Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Paul Gray!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

rovert wrote: »
    I didnt exactly mock his death

spot the mock:
    Lesson: dont fall asleep with your mask on

I made a joke in the vain of the band.

by this you refer to the mask yes? the same mask that you use to mock (and i say is inappropriate) how the man died?

right..im not even going to bother arguing with you anymore, im done here.
    papa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

RIP Paul. Man, First Ronnie James Dio and now Paul:(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sad news. Saw them for the first time about 18 months ago and it was bloody awesome. A talented member of a very talented band.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Wow! I am a HUGE Slipknot fan! I'm torn up by this news. It's so s**t! His poor wife and their baby. :(

The metal world has lost far too many legends this year! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

papagormo wrote: »
    spot the mock:

by this you refer to the mask yes? the same mask that you use to mock (and i say is inappropriate) how the man died?

right..im not even going to bother arguing with you anymore, im done here.
    papa.

I didnt mock how the man died, cause of death wasnt confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Wow ... thats shockingly young ... liked the odd Slipknot song - R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Not my favourite band, but i did like their last album a lot. Way too young, very sad R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

38 years of age very sad RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

RIP, thats mad three big names in the last while, Pete, Dio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

very sad.... great bass player....way to young

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Sorry to hear about this

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

RIP #2

Saw them in Dublin a few years back with Metallica they were awesome !!!

Gonna be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'm not a slipknot fan, but its still sad news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not a fan in the slightest but thats a ridiculously young age to die!

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

limpdd wrote: »
    Saw them in Dublin a few years back with Metallica they were awesome !!!.

One of the best gig's I've ever attended, except the abuse of the Lost Prophets, who referred to the "coin throwing abuse of the Irish audience" as the worst they have ever received in their career.

I felt sorry for them that day. If someone didn't like that music they could have left.

Very sad. He was one of the main creative forces behind the band too. And with his wife pregnant it's even worse. Saw them live twice, as a man who uses Warwick basses I was always gonne be a fan but he was a talented guy with a very nice approach to heavy metal bass playing.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 steve0hannigan

R.I.P Paul Grey:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

RIP Paul Gray, have been a Slipknot fan for quite an amount of time now, great band, especially back in the Slipknot & IOWA days, and as a lefty bassist his death hits close to home. He'll be missed , impossible to imagine SlipKnoT without him. #2 [Pig] RIP again.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

RIP. Too many losses in the music world these last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

I still cannot believe that he is dead!:(

I've been listening to them since I was like 12, feel like I've lost a bit of myself. God bless his families.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Very sad to hear this! Slipknot were one of the first metal bands I got into and their concert was my first rock concert back when I was 13 or 14. RIP Paul. My thoughts are with his wife and family, it's very sad that his kid will never get to meet him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

:eek:

Sad news. Slipknot changed my life, I wouldn't have gotten into metal if it wasn't for them. Haven't really liked the new stuff, but the first few albums are legendary. Sooo regret not having ever seen them live.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

limpdd wrote: »
    RIP #2

Saw them in Dublin a few years back with Metallica they were awesome !!!

Gonna be missed.

was at that gig too man they were pretty good that day.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Finally got to see them at Rock Im Park last year and they were a great way to end a great festival. RIP

Had tickets to this and couldn't go :(
    Say that was an awesome end to it all right.
    One of the best gig's I've ever attended, except the abuse of the Lost Prophets, who referred to the "coin throwing abuse of the Irish audience" as the worst they have ever received in their career.

I felt sorry for them that day. If someone didn't like that music they could have left.

yes loved that gig so much, was a mental gig with both Slipknot and Metallica, that's the only time I've seen Slipknot and the only time I'll have gotten to see the original line-up :(

Sad news, never get sick of Slipknot, was loving all their new stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

lately i've been assessing acts i'd enjoy the spectacle of live, but wouldn't be caught dead listing to - pretty much anyone doing the rounds lately haha but slipknot were the greatest example

this Paul Gray guy was a junkie n probs had a bad diet in general. i've no idea why anyone flirts with smack when the dangers are well known, must be a combination of compulsive pleasure seeking / stupidity. which amounts to pathetic - look after yourselves i say. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'm a big Slipknot fan and have seen them live many times.

This really is a great loss to the metal world, but have i got any sympathy for a guy who specifically checked into a hotel to Jack up? Fcuk no, not wasting my sympathy on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm a big Slipknot fan and have seen them live many times.

This really is a great loss to the metal world, but have i got any sympathy for a guy who specifically checked into a hotel to Jack up? Fcuk no, not wasting my sympathy on him

seriously dude, are you for real? It's drug addiction. Some people become alcoholics, and get over it without dying. Others crave Mars Bars, but don't die because of it. Unfortunately his addiction was lethal. Shur wasn't he only on heroin for the craic (excuse the pun...) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

RIP. I adore Slipknot, have only got to see them twice, and the second time was the best gig I have been at(wooo 666 ticket)...he seems nice from the video there, he mentions suicidal tendencies and slayer, how could I not love him.

Sad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Exasperated

Sames here, Slpknot were the reason I got into metal. I was a huge fan and swore by them. They helped me get through the day when I was taking shizzle from folks in school. Never got 2 see them live and that suckx as it was always sommet I wanted to do. Being left handed and a guitarist I always loved to see lefteys in the bands that I loved and paul being the most obvious of them. Such a horrible time for metal. Hope to see him in hell sometime.(Sounds harsh but i mean it a positive way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

RIP, very sorry to hear about that. 38 is far too young to be dying!

Advertisement