Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

more shots fired:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Ever Heard The Saying.. '' Dont Judge A Book My Its Cover''

I haven't actually. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Raiser wrote: »
    A few years back I was standing outside my Apartment and I saw a foreign looking person with a shaved head, wearing strange clothes hanging around near my Car.

- So I ran over shouting the odds and gesturing threateningly; Turns out it was Gandhi :o
    Gandhi was shot in 1948 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Jigga wrote: »
    Gandhi was shot in 1948 :rolleyes:

:eek: This was the Spring of 1949 - This raises some questions Jigga.

- Who was this mysterious figure and what did he want with my Model T???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    A few years back I was standing outside my Apartment and I saw a foreign looking person with a shaved head, wearing strange clothes hanging around near my Car.

- So I ran over shouting the odds and gesturing threateningly; Turns out it was Gandhi :o

That was Ben Kingsley you saw, he is always causing trouble around Raheen. :D

Lucky for you he was alone, if Morgan Freeman had been with him I doubt you would be typing your tale today.:)

Getting this off the Gandhi talk and back on topic, one of the women arrested is the woman (girlfriend) who drove the "suspect" to the attention of gardai after he was shot outside Thomond Park :rolleyes:. Lots of incidents of women helping gangland shooters out after their latest "mission"

Jigga wrote: »
    Getting this off the Gandhi talk and back on topic, one of the women arrested is the woman (girlfriend) who drove the "suspect" to the attention of gardai after he was shot outside Thomond Park :rolleyes:. Lots of incidents of women helping gangland shooters out after their latest "mission"

Hardly a surprise that the scum shooter would have scum girlfriends and scum wives.

Same with shoplifting in this town. In a number of my old jobs, a caught shoplifter would have some piece of trash come flying into the shop to back him up, and these scum women think nothing of literally spitting into your face, slapping you or scratching you, and generally they got to walk away afterwards scott free, or the Gardai would take them in the car and drop them up the road from the shop.

Then minutes later they would be back roaring in abuse and laughing that nothing happened to them.

With a legal system that seems to not want to lock people away for crime, that seems to not want killers to serve full sentences, and to allow people with dozens of previous offences to stroll out with suspended sentences, should we be surprised that the vermin in this town and in this country can walk around with no fear of being caught for crime.

It looks as though the only punishment that gets enforced upon them is from their own kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Ever Heard The Saying.. '' Dont Judge A Book My Its Cover''And Also While I Didnt Know Of These Incidents Jigga But I Will Agree to Disagree But You made A Valid Point

i always judge books by their cover,they tell you what its about!

krudler wrote: »
    i always judge books by their cover,they tell you what its about!

Street_Fighter_-_Ryu.gif?v=1

ryu.jpg

Krudler - Heavy influenced by Asian Culture - Prone to bouts of manic aggression. Very short fuse, inclined to react to situations with a series of devastating martial arts death-blows.

- Yeah; I got you all worked out Son.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Front page of limerick leader today, says could be "mistaken identity"

Limerick independent says gardai said "nothing to indicate at this point in time" that the shooting was gangland related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭swim2

Seems like there is more trouble...

Four arrested following Limerick incident

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 02:33 PM

Four people have been arrested following an incident on the outskirts of Limirick this afternoon.

It follows a crash involving a Garda car which happened shortly after 1pm near Ballyneety, around 10 miles outside the city

A major Garda operation is underway.

More details to follow…

• Advertisement

Limerick independent says gardai said "nothing to indicate at this point in time" that the shooting was gangland related.

Please Wait - Computing....................

Possibility of convictions is now < .01%

Mistaken identity indeed.

Sitting in a car with two well known associates of the Dundun/McCarthy gang, and being a known member himself as well as being known to the gardai for various crimes committed.

Nope must defo not be gangland related in anyway with three known gang members in the car.

It seems that by trotting out the old not gangland related line in a press conference or interview, the fact that guns were being fired on a public street in daylight is no longer a big deal.

So What is the criteria of being gangland related?

Berty wrote: »

I would have imagined that a scenario where a car, with all the occupants being known gang members, is approached by an individual who is armed with at least one gun who then proceeds to shot into that car sounds somewhat gang related to me.

Unless of course it is nothing more than a coincidence that these three chaps happened to have their car parked up nowhere near where they are from, and the other chap, who just happened to have a gun, was passing by and had no idea the three gang members were there until he saw them. :rolleyes:

Berty wrote: »

Rather than admit to having made zero progress in an unsolved cycle-by Gangland shooting, the Politicians Spin Machine and Garda PR Apparatus have opted for the less embarrassing option of trying to pass this off as an incident of harmlessly random Street violence that nobody should be paying any attention to...... Everyday stuff that happens everywhere and is to be expected really......

- They are gone beyond merely patronizing our intelligence to openly condescending to us as we sit here in horrified disbelief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0526/limerick1.html

Arrests in Limerick gang crime inquiry
    Wednesday, 26 May 2010 15:11
    Four people have been arrested in Limerick as part of a garda operation against gang crime.

The arrests of three men and a woman, all aged in their 20s, occurred at 1.15pm near the village of Ballyneety.

A car was rammed during the operation and it is understood a garda received minor facial injuries.

AdvertisementA firearm has been recovered and searches are continuing.

The four are being held at Henry Street, Bruff, Roxboro Rd and Mayorstone Garda Stations.

It could have been mistaken identity because the young scut who shot at the suspect both times would have been a far more likely target, he would only be about 17 and from northside of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Imagineer

Limerick City has been done a great injustice. It could be a place of such admiration. When I was young, gangster meant a very different thing. It was about having panache and class, living in a country with no extradition laws, swilling brandy and smoking a fat cuban rolled on the thighs of virgins in an unbuttoned linen shirt surrounded by gorgeous models and being up to your ears in grade-A columbian coke.
    Now its about moving to West Limerick, guzzling cans of Carling, smoking hash in a tracksuit surrounded by a load rancid beors and the only white thing these people are up to their ears in is their socks, kidddddd.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gymsey

Millie wrote: »

Four people have been arrested in Limerick as part of a garda operation against gang crime.

The arrests of three men and a woman, all aged in their 20s, occurred at 1.15pm near the village of Ballyneety.

A car was rammed during the operation and it is understood a garda received minor facial injuries.

The four are being held at Henry Street, Bruff, Roxboro Rd and Mayorstone Garda Stations.

Rather than being like most of the posts on here and being negative, I think its good to see things like this happening, and credit is due to the gardai for their in their face attitudes.
    This coupled with the raids across europe, I think it's obvious the gardai are trying their best.
    The plan is obviously to attack the root of the problem, and hence make life as difficult as possible for the likes of the Dundons.

Now for the usual pages and pages of people saying "I got fined for no tax, it'd be more in their line to be arresting these drug dealers bla bla bla"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Well, well, well look who it was out in Ballyneety, hadn't heard from these lads in a while:
    THREE men have appeared before a special sitting of Limerick District Court after they were charged in connection with an incident during which a garda was injured.
    Brothers Kieran Ryan (26) and Eddie Ryan (27) from Hogan Avenue, Kileely and John Collins (18) from Ballynanty were arrested on the outskirts of Limerick city on Wednesday afternoon.

They are each accused of posession of a high-powered handgun and 15 rounds of ammunition in suspicious circumstances at Carrigmartin, Ballyneety on May 26.

None of the men applied for bail this afternnon and each of them was remanded in custody until June 3 next.

A woman who was also arrested on Wednesday has been released without charge.

A member of the Emergency Response Unit who sustained serious facial injuries during Wednesday's incident is recovering in hospital after undergoing surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Are these the same Ryans who were ''kidnapped'' a few years back and then paraded in front of the media in Kileely like heroes when released?

grenache wrote: »
    Are these the same Ryans who were ''kidnapped'' a few years back and then paraded in front of the media in Kileely like heroes when released?

The same ones and the girl was Kieran girlfriend.

One of ryan brothers was up in court about horses in moyross, guess who came to the rescue?

No i'm not joking

Willie O'Dea.

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2008/02/22/story55921.asp

Army ‘to help house Moyross horses’

DEFENCE Minister Willie O’Dea yesterday came riding to assistance of the Moyross light cavalry whose members have been shot at and kidnapped in the Limerick feud.

Horse enthusiasts “Fat John” McCarthy and Kieran Ryan were before Limerick District Court for illegally having animals stabled behind their houses in Moyross.

But during the hearing the Department of Defence emerged like a knight in shining armour on the Moyross horizon.

Judge Tom O’Donnell was told that the Department of Defence and Mr O’Dea have offered to make land owned by the defence forces near Moyross available to the horse owners as part of the regeneration programme announced for Moyross.

Mr McCarthy survived an attack in August 2000 when a one-legged gunman, Roy Woodland, opened fire on him with a Kalashnikov assault rifle.

Bullets raked his house as McCarthy and friends sat in the front garden on a summer’s evening. Kieran Ryan and his brother Eds were at the centre of a mysterious kidnap incident in January 2003 and surfaced at a Garda station hours after gang boss Kieran Keane was murdered.

Kieran Keane was suspected of the murder of the Ryan brothers father, Eddie, in the Moose Bar in November 2000.

Sgt Derek Smart told yesterday’s court hearing that the two defendants kept horses without licence in stables built behind their council houses in Moyross.

McCarthy kept two horses at his home at Cliona Park and Ryan kept three horses at his home at Craeval Park.

The Ryans had horses all their lives and McCarthy had horses for 20 years.

Complaints had been made to the gardaí by local residents about the horses going onto green areas where children played. The horses had also blocked people using footpaths.

Sgt Smart said the Department of Defence has offered to make 100 acres of land available at a former Army camp at Knockalisheen which is less than a mile from Moyross. Mr O’Dea had offered the Army lands to help with the equestrian programme which is being supported by the regeneration plan for Moyross.

However, Sgt Smart said it will take six to eight months before the Army lands will become available as there were statutory matters involved.

Judge O’Donnell adjourned the matter until next Wednesday to allow the two horse owners find alternative accommodation for their horses until such time as the Army lands are ready for use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

One of ryan brothers was up in court by limerick city council about horses in moyross, guess who came to the rescue?

No i'm not joking

Willie O'Dea.

any chance of a link girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

A 28-year-old man has been charged in connection with the shooting of Daniel Phillips (20) in St John's Square on Monday, at a special sitting of Limerick District Court this Saturday afternoon.

Published Date: 29 May 2010

By Leader Reporter
    SHANE Mason (28) with an address at Sean Heuston Place, Limerick, was formally charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition with intent to endanger life under section 15 of the Firearms Act 1925.
    The date of the shooting, May 24, was also the accused's 28th birthday.

Members of the Garda armed support unit were present at Limerick District Court as Shane Mason was led into the courtroom.

Garda Fergal Hanrahan gave evidence of arresting Shane Mason near St John's Square on Monday night and charging him at Henry Street Garda station at 3:15pm this Saturday afternoon.

The accused said no comment to each of the charges, the court heard.

Inspector Luke Conlon said the charges are related to a substantial investigation and that other charges may be preferred.

The accused, wearing a white striped shirt and navy coloured Nike jacket, was granted legal aid and his solicitor Sarah Ryan made no application for bail during the brief court proceedings.

Judge Tom O'Donnell remanded Shane Mason in custody to appear before the court by video-link from Limerick prison this Thursday, June 3.

Mr Phillips, who was shot in the head and stomach by a gunman on a bicycle on Monday, remains in a critical condition in Cork University Hospital.

good news:D at least someone is being done for it. i hope he goes away for a very long time. keep this scumbag off the streets

• Advertisement

"GANGLAND" started about 10 years ago in limerick, its a pity its taken the government, gardai 10 years to try sort it out.

At least they are arresting people from all sides now.

To be honest its the same FEW names that keep coming up over & over again.

Its awful that limerick gets tarnished by a few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

"GANGLAND" started about 10 years ago in limerick, its a pity its taken the government, gardai 10 years to try sort it out.

At least they are arresting people from all sides now.

To be honest its the same FEW names that keep coming up over & over again.

Its awful that limerick gets tarnished by a few people.

I put it down to liberalism and weakness. If I was in charge I would simply arrest the all. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Five posts have been removed as they were a line of conversation that were in breach of forum rules. people are entitled to due process and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

is Shane Mason the fellow that appeared in the rap video making unkind comments about John Dundon a few months back? It's no longer available on You Tube unfortunately.

mike kelly wrote: »
    is Shane Mason the fellow that appeared in the rap video making unkind comments about John Dundon a few months back? It's no longer available on You Tube unfortunately.
    that i dont know but he is the lad who was shot at the week before and again outside thomond park after the heineken cup game.

i really think these people should have to take a suitability test to procreate. i mean you need a license for a tv but not a human being................ makes no sense

• Advertisement

Icky Thump wrote: »
    that i dont know but he is the lad who was shot at the week before and again outside thomond park after the heineken cup game.

i really think these people should have to take a suitability test to procreate. i mean you need a license for a tv but not a human being................ makes no sense

as things stand now, there is quite a financial incentive for people with little or no education to have lots of kids. Apart from children's allowance, you also move to the top of the council housing queue. If you are a young single man with no education you have the choice of getting a minimum wage job (if you can find it) or get some young one pregnant, she gets a free house and you can on the quite move in with her without losing any benefits you already get.
    Try starting a family on the minimum wage and see how far you will get. The welfare system discriminates against those who may not be very bright but are at least honest and want to work for a living.

as things stand now, there is quite a financial incentive for people with little or no education to have lots of kids. Apart from children's allowance, you also move to the top of the council housing queue. If you are a young single man with no education you have the choice of getting a minimum wage job (if you can find it) or get some young one pregnant, she gets a free house and you can on the quite move in with her without losing any benefits you already get.
    Try starting a family on the minimum wage and see how far you will get. The welfare system discriminates against those who may not be very bright but are at least honest and want to work for a living.

Going by my payslips of the last decade I have to say I've bought more Dutch Gold, Hash, Heroin, amazingly white Nikes and Wife Beater Vests than I'd like.......

The Dole should be (and technically is) only for People that are actively looking for work - That's why its not surprising to see Companies out patrolling the Streets trying to recruit Girls in Pink Bunny Pyjamas and offering fulltime positions to Scobes smoking Dope at 2pm on William St.

- Then you have the Public Servants handing it out Social Welfare as a Career choice many of whom are just Scammers themselves but in a slightly different manner......

said it before and ill say it again. there should be more incentives to get a job rather than stay on the dole.

if i could reform the dole i would.
    * make anyone who has NEVER had a job, and people who are not actually seeking to become employed, do public service hours. they would have to work 15/20 hours a week collecting bins, sweeping streets, painting public building, cleaning graffiti, hosing chewing gum off streets, taking care of green areas and building new parks.
    * combine the social welfare with the FAS office(or a similar type job center) so we could at least try to help these people find jobs.
    * review every single account without preduduce to weed out those who are scamming the system.
    * bring in a more curtious polite and user friendly way of handling the unemployed.

the thing we must realise is alot of unemployed geniunely want to work. the social welfare should make it easy for people in need of help to recieve their entitlements. but the social welfare should also help these people look for jobs. when you go up every month to sign on why not sign on with the same person who is giving you advice on how to find a job or where jobs may become available.

we need to stop people from scamming the state so reviewing every account would take time but it would weed out those taking advantage. but its important that accounts arent suspended until they are actually found to be guilty as there are lots of innocents not even getting what they are entitled to. those not getting their full entitlements should be made aware of this. the problem is the scum take advantage but so do the social welfare.

there is also the problem of people waiting til they are 18 and then signing on. complete joke. make these kids do community service. even 15 or 20 hours a week. its 3 days of work a week. they would have 4 days off. give them €200 a week. even at 20 hours thats €10 an hour. good wages and gives them a sense of worth earning money. maybe they will look for a job or get an education. we would make the city more attractive with cleaner streets and parks. even derelect buildings could be cleaned out. i dont know how many people are on the dole that have never worked but to cover 50 people working at any one time at the hours of 9 to 5 from monday to friday we would need 2000 people. i doubt we would be far off that figure. that would be 50 people working at any one time around limerick during the week cleaning, fixing and making Limerick a better place.

have a proper government funded education system. i and alot of others will have to pay at least €1500 for registration fees for college in september and the following year it could double. this is a joke to hide fees in what is called registration............... must be a really expensive stamp they use. i think if these fees where minimal as in a couple of hundred quid it would make it easier to go to college and would get more people into proper careers.

im not saying all this would stop kids from running around with drugs and guns but if we stopped 7 out of 10 kids country wide from turning into scum wouldnt that be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

* make anyone who has NEVER had a job, and people who are not actually seeking to become employed, do public service hours. they would have to work 15/20 hours a week collecting bins, sweeping streets, painting public building, cleaning graffiti, hosing chewing gum off streets, taking care of green areas and building new parks.

Agree with this, the amount of people sitting at home doing sweet fcuk all every day is staggering, and not for want of looking for work, just as they cant be arsed, so make them work for their benefits.

as it stands, for some people its more beneficial to be out of work, think about it, rent allowance, medical card, social every week, infinite free time aside from signing on every week.

a guy I know is milking everything he can from it, he gets paid almost as much as I do in full time employment and he does nothing, he's like an encyclopedia of what you can claim for, him and his similarly layabout girlfriend know how to work the system and have been doing for years, sure why would you bother working when you can live the same as if you did have a full time job but without the job part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

krudler wrote: »
    Agree with this, the amount of people sitting at home doing sweet fcuk all every day is staggering, and not for want of looking for work, just as they cant be arsed, so make them work for their benefits.

as it stands, for some people its more beneficial to be out of work, think about it, rent allowance, medical card, social every week, infinite free time aside from signing on every week.

a guy I know is milking everything he can from it, he gets paid almost as much as I do in full time employment and he does nothing, he's like an encyclopedia of what you can claim for, him and his similarly layabout girlfriend know how to work the system and have been doing for years, sure why would you bother working when you can live the same as if you did have a full time job but without the job part?

does your friend have a new letter i can subscribe to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

OT but anyone have any idea what was happening at the very end of Hyde road (train station side) in the last hour? There was a car (newish Audi I think) up in the grass which looked as if had been run off the road, a Garda car, ambulance and admbulance estate car. Anyone hazard a guess??

Bawnmore wrote: »
    OT but anyone have any idea what was happening at the very end of Hyde road (train station side) in the last hour? There was a car (newish Audi I think) up in the grass which looked as if had been run off the road, a Garda car, ambulance and admbulance estate car. Anyone hazard a guess??

New thread called for!

Past form would suggest the Lads robbed the Car and it was crashed ending up on the grass.

- Current form seems to be that the Gardaí may have rammed it off the road as you suggest.

I think most Limerick People would like to see a lot more ramming off the road and a lot less bleating like Politicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Well ya cant.. If only the social welfare system was the only thing wrong with this country. Alot of the people you are talking about are unemployable by todays standards.. So before you go cutting all their support make sure you have the means to place them in gainful employment. I was long term unemployed once and now i am again. I cant find a job and im looking. How can the staff at the social welfare instruct you how to get a job that isnt there? Look around people are still losing jobs left right and center.

Bawnmore wrote: »

well there is a family who live there who are not exactly known for their driving skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

No idea what happened on Hyde Rd but around 7.30pm there was another incident on the Ballysimon Road.
    An undercover car went speeding past me and pulled in a white van and hauled out the PJ clad girl in the passenger side and the driver also.
    Not sure what it was about but it seems the Gardai were kept busy last night.

• Advertisement

Good to see that something is being done about PJ wearers

Good to see that something is being done about PJ wearers

Yep, they should be brought to court for crime against fashion. :pac:

Stab*City wrote: »
    Well ya cant.. If only the social welfare system was the only thing wrong with this country. Alot of the people you are talking about are unemployable by todays standards.. So before you go cutting all their support make sure you have the means to place them in gainful employment. I was long term unemployed once and now i am again. I cant find a job and im looking. How can the staff at the social welfare instruct you how to get a job that isnt there? Look around people are still losing jobs left right and center.

no person is unemployable.

every single person on this planet has a brain(id like to think). we where all trained to work in Dell. im sure we could be trained to work in any other job. its not that some are unemployable its more like some dont want to work. those are the people im talking about. the last thing i would do is take money from people who need it. in fact ive mentioned that a few times in my post. i think its a disgrace to cut the dole in the first place. most of the unemployed are unemployed because of the current climate. those people should not be made worse off because the government think that these people dont vote.

re-read my post and you will realise im talking about targeting those with no intention of EVER working and have never worked a day in their lives. i also mentioned that a FAS-esque set up should be in the Dole office. obviously the staff from the social welfare would either need to be trained or else bring in staff who are qualified career guidance officers.

no person is unemployable.

Come on, would you employ one of the Dundons, Caseys, Mccartys etc. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

No I wouldnt but if that cant prove they are looking for work or willing to go on FAS scheme maybe the dole should be taken off them

Had one of the Caseys working part time where I worked a number of years back. Have to say that he was a good worker and never had a bit of bother from him. He was willing to learn and took his job seriously.

Same lad is still in work now, different job, and I would have no doubts that he is still the same hard worker.

I know that there are a lot of Caseys etc that I cannot abide, and have come across, and crossed, a hell of a lot of them in my time working in Limerick, but there will always be a few who get blackened because of who they are related to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

There are a few Casey who use the gym in UL and by god they have more manners than some of the other members...

to be fair i said no person is unemployable

the mccarthy dundons and caseys are not people:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Millie wrote: »

I heard these were two famous brothers from Limerick who once were kidnapped anyway the guards pulled them over and when he put his head into the window the put the window up and drove off with his head stuck in it what scum bags the poor guard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Or a coke head, Herion addict, zanex addict, alchoholic, career criminal, gang member, pyjama wearer.. i totally agree with ya when you say most people are employable but not all..

Advertisement