Feuding Families have successfully made representations in the past to have certain Detectives transferred out of Limerick?

The implication was that they were actually doing a through and capable job to the extent that they were making life too difficult for Business to run smoothly.

- Deals were struck to move them on in return for a quiet life, no more messy headlines and bad PR for the Top Brass in the Phoenix Park and the Political representatives involved.

As is I think there is a dangerous Status Quo in place, Drug Gangs happy to operate reasonably carefully under the radar and Gardaí happy enough to show up 20 mins after shootings and throw some Police Tape around, jot down a few statements etc.

i was with you until this.

i havent heard about anyone being moved out of limerick but dam i hope not. thats scarey if they have that much control.

but the gardai where on the scene withing a couple of mins last night and the 3 people where arrested within an hour of the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Was Dundon not deported from the UK years ago and declared an extreme danger to society?!!

The prime suspect shooter last night, according to irish independent was shot at twice this year.

Using google the same name comes up in court case may 2007 for shooting fella in head. Found not guilty. (limerick leader)

Don't want to be naming names as innocent till proven guilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Imagineer wrote: »
    Was Dundon not deported from the UK years ago and declared an extreme danger to society?!!

Yes, there was a post here a while back with a link about his abuse of older people in the UK and to say it was a frightening reading is an understatement.

The prime suspect shooter last night, according to irish independent was shot at twice this year.

Using google the same name comes up in court case may 2007 for shooting fella in head. Found not guilty. (limerick leader)

Don't want to be naming names as innocent till proven guilty.

yup thats him and yea they will get him for this;) he is far from innocent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Chronicle/Leader is painting a picture of a lovely lad about the guy that was shot last night.

He was well known to Gardai and a known associate/member of the Dundon/McCarty gang, but he was grand and had the potential to be a good rugby player, according to the Chronicle/Leader.

Great how a person with a number of convictions and was known by the gardai as a known member of the gang is now being painted in such a light.

Had to laugh when it was being described as him simply sitting in a car with friends.

I guess nowadays being a lesser gang member and only having some convictions are achievement worth lauding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Last sundays sunday world had a story about him, hotel fight, going to uk, think its only on holiday.

anyone who goes to that hotel must be mad. I pity the unknowing tourists who stay there.

mike kelly wrote: »
    anyone who goes to that hotel must be mad. I pity the unknowing tourists who stay there.

Anyone posting a link?

- I read not so long ago the Wayne Mrs. is a Casey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Anyone posting a link?

- I read not so long ago the Wayne Mrs. is a Casey?

Yes she is. They got married after the Dundons had been feuding with the Caseys and Michael Kelly brokered a peace deal.

"A WITNESS in a case, in which two brothers were accused of breaking three windows in his house, denied yesterday at Limerick District Court that he was intimidated or was under pressure to lie.Laurence McCarthy was giving evidence in the case against Simon Casey, 20, and James Casey, 24, of Clonlong, Southill, Limerick, who are charged with smashing windows at his Old Cork Road home. During the hearing, solicitor John Devane said Ald Michael Kelly had brokered a peace agreement between families. He did not ask anybody to withdraw their statements.
    Mr McCarthy said he was watching TV at his home when the windows came in around him around 11.15pm. He said at the time it was the Casey family who smashed the windows. But, yesterday, in court he said: “I now know they did not break the windows. I made a bad mistake. I picked the wrong people.”
    Garda Inspector Jim Browne asked Judge Tom O’Donnell to treat Mr McCarthy as a hostile witness."

• Advertisement

Senior gardai have since met with <ANONYMOUS> and warned him to take precautions as they believe his life remains in danger.

Seems he went to Elverys and bought himself a BMX and a Glock :D

Berty wrote: »
    That's why I said unlikely.

Most of the people on this thread are unlikely to be involved in gang land crime and most of the people in Limerick would fall into that category as well. There are just the extremely rare(you mentioned) few exceptions and just because those two were high profile in the media does not make the a common occurence.
    Brian Fitzgerald, Daniel Treacy, Noel Crawford, Georgina O'Donnell, Daniel Fitzgerald, Robert Fitzgerald, Sean Poland are other innocent people gunned down either on purpose or mistaken identity in recent years by violent Limerick gangland scum, Shane geoghean and Roy Collins aren't the only ones

Jigga wrote: »
    Brian Fitzgerald, Daniel Treacy, Noel Crawford, Georgina O'Donnell, Daniel Fitzgerald, Robert Fitzgerald, Sean Poland are other innocent people gunned down either on purpose or mistaken identity in recent years by violent Limerick gangland scum, Shane geoghean and Roy Collins aren't the only ones

technically there are a few on that list including roy who where not mistaken identity.................................. they may have been innocent or at least involved by accident but a few of them where the target

Icky Thump wrote: »
    technically there are a few on that list including roy who where not mistaken identity.................................. they may have been innocent or at least involved by accident but a few of them where the target

Thats missing the point completely.

The original statement was to the effect that if you are not running Drugs or involved with the Gangs you are unlikely to be shot, not whether innocent People were targeted for whatever reason.

yes i know that, Noel Crawford, Georgina O'Donnell and Shane geoghean were mistaken identity but the others I mentioned were shot ruthlessly by these gangland scumbags on purpose so its a myth to say that it is only scum killing scum in Limerick. There also a few involved only in petty crime like Aidan Kelly shot because they are soft targets.

yes i know that, Noel Crawford, Georgina O'Donnell and Shane geoghean were mistaken identity but the others I mentioned were shot ruthlessly by these gangland scumbags on purpose so its a myth to say that it is only scum killing scum in Limerick. There also a few involved only in petty crime like Aidan Kelly shot because they are soft targets.

wasnt Noel's brother the target for being involved with the dundons?? but yea im not saying innocent arent been hit. hell if you read my other posts im sure youll see that i am very serious about these vermon been put away forever.

as i said i wouldnt want my kids growing up around here. its scarey that this happens in broad daylight with no fear of people seeing their faces because they no we wont talk. well lets talk......................

i hope they find every single piece of evidence they need to put that skut away for a very very very long time. hopefully they will find a connection to his cousins aswell so they can go after them next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Agree with that. Just dont think the cops give a toss anymore. For all the extra man power apparently in Limerick, the gardai are invisible for the most part except for speeding, tax, insurance, donuts on the dock road etc

They've no problem solving things after the event but utterly failing in any prevention /reduction of crime imo. I find it really baffling that they cant control serious crime in a city of 100k people where most of the crime is by a small % of the population. Just doesnt add up imo

wasnt Noel's brother the target for being involved with the dundons?? but yea im not saying innocent arent been hit. hell if you read my other posts im sure youll see that i am very serious about these vermon been put away forever.

as i said i wouldnt want my kids growing up around here. its scarey that this happens in broad daylight with no fear of people seeing their faces because they no we wont talk. well lets talk......................

i hope they find every single piece of evidence they need to put that skut away for a very very very long time. hopefully they will find a connection to his cousins aswell so they can go after them next.
    Ya have to agree with you on that icky. i think they were trying to shoot Paul Crawford but hit his innocent brother Noel instead.

Edit: looks like big breakthrough in Noel's murder: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0525/1224271088118.html

To show how easy it is in Limerick to get blasted by these scumbags the others I mentioned:

Brian Fitzgerald - shot because he wouldn't allow drugs be sold at club
    Daniel Treacy - shot because his brother killed some dope
    Georgina O'Donnell - shot by a psycho trying to kill his wife
    Daniel Fitzgerald - shot by the Collopys for god knows what
    Robert Fitzgerald - shot for no apparent reason by the only man in Ireland serving life sentences for 2 gangland murders (earn his stripes maybe?)
    Sean Poland - shot in robbery by Campions who also killed a farmer in Clare tying him up, google that murder, one of the most shocking crimes I have ever read

I know to see one of the dopes that was arrested for shooting that clown outside thomond park, I don't think he is even 18 :rolleyes:

Quick google shows the suspect has previous form :rolleyes:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Man-found-not-guiltyin-historic.2853806.jp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Here's the guy we should have running our jails:

http://edition.cnn.com/US/9907/27/tough.sheriff/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The implication was that they were actually doing a thorough and capable job to the extent that they were making life too difficult for Business to run smoothly.

It'd give The Wire a run for its money, all we need is a council man type who's dodgy as fcuk and probably in with the scummers..

oh wait...

Quick google shows the suspect has previous form :rolleyes:

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Man-found-not-guiltyin-historic.2853806.jp

i know mate its a disgrace that these kids(and thats all they are) are behaving like this.

honestly im around the same age as these guys and its crazy to think these guys are running drugs and guns all over the country and the wars that they are involved in. its absolutly crazy. hell i dont even know where id go if i was looking for a gun never mind rocket launchers and machine assault rifles.

growing up in the same era as them i cant see when i even came to a cross roads where i could have turned out that way. if i was disrespectful to anyone my parents would put me in line. i dread to think what my parents would have done if i was dealing drugs or wearing bullet proof vests...........................

some of the higher up guys in these gangs are as young as 23/24 and even 19/20.

they have no respect for anyone. and thats why so many innocent people live in fear. from speaking to alot of people during the last local elections ive met an astonoshing amount of elderly that never leave their house because they fear for their lives. people should have to live that way.

its ironic that the scum are free to do what they want and we the innocent are the prisoners.

dont get me wrong i love this city and this country. but the people in control need to be put in their place. we need the babysitter to put their foot down

I was walking up William St the other day and there was a crowd of knacks standing near Foxes Bow, can in hand, smoking joints, you could smell it miles away, not a care in the world. When they dont give a sh1t like this and nothings done to stop them who can blame them for running riot, yet I'd get pulled over and given a bollicking for having a broken headlight or out of date car tax, its really boggles the mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

krudler wrote: »
    yet I'd get pulled over and given a bollicking for having a broken headlight or out of date car tax, its really boggles the mind.

Don Krudler. You should be locked up.

Berty wrote: »
    Don Krudler. You should be locked up.

I know, I'm a possible danger to society, no tv licence either, you'll never take me alive coppers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Nothing will ever happen in this city until a guard is killed unfortunately. Ive said it before and i stand by it.

I've said this myself. Then and only then will te **** hit the fan.

krudler wrote: »
    I was walking up William St the other day and there was a crowd of knacks standing near Foxes Bow, can in hand, smoking joints, you could smell it miles away, not a care in the world. When they dont give a sh1t like this and nothings done to stop them who can blame them for running riot, yet I'd get pulled over and given a bollicking for having a broken headlight or out of date car tax, its really boggles the mind.

No idealistic young Kid goes to Templemore with dreams of being the type of Garda who has Scumbags run rings around them on a daily basis, laughing away happily while always staying 3 steps ahead.

Truth is that these People have in expendable army of Kids to run drugs, hide guns and buy their product & the Gardaí would much rather deal with a more pleasant and convenient class of Criminal - the kind that drives right into their line of sight, either much too fast or with their tax out of date and that they can be stern and disapproving of while tut-tutting in a suitably exasperated manner, or else just winking at the Busty ones and saying "ah go on, drive away before I change my mind"

- Show me a Limerick Garda and 99 times out of 100 I'll show you a Fella biding his time here simply trying to stay alive and un-scarred with dreams of moving to a small Country Town where he can be the Local Hero, dipping for agri-diesel and cruising the streets listening to Today FM.

Not that I blame them personally - But I do think that the state of it is disgusting - Def. have to blame the higher ranking Gardaí at whatever level is concerned who should be putting real weight behind the efforts. All we have now is a Volvo Estate Car with a Cinema-Style LED Ticker Sign on the roof that is supposed to send out the ridiculous PR/Spin Doctor message:

"Look!!! We have guns in this Car and we drive randomly around your City - FEEL SAFE CITIZEN"

I saw 1 lonely guard waking around town the other day, he looked so out of place, his uniform was too big for him, he looked like a little boy. I was thinking i could beat him up if i wanted too, not that i did. :)

I actually felt sorry for him, thinking to myself what hope has 1 against a gang of scumbags.
    I really do think they should be patrolling in twos and arresting people.

It is good to see the gardai back on the streets of the city centre.

And they have made lots of arrests in the last few months on both sides of gangland.

They still haven't found gun from last nights shooting says live95fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Perhaps if they don't want their jobs, they can find alternative employment.

Their job is to keep the peace, uphold the laws and to protect the public.

They are failing on all three and are standing by as a city degenerates into a dump.

Judging by their own representative website which is based in the cook islands btw, money is their main concern. (www.gra.cc)

Either solve the problem, or step aside and bring in some fresh blood.
    All the addition resourses they have been given have done nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

topper75 wrote: »

The guards in this city(Apart from the ERU) are too afraid of people. Its hilarious really. Its going to take something drastic like i mentioned, that might instill something inside them to finally do something about it(revenge)

The guards in this city(Apart from the ERU) are too afraid of people. Its hilarious really. Its going to take something drastic like i mentioned, that might instill something inside them to finally do something about it(revenge)

There's one BMW e46 318i that's going to be impounded in about 20 mins time anyhow :D

I'm on record all over this Forum being very critical of the Gardaí - But in fairness I don't think they have been given the platform to work from or the tools for the job..... They can't really see these W@nkers off with just a Flashlight and a crappy Baton for themselves.

- I'd prefer if they showed more backbone and voiced this as fact instead of just ignoring the scale of the issue - But then again why should they when denial seems to be something that Limerick Folk in general view as preferable to tackling this problem head-on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Daniel Treacy - shot because his brother killed some dope

I Dont think its fair to call the person a dope as he was as much innocent as the next fellow mention but killed because of who he was related to .. so please at least respect the dead

Story_Bud wrote: »
    I Dont think its fair to call the person a dope as he was as much innocent as the next fellow mention but killed because of who he was related to .. so please at least respect the dead

i must not take my food frustrations out on others

im going to have to start a cult arent i:rolleyes:

for what its worth though i agree with your post:D

says the person with the user name "story_bud".........................

see this is my point. the people that put on scum bag accents or say scum bag phrases by "just having a laugh" are not getting it. everything that scum bags represent we should boycott. that means acting like scumbags. its not cool its not funny its very very very much pathetic

im going to have to start a cult arent i:rolleyes:

for what its worth though i agree with your post:D
    Ya But You Cant Class Someone As A Scumbag Just Because Of The Way They Dress,Talk Or Accent You Class Them As A Scumbag By The Way They Behave Which From The Looks Off Things On Boards.ie ... Many People Dont Get But Sure Most People In Limerick From ''Bad'' Areas .. Are Painted With The One Brush

Ya But You Cant Class Someone As A Scumbag Just Because Of The Way They Dress,Talk Or Accent You Class Them As A Scumbag By The Way They Behave Which From The Looks Off Things On Boards.ie ... Many People Dont Get But Sure Most People In Limerick From ''Bad'' Areas .. Are Painted With The One Brush

i know im sorry mate:) im angry because of the fish and chips thread:D i took it out on you. ill edit my post

• Advertisement

Its Grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Ya But You Cant Class Someone As A Scumbag Just Because Of The Way They Dress,Talk Or Accent

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is...

Darren Coughlan was not innocent, he once badly injured a young hurler from Na Piarsaigh with his own hurley and was killed for taunting Kieran Keane's son about his father's murder.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is...
    Ever Heard The Saying.. '' Dont Judge A Book My Its Cover''
    And Also While I Didnt Know Of These Incidents Jigga But I Will Agree to Disagree But You made A Valid Point

A few years back I was standing outside my Apartment and I saw a foreign looking person with a shaved head, wearing strange clothes hanging around near my Car.

- So I ran over shouting the odds and gesturing threateningly; Turns out it was Gandhi :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement