Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aprilia rs 125 restricted to 11kw

Options
  • 24-05-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I recently bought an Aprilia rs125 ad i need to restrict it to 11kw (for licence and insurance purposes). just wondering how to go about this? i know there are many ways to do this but i have heard or lads restricting them through the ECU but wiring it up ta a little switch to you can turn the restricter on and off..;)? also how do you go about proving to the insurance companys that you have the bike restricted..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

switch.... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

an rs125 is learner legal so why restrict it. full power is (claimed) 33hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i taught they remove the power valve blade and put a blanking plate over the power valve chamber to restrict them,never heard of the switch tingy before to be honest,,ya better off op to get the a licence and not bother with the a1 licence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

an rs125 is learner legal so why restrict it. full power is (claimed) 33hp.

A1 power restriction is 13 or 14 bhp

and the rs125 breaks the power to weight restiction of a provisional/restricted A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Wossack wrote: »
    A1 power restriction is 13 or 14 bhp

and the rs125 breaks the power to weight restiction of a provisional/restricted A
    Category A provisional licence holders are entitled to drive motorcycles with:

an engine power output of 25kW or less, or
    a power/weight ratio of 0.16kW/kg or less.

it might exceed the power/weight but its under 25kW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

it might exceed the power/weight but its under 25kW.

not getting into this restriction malarky again (every second week!)

but the OP is looking to get it restricted to 11kW, which means he's on about his 'A1' learner permit - so this is all moot

Advertisement