Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Paul Gray!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Just heard it there. I wasn't massively into Slipknot, mainly just a few songs that I listen to but that's pretty **** news. Only 38.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll fondly remember him from his Anal Blast days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Utterly **** buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I was a HUGE Slipknot fan when I was younger and I still listen to their older stuff now and again. I'm playing their self-titled album as I type. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Never been a Slipknot fan but f*** me,38 is way too young. Been a strange year in metal thus far.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Not a big slipknot fan but this is terrible.

RIP man. :(

I can't believe it... In only a short time Dio dies and now Paul :(
    I accepted Dio fairly quickly because he was quite old and had been ill. But this is going to take a while to hit home. I'm completely shocked. Wonder what the other guys will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Not a big 'knot fan by any means, but damn... only 38. Very sad, I have to say. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Such a Slipknot fan, especially as a kid, this is sad

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I still listen to some of his tracks once in a while. Sh!tty day man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Used to be a massive slipknot fan a couple years ago, One of the bands that got me into metal. such **** news :(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IreAnime

his wife was pregnant , R.I.P man you legend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Slipknot are the main reason i got into metal. Such a shock. R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That's quite sad. I liked slipknot a lot when I was younger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lesson: dont fall asleep with your mask on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Slipknot were my 1st gig when i was 15 years old, still up there in my top 5 gigs today, now we'll never get to see the electricity they create as the original line up again...

R.I.P Man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Awh, **** that... That's terrible :( I love Slipknot and the Pig was the scariest one.. Then the clown. But then they changed their masks... pff. I digress.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

rovert wrote: »
    Lesson: dont fall asleep with your mask on

one would have to question the appropriateness of this statement given the fact that the man has just passed away ffs.
    at least give it a few days before throwing up feeble attempts at humour yeah?

anyways, was a big fan of the Knot from '99 onwards, seen them live for my 21st over in Cardiff 5 years ago now, always thought he was a daycent bassist.

R.I.P. Paul Gray,
    thank you for the sounds.

papagormo wrote: »
    one would have to question the appropriateness of this statement given the fact that the man has just passed away ffs.
    at least give it a few days before throwing up feeble attempts at humour yeah?

Hardly feeble, when has appropriateness and Slipknot ever come together. I like to think Paul had a sense of humour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hardly feeble, when has appropriateness and Slipknot ever come together. I like to think Paul had a sense of humour.

I'd hope so, considering he was in Anal Blast for a while

• Advertisement

good man, keep thinking like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

R.I.P Paul Grey

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That's shocking. Never that into them apart form a few songs, but they were always on back in my Kerrang listening days so I remember a lot of their stuff from my formative years of getting into metal.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

good man, keep thinking like that.

But People = ****, no?

Are you really playing PC police with a member of Slipknot?

But People = ****, no?

Are you really playing PC police with a member of Slipknot?

i do not think it is appropriate to make a joke in relation to how a man has just died.
    am i being clear enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrianSlipknot

So f**king gutted. :(

i do not think it is appropriate to make a joke in relation to how a man has just died.
    am i being clear enough for you?

Given the band and person I think it was.

Given the band and person I think it was.

i said nothing in relation to the band, i said i do not think it is appropriate to mock a persons death.

i said nothing in relation to the band, i said i do not think it is appropriate to mock a persons death.

I didnt exactly mock his death, I made a joke in the vain of the band. I dont even know the circumstances of his death, though it would be pretty easy to guess given his criminal record.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Finally got to see them at Rock Im Park last year and they were a great way to end a great festival. RIP

Advertisement