Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody have instructions for a wooden crossbow?

• 24-05-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering does anybody have instructions or pointers for making a wooden crossbow? It's not for firing, just think it's an interesting project I could undertake for the summer! I only need to know how to make the frame etc, since it's for decoration, not a weapon :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I cant believe this came up on a youtube search.

try not to shoot yourself lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Remember that even if it's homemade, a crossbow is legally a firearm and you will be required to obtain a licence/permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

seamus wrote: »
    Remember that even if it's homemade, a crossbow is legally a firearm and you will be required to obtain a licence/permit.
    Not just a Firearm a Restricted Firearm which is a whole other kettle of fish.
    But If there is no mechanism for firing then I doubt it will be a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Nope there won't be a trigger mechanism or anything like that! I just want designs for the stock and the actual bow! Thanks for the help guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hello there robin hood.

This is easily the most bizzare DIY thread ive ever come across :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement